RemedySpot.com

Yeast Infection Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey all! my one year old niece has been suffering with a rash, eczema, a yeast

infection

and multiple ear infections. She was treated with antibiotics but is off of them

now and

seems to be doing ok - her parents are giving her probiotics, juiced veggies,

and

homeopathic ear drops on a regular basis. She is currently off wheat as that

definitely

makes the yeast infection worse. My sister-in-law is trying to get to the bottom

of the

problem (I gave her the info on this site so she may join or may have already

joined?).

Corn is another suspect but they are taking one step at a time. Anyway, I don't

really know

much about yeast infections so I thought I would ask some more knowledgable

individuals:

I understand that yeast is not a bacteria but actually a fungi. I also

understand that this

fungi feeds on sugars/carbs - hence the SCD and others like it, right? So the

best cure is to

1. avoid feeding the yeast and 2. try feeding good bacteria in the gut instead.

Is it helpful

to avoid eating yeast (and am I correct in saying that citric acid is a yeast,

Cyndi?) or does

that matter? And if so what contains yeast besides bread (vinegar?). She is on a

regular

dose of probiotic - does this need to be upped or taken with FOS or inulin

(prebiotics) to

really make a difference? I gave Logan some mega doses of probiotics with FOS

when we

first started and it definitely gave him diahhrea - is this short term cost

worth it for good

flora establishment - is it unavoidable or is it a sign that FOS should be

avoided? What

about naturally occurring prebiotics? What are some naturally occurring ones?

garlic,

onion.....? Also I have read that raw garlic is a great cure for yeast

infections - is this true

- how can it be administered to a one year old? Sorry for so many questions I am

just so

totally ignorant about this issue.....

Thanks in advance!

Reese

p.s. I have also read that once you reach 2 years old you pretty much have the

gut flora

you are going to have for life (barring antibiotics or the like) - so she wants

to ge

Check out www.healingnaturallybybee.com out an you will get all the answers. She also has a group called candida treatment. It is a very strict diet, but it works. I had my son on it who is now two years old. It took about two months, but it definitely helped a rash on his face that I couldn't get rid of any other way.

HTH, Shari

-- [ ] Yeast Infection Questions

Hey all! my one year old niece has been suffering with a rash, eczema, a yeast infection and multiple ear infections. She was treated with antibiotics but is off of them now and seems to be doing ok - her parents are giving her probiotics, juiced veggies, and homeopathic ear drops on a regular basis. She is currently off wheat as that definitely makes the yeast infection worse. My sister-in-law is trying to get to the bottom of the problem (I gave her the info on this site so she may join or may have already joined?). Corn is another suspect but they are taking one step at a time. Anyway, I don't really know much about yeast infections so I thought I would ask some more knowledgable individuals:I understand that yeast is not a bacteria but actually a fungi. I also understand that this fungi feeds on sugars/carbs - hence the SCD and others like it, right? So the best cure is to 1. avoid feeding the yeast and 2. try feeding good bacteria in the gut instead. Is it helpful to avoid eating yeast (and am I correct in saying that citric acid is a yeast, Cyndi?) or does that matter? And if so what contains yeast besides bread (vinegar?). She is on a regular dose of probiotic - does this need to be upped or taken with FOS or inulin (prebiotics) to really make a difference? I gave Logan some mega doses of probiotics with FOS when we first started and it definitely gave him diahhrea - is this short term cost worth it for good flora establishment - is it unavoidable or is it a sign that FOS should be avoided? What about naturally occurring prebiotics? What are some naturally occurring ones? garlic, onion.....? Also I have read that raw garlic is a great cure for yeast infections - is this true - how can it be administered to a one year old? Sorry for so many questions I am just so totally ignorant about this issue.....Thanks in advance!Reesep.s. I have also read that once you reach 2 years old you pretty much have the gut flora you are going to have for life (barring antibiotics or the like) - so she wants to ge