RemedySpot.com

raw milk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes, it is the acid.  That is also why vinegar and lemon juice is part of amarinade,  But buttermilk works particularly well, and also acts as an excellent preservative.MaureenOn Mar 11, 2008, at 11:45 AM, inasnit@... wrote:No I've never tried it... just a guess!Is it the acid in the milk that tenderizes it? Maybe add something acidic? Like lemon juice?

Guest guest

Its the enzymes in raw milk and buttermilk that predigest meat. The same as in lemon juice

Re: [ ] raw milk

Yes, it is the acid. That is also why vinegar and lemon juice is part of amarinade, But buttermilk works particularly well, and also acts as an excellent preservative.

Maureen

On Mar 11, 2008, at 11:45 AM, inasnitgmail wrote:

No I've never tried it... just a guess!Is it the acid in the milk that tenderizes it? Maybe add something acidic? Like lemon juice?

Guest guest

Of course you are right; I forgot about the enzymes.  But the acids work on it also.  Commercial buttermilk and pasteurized lemon juice and vinegar are used in most of today's cooking.  Don't know how much enzyme action there is in store-bought buttermilk, but the cultures are usually live, so there may still be some.  I think the enzymes do more than the acid, and would also work in the preservation realm, which the dead commercial stuff would not do.MaureenIts the enzymes in raw milk and buttermilk that predigest meat.  The same as in lemon juice   

Guest guest

Kandee,

There is another way that you can make chicken nuggets.

You take left-over chicken (about a breast worth or so) and

3 eggs, and any spices you like. (I use some onion granules,

garlic granules and lots of curry) Put it all in a food processor

When it's a thick batter, you fry them as little nugget pancakes

(about 2 tablespoons worth of batter) I use a lot of coconut oil

in a cast iron pan to fry them up.

Therese

Guest guest

That sounds *really* good!  I think I'll try that next week, and I'll bet it would also be delicious with ground mace instead of curry.  But the curry would be good with the taste from the coconut oil, and maybe a sauce made with coconut milk... This sounds good enough to use a whole chicken just for that purpose. Thanks for another idea for a sometimes stale menu.  My mind suffers from menu burnout at times.MaureenKandee, There is another way that you can make chicken nuggets.You take left-over chicken (about a breast worth or so) and3 eggs, and any spices you like. (I use some onion granules,garlic granules and lots of curry) Put it all in a food processorWhen it's a thick batter, you fry them as little nugget pancakes(about 2 tablespoons worth of batter) I use a lot of coconut oilin a cast iron pan to fry them up. Therese

Guest guest

Thanks that sounds good. I'll have to try that.

Kandee

Mom to Hannah, Grace and

[ ] Re:raw milk

Kandee,

There is another way that you can make chicken nuggets.

You take left-over chicken (about a breast worth or so) and

3 eggs, and any spices you like. (I use some onion granules,

garlic granules and lots of curry) Put it all in a food processor

When it's a thick batter, you fry them as little nugget pancakes

(about 2 tablespoons worth of batter) I use a lot of coconut oil

in a cast iron pan to fry them up.

Therese