RemedySpot.com

Kombucha tea

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

If adding juice to flavor your home-made stuff, you want to avoid making batches

of flavored - in other words, keep your Kombucha in the fridge by itself and mix

your juice in when you are ready to drink it. The reason for this is that the

Kombucha and fruit juice together have a tendancy to ferment and sour...even in

the fridge.

I like the store bought one mixed with Guava or mango. At home i have mixed my

own with organic bottle juices like pear, mango or peach.

As far as Store bought - Sunflower, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage - they are the

biggies and usually have it. The smaller Health food stores may or may not, but

most Co-op's may have at least one brand.

Happy consumption!

Syl

>

>

Guest guest

ARGHHHHHH I TRIED IT... DONT! it was gross. No beyond gross!

Syl

>

>

> One more ? since I obviously won't find it on Google... Would this react badly

with Superfood.... Too much yeast or anything like that!?! I dont even know if

they're the same kind of yeast or would react badly or if this is a moronic ?.

>

> Candace

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

Oh no! Not mixed together! Lol I just mean eaten in the same day seperately.Mixed? Ugh! I can imagine!!!!!!!Sent from my iPhoneOn Jul 20, 2009, at 2:34 PM, "Sylvia" <h10feet@...> wrote:

ARGHHHHHH I TRIED IT... DONT! it was gross. No beyond gross!

Syl

>

>

> One more ? since I obviously won't find it on Google... Would this react badly with Superfood.... Too much yeast or anything like that!?! I dont even know if they're the same kind of yeast or would react badly or if this is a moronic ?.

>

> Candace

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

I need to hunt down a Scoby. I wonder if freecycle would be a good bet.Sent from my iPhoneOn Jul 20, 2009, at 2:33 PM, "Sylvia" <h10feet@...> wrote:

If adding juice to flavor your home-made stuff, you want to avoid making batches of flavored - in other words, keep your Kombucha in the fridge by itself and mix your juice in when you are ready to drink it. The reason for this is that the Kombucha and fruit juice together have a tendancy to ferment and sour...even in the fridge.

I like the store bought one mixed with Guava or mango. At home i have mixed my own with organic bottle juices like pear, mango or peach.

As far as Store bought - Sunflower, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage - they are the biggies and usually have it. The smaller Health food stores may or may not, but most Co-op's may have at least one brand.

Happy consumption!

Syl

>

>

Guest guest

I can't wait to try it!

Peace, love, laughter

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.If adding juice to flavor your home-made stuff, you want to avoid making batches of flavored - in other words, keep your Kombucha in the fridge by itself and mix your juice in when you are ready to drink it. The reason for this is that the Kombucha and fruit juice together have a tendancy to ferment and sour...even in the fridge.I like the store bought one mixed with Guava or mango. At home i have mixed my own with organic bottle juices like pear, mango or peach.As far as Store bought - Sunflower, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage - they are the biggies and usually have it. The smaller

Health food stores may or may not, but most Co-op's may have at least one brand.Happy consumption!Syl