RemedySpot.com

RE: Albumin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Patty: if your albumin is low you should have your urine checked for protein. If this is negative you need to intake more protein. .

-----Original Message-----From: ~*Patty*~ [mailto:fdp@...]Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 10:46 AM Subject: Albumin

e, or Dr. Kolb,

Could you give me your take on blood results that show low albumin? What does that mean?

What needs to be done to get it back to a healthy range?

Thanks,

Patty

Guest guest

Patty I think you need to eat more protein, go on girl, have a nice steak once in awhile or some chicken, at least 3 times a week and then some salmon or something, you need protien girl!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 8:46 AM

Subject: Albumin

e, or Dr. Kolb,

Could you give me your take on blood results that show low albumin? What does that mean?

What needs to be done to get it back to a healthy range?

Thanks,

Patty

Guest guest

Hi ,

I did start eating more protein after I saw this homeopathic doc (who is also a D.O.). I found some protein bars that I liked, but my head has been so screwed up for the past few weeks! I don't know what the heck is going on with me! I mean, the brain fog is probably worse now that it has been in many, many months. I don't even know how to explain it anymore, except that I feel majorly spaced out and extremely mentally fatigued all the time, with it being worse in the afternoon. Maybe those protein bars are just a poor choice for me. I am thinking it is food allergies that are taking a toll, and so I am on a three day fast to get rid of any antigens in my body and then it is strictly fruits, vegetables, and plant proteins for awhile. I have been eating chicken in small amounts, and occasionally fish, so I haven't been totally without protein. All I know is that I felt 99% normal for a long, long time during the winter months, but I have been feeling like hell this summer. It sucks.

Thanks for caring !

Love ya,

Patty

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 9:13 AM

Subject: Re: Albumin

Patty I think you need to eat more protein, go on girl, have a nice steak once in awhile or some chicken, at least 3 times a week and then some salmon or something, you need protien girl!

Guest guest

I don't get it at all, my brain fog is gone for so long now all the time and I eat bad well, not always but pretty much bad. Hey we got this buffalo meat, it is so lean and yummy, I made pasta sauce with it, better than turkey or ground beef and it is full of protein and lean. I would highly recommend you start working out daily to help, and eat protein in fish and chicken, skip the bars. Get some good meat too if you can, it is way better source of protein than the bars trust me.

Exercise girl is where it is at, I am sure that is what has helped me, even with my foot I still go to the gym faithfully, there is really no excuse not to, you just make the time, and if you have a hurt foot, swim, that is what I am doing, today I did my first aqaua aerobics class, it was really fun, got up at 6am and got my butt down there and it felt good, they use weights and other things and they work you hard, you really would love it trust me.

well I am laying in the sun today for a bit. Gosh I hope you feel better soon, oh yeah are you doing the vitamin B12 shots? I can send you some if you want, let me know, I have more than I need.

love ya

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 11:25 AM

Hi ,

I did start eating more protein after I saw this homeopathic doc (who is also a D.O.). I found some protein bars that I liked, but my head has been so screwed up for the past few weeks! I don't know what the heck is going on with me! I mean, the brain fog is probably worse now that it has been in many, many months. I don't even know how to explain it anymore, except that I feel majorly spaced out and extremely mentally fatigued all the time, with it being worse in the afternoon. Maybe those protein bars are just a poor choice for me. I am thinking it is food allergies that are taking a toll, and so I am on a three day fast to get rid of any antigens in my body and then it is strictly fruits, vegetables, and plant proteins for awhile. I have been eating chicken in small amounts, and occasionally fish, so I haven't been totally without protein. All I know is that I felt 99% normal for a long, long time during the winter months, but I have been feeling like hell this summer. It sucks.

Thanks for caring !

Love ya,

Patty

Guest guest

The DO NOT EATS are: Gulf Coast Oysters, (Ithink these would be the

Appilachacola oysters) tuna, sea bass, halibut, pike, canned tuna, shark, swordfish and king mackeral

The OKs are: farmraised catfish, farmraised trout and farmraised shrimp,

flounder, wild Pacific salmon, Mid-Atlantic blue crab, haddock

This list is about two years old so I don't know what may have been added. . .

not a great selection to eat, though.

The mercury issue in fish came up many years ago, but disappeared almost

as quickly. Now the health advocates have some bucks to broadcast this

information. What I'm trying to say is. . .mercury has been in fish a long time, so

if you have been eating the "DO NOTS" a lot, for a long time, pay more attention

to this. It seems the first realization of mercury was in the Great Lakes salmon.

Bonnie

Guest guest

Thanks, Bonnie, I do have some protein powder called "Spirutein", it is pretty good. When I look at my protein intake, I usually am looking at grams, rather than mgs. Those protein bars had 14 grams of protein per bar, and they were pretty good tasting! I have some rice protein powder as well, which has 12 grams per serving (1 Tablespoon)

If I remember right, Dr. Kolb, you said spirulina might not be a good thing for us since it increases cytokines....and for us, that is a bad thing, right?

Patty

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 10:47 AM

Patty--might check into Spirulina--three capsules (Solaray) provide 876 mg of protein; this one also includes a little Vit A and Iron. Bonnie

Guest guest

You know, , I am convinced it is the exercise that will help get rid of this brain fog for good. Ever since I broke my ankle and I couldn't work out, I have been messed up. I was on crutches/in a cast for about 6 weeks I think--long enough to screw me up pretty good and even after the cast came off, I couldn't run or work out much. Here it is 2 months later, and even though I am able to walk OK, I can't go running yet, or do my 2 mile walks in the morning without my ankle getting sore. So, I am pretty sure the exercise is key here.

I am doing laps in my pool at night, all I need to do is keep it up....

I am so glad your brain fog is completely gone, what a blessing that is for you. I know you've worked hard, and it has paid off! You go, girl! I guess that is proof positive enough that, between you and me, the exercise is the one thing that has made a difference in the rate of healing. Everyone take heed--get on an exercise program and stick with it!

Eat healthy foods, but it sounds like in the end, it is the exercise, the sweating, the moving of the body that makes a big difference.

Patty

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 10:37 AM

I don't get it at all, my brain fog is gone for so long now all the time and I eat bad well, not always but pretty much bad. Hey we got this buffalo meat, it is so lean and yummy, I made pasta sauce with it, better than turkey or ground beef and it is full of protein and lean. I would highly recommend you start working out daily to help, and eat protein in fish and chicken, skip the bars. Get some good meat too if you can, it is way better source of protein than the bars trust me.

Exercise girl is where it is at, I am sure that is what has helped me, even with my foot I still go to the gym faithfully, there is really no excuse not to, you just make the time, and if you have a hurt foot, swim, that is what I am doing, today I did my first aqaua aerobics class, it was really fun, got up at 6am and got my butt down there and it felt good, they use weights and other things and they work you hard, you really would love it trust me.

well I am laying in the sun today for a bit. Gosh I hope you feel better soon, oh yeah are you doing the vitamin B12 shots? I can send you some if you want, let me know, I have more than I need.

love ya

Hi ,

Thanks for caring !

Love ya,

Patty

Guest guest

PS. Yes, I am doing the Vit B-12 shots--the homeopathic doc gave me a mixture of B12 and B5, along with some other homeopathic stuff. I finally got brave enough to give myself a shot in the arm! Now I don't have to rely on my husband to do it for me, although I don't like doing it, not one bit. Hey, if you have an extra B12 you want to send me, I'll take it. It looks like I'll be using it! Thanks!

Patty

love ya

Hi ,

Thanks for caring !

Love ya,

Patty

Guest guest

I thought she said the spirulina was a good thin? Anyhow I still think that good old fashioned protien in meat and chicken and fish is best, I know allot of people disagree but that is my opinion. Of course I like the free range chicken and the grass fed beef which can be harder to find I guess.

Hugs

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 12:12 PM

Thanks, Bonnie, I do have some protein powder called "Spirutein", it is pretty good. When I look at my protein intake, I usually am looking at grams, rather than mgs. Those protein bars had 14 grams of protein per bar, and they were pretty good tasting! I have some rice protein powder as well, which has 12 grams per serving (1 Tablespoon)

If I remember right, Dr. Kolb, you said spirulina might not be a good thing for us since it increases cytokines....and for us, that is a bad thing, right?

Patty

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 10:47 AM

Patty--might check into Spirulina--three capsules (Solaray) provide 876 mg of protein; this one also includes a little Vit A and Iron. Bonnie

Guest guest

Get some water weights and those noodle things they use and tread water too instead of just laps, I learned alot in that class today that I didn't know about working out in water, it is awesome for injuries, I have the damn plantar fascitis or heel spurs and this works better than anything else for me. While I am almost 99.9 % sure that my foot problems this time stem from injury and over use, bad shoes, there is still that nagging doubt in the back of my head that it has something to do with implants still, but so far I am ok other than that, so who knows. I am also glad I got rid of the H pylori maybe that was part of my illness too. Did you ever get tested for that?

It was a nightmare to get rid of it though blah blah blah!

Hope you feel better soon girl

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 12:22 PM

You know, , I am convinced it is the exercise that will help get rid of this brain fog for good. Ever since I broke my ankle and I couldn't work out, I have been messed up. I was on crutches/in a cast for about 6 weeks I think--long enough to screw me up pretty good and even after the cast came off, I couldn't run or work out much. Here it is 2 months later, and even though I am able to walk OK, I can't go running yet, or do my 2 mile walks in the morning without my ankle getting sore. So, I am pretty sure the exercise is key here.

I am doing laps in my pool at night, all I need to do is keep it up....

I am so glad your brain fog is completely gone, what a blessing that is for you. I know you've worked hard, and it has paid off! You go, girl! I guess that is proof positive enough that, between you and me, the exercise is the one thing that has made a difference in the rate of healing. Everyone take heed--get on an exercise program and stick with it!

Eat healthy foods, but it sounds like in the end, it is the exercise, the sweating, the moving of the body that makes a big difference.

Patty

love ya

Hi ,

Thanks for caring !

Love ya,

Patty

Guest guest

Do you do it the muscle in your arm?

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 12:25 PM

PS. Yes, I am doing the Vit B-12 shots--the homeopathic doc gave me a mixture of B12 and B5, along with some other homeopathic stuff. I finally got brave enough to give myself a shot in the arm! Now I don't have to rely on my husband to do it for me, although I don't like doing it, not one bit. Hey, if you have an extra B12 you want to send me, I'll take it. It looks like I'll be using it! Thanks!

Patty

love ya

Hi ,

Thanks for caring !

Love ya,

Patty

Guest guest

Patty,

Like Dr. Kolb said, low albumin indicates that you need to increase your

protein intake. Low albumin can result from a draining wound, poor diet, or

acute illness. And what is happening is that whatever is going on is

causing you to lose your protein stores. So, yes, you must increase your

protein intake.

e

>From: " Heer " <idagirl@...>

>Reply-

>< >

>Subject: Re: Albumin

>Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:13:35 -0600

>

>Patty I think you need to eat more protein, go on girl, have a nice steak

>once in awhile or some chicken, at least 3 times a week and then some

>salmon or something, you need protien girl!

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: ~*Patty*~

>

> Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 8:46 AM

> Subject: Albumin

>

>

> e, or Dr. Kolb,

> Could you give me your take on blood results that show low albumin?

>What does that mean?

>

> What needs to be done to get it back to a healthy range?

> Thanks,

> Patty

>

>

Guest guest

Heck, I don't know--I know my arms aren't all muscle--there's quite a bit of fat! Ha ha ha. I use a 25 gauge, five-eighths inch needle. Couldn't tell you if it's hitting muscle or not, but the doc told me to give the shots subQ anyway. All I know is that it is going in....

Patty

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 11:53 AM

Do you do it the muscle in your arm?

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 12:25 PM

Patty

Guest guest

While protein from fish is good, you must also remember that certain kinds

of fish have very high levels of mercury in them. There are several that

are high in mercury, although I can't remember any of them now except I know

tuna is one. I'm not a fish eater (can't stand it), so I don't get any

protein from fish. But if you are a fish eater, remember that many fish (I

think it's the big fish) contain this, and docs are now even recommending

that pregnant women not eat these types of fish due to the mercury levels.

e

>From: " Heer " <idagirl@...>

>Reply-

>< >

>Subject: Re: Albumin

>Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:49:42 -0600

>

>I thought she said the spirulina was a good thin? Anyhow I still think that

>good old fashioned protien in meat and chicken and fish is best, I know

>allot of people disagree but that is my opinion. Of course I like the free

>range chicken and the grass fed beef which can be harder to find I guess.

>

>Hugs

>

> From: ~*Patty*~

>

> Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 12:12 PM

> Subject: Re: Albumin

>

>

> Thanks, Bonnie, I do have some protein powder called " Spirutein " , it is

>pretty good. When I look at my protein intake, I usually am looking at

>grams, rather than mgs. Those protein bars had 14 grams of protein per

>bar, and they were pretty good tasting! I have some rice protein powder as

>well, which has 12 grams per serving (1 Tablespoon)

>

> If I remember right, Dr. Kolb, you said spirulina might not be a good

>thing for us since it increases cytokines....and for us, that is a bad

>thing, right?

> Patty

> From: Bos@...

>

> Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 10:47 AM

> Subject: Re: Albumin

>

>

> Patty--might check into Spirulina--three capsules

> (Solaray) provide 876 mg of protein; this one also

> includes a little Vit A and Iron.

>

> Bonnie

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Isn't it interesting that there is all this talk in the media about pregnant and nursing moms to avoid eating fish, yet no warning about NOT getting amalgam fillings for their teeth during this time, or root canals, or any major dental work using mercury?

It seems to me that the dangers to the fetus are much greater from the fillings than from the fish that might be consumed!

Patty

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 2:56 PM

The DO NOT EATS are: Gulf Coast Oysters, (Ithink these would be the Appilachacola oysters) tuna, sea bass, halibut, pike, canned tuna, shark, swordfish and king mackeral The OKs are: farmraised catfish, farmraised trout and farmraised shrimp, flounder, wild Pacific salmon, Mid-Atlantic blue crab, haddock This list is about two years old so I don't know what may have been added. . . not a great selection to eat, though. The mercury issue in fish came up many years ago, but disappeared almost as quickly. Now the health advocates have some bucks to broadcast this information. What I'm trying to say is. . .mercury has been in fish a long time, so if you have been eating the "DO NOTS" a lot, for a long time, pay more attention to this. It seems the first realization of mercury was in the Great Lakes salmon. Bonnie

Guest guest

Spirulina may increase cytokines so this may not be the best way to get protein for silicone patients who already have too many cytokines. .

-----Original Message-----From: Bos@... [mailto:Bos@...]Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 1:47 PM Subject: Re: AlbuminPatty--might check into Spirulina--three capsules (Solaray) provide 876 mg of protein; this one also includes a little Vit A and Iron. Bonnie