RemedySpot.com

Re: Fw: here is the updated list for you!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My corrective surgery in May (mastopexy/reduction) was over 3 1/2 hours. My PS did not charge per time (hour) but by procedure itself. The OR costs, however, did increase with time. He has a flat rate for each procedure including explant/recontruction. I don't know the exact fee, I remember it was in the neighborhood of 5--6000.

LM

Guest guest

e

The package is inculding OR anesthesia explant and capsulectomy. It does not

cover lifts, that is a completely seperate operation. Package means explant

package, with Feng since she has her own surgical suite there are no hidden

charges they are included in the " package "

Again that is fine if you disagree with the prices that I have listed but

these came from very reliable sources, so I will leave them up. If someone

tells me that they have had to pay more than what I have on the list then, I

will change the list.

I was not and am not upset with your comments, however I want to make clear

that I am not providing incorrect info either, what drives the cost of

explant way up is the lift which is more than a set of implants to my

knowledge, at least from Dr Feng. My surgery ran over 5 hours, she basically

did a ton of work on me, I don't feel that my 9,900 dollar fee was

exhorbitant for what she did to me.

My original ps charged me 5600 bucks to place implants in me that plus

another 350 to the anestheiologist and this was for a 3 hour procedure. So

if you do the math it makes sense that almost 6 hours of surgery would end

up being around 10,000.

Hugs

----- Original Message -----

< >

Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 1:16 PM

Subject: Re: Fw: here is the updated list for you!

> ,

>

> No reason to get all upset about my comments. I am simply making a

> statement and/or observation and pointing it out to you. It is called

> constructive feedback, and is only meant to ensure that women are NOT

> mislead into believing the listed prices include everything. To me a

> package means just that---a package of more than one thing! If I needed

an

> explant, and I saw " package " listed, I would immediately think that that

> included surgery fee, anesthesia, postop visits, and possibly OR suite. I

> would be ecstatic and run to my closest ps on the list, only to be

> disappointed when I found out that it would be much more expensive and I

had

> gotten my hopes up.

>

> Remember, as a moderator, you also want to ensure that you provide

quality,

> up to date info to these women who so desperately need support, help, and

> info, and often don't have other access to information.

>

> Again, take this as feedback only, not criticism. I think it's great that

> we have compiled a list of ps' who do explant; whereas, when I had my

> explant, I did not have any of this info--was told Dr. Huang and Feng were

> the only 2 docs who did the procedure correctly and could be trusted. So

> this group has come a long way in 2 yrs, and you should work on making it

> even better, because I know you, and all of us as part of the group, can!

>

> e

>

>

> >From: " Heer " <idagirl@...>

> >Reply-

> >< >

> >Subject: Re: Fw: here is the updated list for you!

> >Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:09:14 -0600

> >

> >ps

> >

> >I put this list up to be helpful so if it is upsetting to some people

> >because they don't think it is accurate I could just take it down, and

then

> >allot of women might be even less informed

> >

> > ----- Original Message -----

> > From: perlesetlacet@...

> >

> > Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 10:20 PM

> > Subject: Re: Fw: here is the updated list for

you!

> >

> >

> > These are " explant " prices only I take it? They need to be specific.

> >

> > LM

> >

Guest guest

All inclusive what explant and lift? I know of NO PS that puts two surgeries into any kind of package deal. If someone knows of one I would love to hear about it.

Thanks

Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 3:40 PM

Hi e:I understand your point very well and agree. I too think "package" suggests all-inclusive. The list itself is misleading and should be revised.Take care.-Marie

Guest guest

From what I know there is in some cases an hourly rate for the time in the OR, my original implanting PS told me the fees for anesthesia and or would be one thing, three months later I got a bill for 300 bucks telling me that I owed them for time that went over the allotted 2 hours or whatever it was.

Dr Feng does not charge by the hour, for surgery or OR Fees she has a rate that is included in her explant and lift procedures. These two procedures are separate since they are two completely different things. Not everyone wants a lift when explanting, and doesn't need it either. It is really up to the patient to decide what they want and if they want a PS with many many references that offers tons of before and after pictures, or wants to gamble with one who does not. For me hands down I am happy I paid a little more, to me the $$$ was not an issue. I realize for some it is, and if saving 1,000 dollars is a big issue for some women there are cheaper ps's that I am told do as good of a job as her. So my advice is to shop around when undertaking such a major commitment. If money is the issue or contributing factor in your final decision, there are options. I hope that one day there will be more competition in this field for explant and lifts, which would obviously drive the price down as it has with implants

Guest guest

I wanted to add to e and any others that I did not make this list and simply copied to it to be helpful from another board that claims it is the most current and updated one available. If anyone has someone they would like to add to it by all means I am open to ideas. Also I am curious as to what everyone thinks that package means exactly? I never thought to ask but I just assumed it was explant and surgery and pre op consult etc. Not the mastopexy. I think I will just add that note to the list rather than do away with package.

thanks

Hi e:I understand your point very well and agree. I too think "package" suggests all-inclusive. The list itself is misleading and should be revised.Take care.-Marie

Guest guest

No actually this list is revised and updated if you looked at it you would see several new Dr's that are added and the prices are in deed true. I think I have told this over and over but here goes one more time, I got this list from explantation.com, it is updated as of a month ago, yes many of the Dr's are the same and many are new.

I think I only put it in an email I don't believe I have had time to update the file.

Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 7:50 PM

This list of plastic surgeons has been circulating for over 4 and a half years that I am aware of . It is the same one I saw when I was searching for explant in 1998. I have no idea how long it was around before then. I am sure that there are more doctors to be added to the list, (I had updated it with more names, as well as arranging the names by state at one time, but I lost my file when my son reformatted my computer, arghhh). So I don't think that this list is current and up to date, in the sense that names are added or removed as necessary. No one has undertaken the task to modify this list ever that I know of, although when Ilena was active, several women endeavored to update this list as well as creating a list of MD's knowledgeable in treating our silicone induced illness, but that went nowhere. I had added doctors to the list while in touch with many women on Ilena's group, but that was my own list, and as I said, I lost it. I think the best idea is to eliminate the $$$$ figures and just let the women consult with the doctors and find out the price directly, noting that there are several possibilities....explant alone, or explant with lift.

Patty

Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 4:39 PM

I wanted to add to e and any others that I did not make this list and simply copied to it to be helpful from another board that claims it is the most current and updated one available. If anyone has someone they would like to add to it by all means I am open to ideas. Also I am curious as to what everyone thinks that package means exactly? I never thought to ask but I just assumed it was explant and surgery and pre op consult etc. Not the mastopexy. I think I will just add that note to the list rather than do away with package.

thanks