RemedySpot.com

Re: Weight loss supplements

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks e, I appreciate your thoughts.

I am checking out a product called Slim Factors (http://www.americannutrition.com/diet/leptin.htm ) that the lady at the health food store suggested for me.

I think what has made my problem more difficult has been all the fasting I have done. It has probably slowed down my metabolism, and I am used to skipping meals alot. Not good. My body has probably been in a fat storing mode for some time now.

Anyway, I am interested in the CLA too, as mentioned a product that was supposed to be good and it is the conjugated linoleic acid. In the meantime, I am staying with my daily walks, pumping it and I can really tell a difference. I am feeling so much better it is amazing. These walks have made all the difference for me. I've added the baby aspirin too.

Take care e.

Patty

Patty, I did take the CLA back in the fall, and I never noticed a difference. I did take it for about 2 months, but I never noticed that it curbed my appetite at all. But maybe for you (and others) it would. But I have lost so much weight anyway since I arrived in Tucson. I have lost close to 50 pds, but I've done it unhealthy----by starving myself. Old habits die hard. That anorexic in me just doesn't want to go away, and it never will. Once an anorexic, always an anorexic--same as an alcoholic. You can be clean for yrs, but that temptation is still there and one bad day is all it takes. Same with anorexics. We can maintain our weight and do real well, but it's always in the back of our heads that we're fat, or "I need to lose weight" or "if I eat that, I will blow up." So that temptation to stop eating is always there. It is a control thing, and when the rest of our life is out of control (as mine is and has been for a long time), we use food (or lack of) to control our lives because we feel it's the only thing we can control. I also get scripts for phentermine and have lasix which helps a lot. So, the natural stuff just doesn't do it for me, but I know that for many people it does and that is the way to go if you want to lose weight--that combined with diet and exercise. I'm also positive that my anorexia has played a role in my osteoporosis. I've been anorexic since I was 13, and it's come and gone several times since then. Unfortunately, I lost so much weight a few yrs ago, and got down to 80 pds (I'm 5'8" and medium frame), and almost passed out in my docs office. She admitted me to the hospital and they discovered my Qtc interval was very prolonged and my K+ was 1.9 (normal is 3.5-5.0). It was a nightmare, with them threatening to force feed me through a tube and me refusing to eat, etc. Anyway, it worked out okay, and then I went in the opposite direction, and ate everything in sight, hence the massive weight gain this winter. But I'm healthy now, at my "normal" weight of 130 and eat now. But I also exercise a lot, and I'm trying very hard to change my eating habits and eat more healthy. I'm hoping that getting back to Denver will change my life in a positive way, and I am looking at it as a new start and a chance to work on me as a person. I think with happiness comes a peacefulness from within and a contentness to be happy with who you are and what you have to offer. e ----- Original Message ----- From: ~*Patty*~ Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 7:47 PM Subject: Re: Weight loss supplements Thanks e, I appreciate your thoughts. I am checking out a product called Slim Factors (http://www.americannutrition.com/diet/leptin.htm ) that the lady at the health food store suggested for me. I think what has made my problem more difficult has been all the fasting I have done. It has probably slowed down my metabolism, and I am used to skipping meals alot. Not good. My body has probably been in a fat storing mode for some time now. Anyway, I am interested in the CLA too, as mentioned a product that was supposed to be good and it is the conjugated linoleic acid. In the meantime, I am staying with my daily walks, pumping it and I can really tell a difference. I am feeling so much better it is amazing. These walks have made all the difference for me. I've added the baby aspirin too. Take care e. Patty

• 3 years later...

try yoga it will help u lose weight

Alison Huberty <adelicatefew@...> wrote: I was diagnosed last July,

started T4 replacement then and everything

seemed to be getting back to normal. My weight hasn't changed...gave

birth in February and have not lost any weight since then. Now I feel

like I am gaining weight, depression and confusion are coming back

(found the carrots in the freezer).

Going to call doctor to see if he can change meds, but was wondering

is anyone could recommend any weight loss supplements that actually

work. I have been using the Lean for Less for past 3 weeks, but am

interested in success stories.