RemedySpot.com

Fw: From Toxic Discovery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

----- Original Message ----- From: Kathi

Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 7:10 AM

Subject: From Toxic Discovery

ONE LAWYERS THOUGHTS ON THE BREAST IMPLANT ISSUE. Many of these announcements sound like declarations of war followed immediately by declarations of peace. The number of Australian women receiving more than a few hundred dollars is not likely to exceed the number black aviators in the Belgium Air Force. I am confident that the criteria for serious disease payment would fail to qualify at least 80% of those who actually have the disease using pre-plan-definitions. I have a hard time understanding the ready acceptance of these "new" criteria. I remember a Dow expert saying that you can't compare apples and oranges, although he readily compared the number of silicone women with lupus (using new criteria) to the incidence of lupus using traditional criteria. If I recall correctly the accepted national number was about 3.5 per thousand. In addition, don't forget that 90% of implant women were white, and the accepted national incidence rate for white women was something like 1.5 per thousand. Implant women were found to have a lupus incidence of about 3 per thousand. All of this genuinely pissed me off, but I was unable to get anyone one to listen. ------ © 2002 Toxic Discovery Network Toxic Discovery Network 1906 Grant Lane Columbia, MO. 65203 Phone: (573) 445-8700 Fax: (573) 445-4700 www.toxicdiscovery.com "Informed Consent Begins With Informed Individuals" ********************SPONSOR MESSAGE********************** Dow Corning, a global leader in silicon-based materials, markets its elastomers under the Silastic® brand name. The Silastic® brand elastomer product lines consist of fluorosilicone rubber, liquid silicone rubber and high consistency silicone rubber bases and compounds. Its lines of Cured-In-Place Gasketing and Dispensed Foam Gasketing materials are marketed under the Dow Corning® brand name. For more information, visit us at http://www.rubbernews.com/dowcorning.html?id=20020911

• 5 years later...

Look what just came up:

From Toxic Discovery

ONE LAWYERS THOUGHTS ON THE BREAST IMPLANT ISSUE. Many of these announcements sound like declarations of war followed immediately by declarations of peace. The number of Australian women receiving more than a few hundred dollars is not likely to exceed the number black aviators in the Belgium Air Force. I am confident that the criteria for serious disease payment would fail to qualify at least 80% of those who actually have the disease using pre-plan-definitions. I have a hard time understanding the ready acceptance of these "new" criteria. I remember a Dow expert saying that you can't compare apples and oranges, although he readily compared the number of silicone women with lupus (using new criteria) to the incidence of lupus using traditional criteria. If I recall correctly the accepted national number was about 3.5 per thousand. In addition, don't forget that 90% of implant women were white, and the accepted national incidence rate for white women was something like 1.5 per thousand. Implant women were found to have a lupus incidence of about 3 per thousand. All of this genuinely pissed me off, but I was unable to get anyone one to listen. ------ © 2002 Toxic Discovery Network Toxic Discovery Network 1906 Grant Lane Columbia, MO. 65203 Phone: (573) 445-8700 Fax: (573) 445-4700 www.toxicdiscovery.com "Informed Consent Begins With Informed Individuals" ********************SPONSOR MESSAGE********************** Dow Corning, a global leader in silicon-based materials, markets its elastomers under the Silastic® brand name. The Silastic® brand elastomer product lines consist of fluorosilicone rubber, liquid silicone rubber and high consistency silicone rubber bases and compounds. Its lines of Cured-In-Place Gasketing and Dispensed Foam Gasketing materials are marketed under the Dow Corning® brand name. For more information, visit us at http://www.rubbernews.com/dowcorning.html?id=20020911