RemedySpot.com

Re: Anti-TPO Antibodies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Patty--it has been discovered that one does not necesarily have to be on replacement hormone for life. . .I know we are told we have to be but

some people have not.

If you already tested underactive, then you have Hoshimoto's ORGAN -SPECIFIC

autoimmune disorder--not a systemic autoimmune disease. Your immune system is/was dysregulated and chose to manifest this in the thryoid gland. There are generally three antibodies that can be found with Hoshimoto's--you have one of them. There is a message board on aboutthyroid.com and one patient tells of his ordeals with hypothyroidism, which were over when he detoxed from heavy metals. One can have metals aside from implants. . .

I believe it was somewhere on this site that I read about the

ability to reinstitute normal thryoid activity. Shoman has this thryoid site

and tells it all, so you have to pick and chose your philosophies. Do you feel

fine on the Cytomel? I wonder why he is deleting it?

Just about everyone I've talked to who had silicone implants has an

autoimmune thyroid problem; however, Hoshimoto's and/or subclinical

hypothyroidism has practically reached "epidemic" proportions in this country--it

is suspected by many to be due to chemicals from various sources. . .I think

estrogenic chemicals are targeted.

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie--I appreciate your comments very much. I think I can get this under control...I have been feeling pretty good. The only reason he wants to cut the Cytomel is because my blood work shows my T3 is too high. I am only taking the smallest dose --5 mcg twice a day, so I must not need it too much.

I've looked at Shomon's site several times, but never from the perspective of being actually diagnosed with Hashimoto's! So now I need to look it over very carefully.

Thanks again Bonnie!

Patty

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 6:22 PM

Subject: Re: Anti-TPO Antibodies

Patty--it has been discovered that one does not necesarily have to be on replacement hormone for life. . .I know we are told we have to be but some people have not. If you already tested underactive, then you have Hoshimoto's ORGAN -SPECIFIC autoimmune disorder--not a systemic autoimmune disease. Your immune system is/was dysregulated and chose to manifest this in the thryoid gland. There are generally three antibodies that can be found with Hoshimoto's--you have one of them. There is a message board on aboutthyroid.com and one patient tells of his ordeals with hypothyroidism, which were over when he detoxed from heavy metals. One can have metals aside from implants. . . I believe it was somewhere on this site that I read about the ability to reinstitute normal thryoid activity. Shoman has this thryoid site and tells it all, so you have to pick and chose your philosophies. Do you feel fine on the Cytomel? I wonder why he is deleting it? Just about everyone I've talked to who had silicone implants has an autoimmune thyroid problem; however, Hoshimoto's and/or subclinical hypothyroidism has practically reached "epidemic" proportions in this country--it is suspected by many to be due to chemicals from various sources. . .I think estrogenic chemicals are targeted. Bonnie

Patty

I am not sure that I have ever been tested for this one? What exactly is the blood test for this? I guess it is worth me checking it out.

Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 6:06 PM

Subject: Anti-TPO Antibodies

It's official I guess....I just got off the phone with my endocrinologist, who has received my bloodwork results, and I have anti-TPO antibodies. This means I have an autoimmune thyroid disease and will have to take thyroid medicine the rest of my life. He wants me to continue the Biothroid, but cut back on the Cytomel for 6 weeks, and then cut it out entirely and stay solely on the Biothroid.

I suppose it could be worse...anyone else have anti-TPO antibodies? He claims that all the implanted women he has seen have had thyroid problems.

Patty

It was part of a whole work up on the thyroid and parathyroid, which included calcium, ionized calcium, PTH, Free T3, Free T4, TSH Ultra Sensitive, Anti-thyroglobulin Ab, and Anti-TPO Antibody, and vitamin D. I'll bet you have had some of these--didn't you say you had low thyroid too?

Patty

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 9:07 AM

Patty

I am not sure that I have ever been tested for this one? What exactly is the blood test for this? I guess it is worth me checking it out.

Yeah I have had these but as far as I know the only thing off was low thryoid, guess I should get the details huh?

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 2:48 PM

It was part of a whole work up on the thyroid and parathyroid, which included calcium, ionized calcium, PTH, Free T3, Free T4, TSH Ultra Sensitive, Anti-thyroglobulin Ab, and Anti-TPO Antibody, and vitamin D. I'll bet you have had some of these--didn't you say you had low thyroid too?

Patty

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 9:07 AM

Patty

Patty--

Be sure to let the endo know if/when you don't feel good.

I'm real curious about the cutback on the T3 also--why

did he prescribe it to begin with? Were you on something different from Biothroid?

Bonnie

Oh--two different docs. . .that just goes to show how different people are with those thyroid hormones. . .

docs and patients. . . I didn't feel at all well on Cytomel

but it was obvious that it was taking care of problems

I had. . .weird, isn't it?

Bonnie

HI Marie,

Actually, I never felt hyper on the T3, and I was surprised that the endocrinologist told me to cut it back because I was feeling so good.

Patty

Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 11:32 AM

Patty:Hi. When your T3 is too high, do you become hyper? It happened to me. My endo will only give me T4 meds.Take care,LM

Bonnie,

It was a different doc that prescribed the Cytomel--a D.O. He is also the one that prescribed the Biothroid. But he didn't seem real eager to talk about the blood results in a professional manner, in my opinion, so I decided to see an endocrinologist instead. He took more blood work, and from those results told me to cut back on the Cytomel. I told him I was feeling pretty good, but he said, definitely, I am getting too much T3 on it, so I must cut it back over the next 6 weeks and we will check again.

Patty

Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 7:59 PM

Patty-- Be sure to let the endo know if/when you don't feel good. I'm real curious about the cutback on the T3 also--why did he prescribe it to begin with? Were you on something different from Biothroid? Bonnie

Patty is the cytomel and the byothyroid natural or synthetic? What makes them different than the Armour?

I know someone here will have an answer!

Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 8:20 PM

HI Marie,

Actually, I never felt hyper on the T3, and I was surprised that the endocrinologist told me to cut it back because I was feeling so good.

Patty

Patty:Hi. When your T3 is too high, do you become hyper? It happened to me. My endo will only give me T4 meds.Take care,LM

The Cytomel is synthetic I am certain. The Biothroid is natural like Armour, but it is somehow different--I am not sure how, but it does come from pig sources like the Armour. The pill is actually a capsule, not a tablet.

Patty

Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 5:29 AM

Patty is the cytomel and the byothyroid natural or synthetic? What makes them different than the Armour?

HI Marie,

Patty

I haven't been yet, but here are the three I would

check on. . .I'd ask the first two if they do it. . .

I'm hesitant about Guyer

Dale Guyer, MD in Zionsville--prractices alternative

Balch, MD in Greencastle (just east of Geist) He is a urologist I think,

but heavily into alternative for years before now; his wife is Phyllis Balch--one

sees their book used as a reference in healthfood stores. Urologists often

deal with toxicology.

Someone told me that the government scientists say the 24 hour urine test is the

best for platinum. My own family doc here in Lafayette, does the 24 hour urine for

a lot of things and I'll have to ask him about platinum. I know he sends the urine

off for testing somewhere as it takes six weeks before one gets results.

The gals on the silicone site who have tested, are detoxing or went before the

FDA, went to/sent samples to Ernest Lykissa--he is/was with Baylor University

in Houston, in pathology. His lab is called ExperTox and is at 1803 Center Street,

Deer Park, TX phone 281-476-4600. Exper Tox can also do nutritional counseling.

Check with Ernest insurance and cost--it might be worth it to get a nutritional

evaluation--one that includes magnesium and sulfur.

Let me know who you wind up with, OK?

Bonnie

You can't get T3 in any form except synthetic. However, the Biothroid is natural.

When the first doc told me I needed to take Cytomel, I did some research on it on the internet, and figured since he told me I needed it, I would take it and see what happens. He is an alternative doc, which is always my first choice, and I trusted him. However, he didn't really discuss the issue with me in a professional manner, so I decided to have another opinion with the endocrinologist. He was the one that told me my T3 was too high, and to get off the Cytomel. What a merry go round.

But yes, I will always go natural first, no synthetics for me, but when the only thing out there is synthetic, you don't really have a choice. Thyroid hormones are probably the only ones I would ever take anyway. Any other drugs out there I'll just say NO Way.

Patty

Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 7:18 AM

Why are you taking the Cytomel if it is a synthetic? I am confused because I thought you always told me not to take the synthetic and to stick with the natural ones. Anyhow I need to get more blood work done to see how my thyroid is these days. I go to see my Doc today so I am also going to ask her to give me a copy of the results so I can get the exact numbers. It is my right isn't it afterall it is my blood, my thryoid ha ha.

I wonder if the dose I am on is good, I have allot of energy but I am also hungry allot too.

I only take the 30mg dose once of day of the armour.

hugs

Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 7:28 AM

The Cytomel is synthetic I am certain. The Biothroid is natural like Armour, but it is somehow different--I am not sure how, but it does come from pig sources like the Armour. The pill is actually a capsule, not a tablet.

Patty

Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 5:29 AM

HI Marie,

Patty

I interviewed Dr. Balch on my TV show. I don't think he knows much about silicone or heavy metals. He was a pioneer in alternative medicine in other areas. .

-----Original Message-----From: Bos@... [mailto:Bos@...]Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 9:42 PM Subject: Re: Anti-TPO AntibodiesI haven't been yet, but here are the three I would check on. . .I'd ask the first two if they do it. . . I'm hesitant about Guyer Dale Guyer, MD in Zionsville--prractices alternative Balch, MD in Greencastle (just east of Geist) He is a urologist I think, but heavily into alternative for years before now; his wife is Phyllis Balch--one sees their book used as a reference in healthfood stores. Urologists often deal with toxicology. Someone told me that the government scientists say the 24 hour urine test is the best for platinum. My own family doc here in Lafayette, does the 24 hour urine for a lot of things and I'll have to ask him about platinum. I know he sends the urine off for testing somewhere as it takes six weeks before one gets results. The gals on the silicone site who have tested, are detoxing or went before the FDA, went to/sent samples to Ernest Lykissa--he is/was with Baylor University in Houston, in pathology. His lab is called ExperTox and is at 1803 Center Street, Deer Park, TX phone 281-476-4600. Exper Tox can also do nutritional counseling. Check with Ernest insurance and cost--it might be worth it to get a nutritional evaluation--one that includes magnesium and sulfur. Let me know who you wind up with, OK? Bonnie