RemedySpot.com

For Daryl

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SAMe and MSM provide similar effect at slightly different parts of the detox pathway. MSM is much less expensive and safer because is you do not have certain B vitamins SAMe can increase levels of homocysteine which can lead to heart disease. .

-----Original Message-----From: Bos@... [mailto:Bos@...]Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 12:01 PM Subject: Re: For DarylI'm not sure what all it does. . .I know that it provides daily sulfur, which is essential to every living thing and gets overlooked in the US, much as magnesium does. I would think that if the body has everything it should have, it could put up a heck of a fight against inflammation--inflammation can be caused by so many things. . . My doc insists everyone should always take some as it seems to provide other benefits and they are different for different folks; I can't imagine that putting something in the body that it needs would have any detrimental lifetime effect. I communicated for years with a Roche researcher in Switzerland re sulfur, MSM, samE and Creatine and he sent literature that pointed out the benefits of all of them. . .no side effects were noted. And with MSM, the body seems to void through urine, any extra, just like Vitamin C. To answer your question, yes--now that I know what MSM is and does, I'll probably take it for life--right now it's staves off stiffness. BTW, I had Seasonal Affective Disorder for about five years with this silicone thing and winter/darkness/depression was a factor for me--the samE was what I found countered it and some of it's contents are the same. I tried the St. s Wort and 5HTP, but samE did the best--this can vary though, according to the person. My point is, that if MSM works for you--and if depression is a factor-- the samE will probably take care of it. Again, the manufacturer is important. It all depends on the primary cause of your problems and that cause, although it may produce similar effects, can differ. Drs Kolb and Mercola can give you much more input on that subject-- and we are still somewhat in the trial stage of this implant illness. MSM provides something that removes pain, usually felt moreso in joints but it does not rebuild damaged bones--there are additional sulfates for that. If you have to stay on thryoid hormone (and it doesn't look as if you will) it is said that osteoporosis is a risk factor--this is controversial and I don't know that it applies to natural thryoid hormone. On the other hand, this helps thryoid thyroid hormone--the whole thing is still a subject of study. Just watch your bones when you get older-- as I doubt this issue will be settled anytime soon--use your instincts. Bonnie

It is important for the women to understand that the protocols are individualized for the patient and there is much to understand about holistic medicine and biochemistry in order to do this safely. Or they can go to the health food store and ask the clerk. .

-----Original Message-----From: Bos@... [mailto:Bos@...]Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 12:01 PM Subject: Re: For DarylI'm not sure what all it does. . .I know that it provides daily sulfur, which is essential to every living thing and gets overlooked in the US, much as magnesium does. I would think that if the body has everything it should have, it could put up a heck of a fight against inflammation--inflammation can be caused by so many things. . . My doc insists everyone should always take some as it seems to provide other benefits and they are different for different folks; I can't imagine that putting something in the body that it needs would have any detrimental lifetime effect. I communicated for years with a Roche researcher in Switzerland re sulfur, MSM, samE and Creatine and he sent literature that pointed out the benefits of all of them. . .no side effects were noted. And with MSM, the body seems to void through urine, any extra, just like Vitamin C. To answer your question, yes--now that I know what MSM is and does, I'll probably take it for life--right now it's staves off stiffness. BTW, I had Seasonal Affective Disorder for about five years with this silicone thing and winter/darkness/depression was a factor for me--the samE was what I found countered it and some of it's contents are the same. I tried the St. s Wort and 5HTP, but samE did the best--this can vary though, according to the person. My point is, that if MSM works for you--and if depression is a factor-- the samE will probably take care of it. Again, the manufacturer is important. It all depends on the primary cause of your problems and that cause, although it may produce similar effects, can differ. Drs Kolb and Mercola can give you much more input on that subject-- and we are still somewhat in the trial stage of this implant illness. MSM provides something that removes pain, usually felt moreso in joints but it does not rebuild damaged bones--there are additional sulfates for that. If you have to stay on thryoid hormone (and it doesn't look as if you will) it is said that osteoporosis is a risk factor--this is controversial and I don't know that it applies to natural thryoid hormone. On the other hand, this helps thryoid thyroid hormone--the whole thing is still a subject of study. Just watch your bones when you get older-- as I doubt this issue will be settled anytime soon--use your instincts. Bonnie

I take MSM daily--I only took SAMe during a three-month

period in the winter for five years--not last winter, and hopefully

not this winter. I didn't know until I saw Dr. Kolb's post

that SAMe can raise the homocysteine level--fortunately,

I was taking Folate and B6--it's a reminder for me to start

taking it again. ( I am much older than you are , and

I had circulatory changes during silicone illness which affected

my heart; while they have seemingly returned to normal, I have

no idea if damaged ocurred during that time) You might ask

Dr. Kolb about the SAMe if you feel the need to take it for

depression. If this is a problem, why not see if the MSM

works and whether it's changes make a difference in your

outlook?

Bonnie

I will stick with the MSM, Bonnie. I don't realy have alot of pain, or depression. Just EXTREME stiffness in the morning. But, I know my thyroid is getting better, not only by the blood counts, but my hair for the 1st time in over 2 years is oily, not bone dry!! So is my skin, and I have alot of energy. Brain fog still, but a little less, and hell its only been over a month. I am just glad to be alive, and feeling a little better every day. Your knowledge is always so appreciated!!!

It sounds as if you are recuping fast--that is wonderful.

Yes, my stiffness was worse in the a.m.(that figures) but

it also bothered me when I got up off the floor (once I

had the energy to get up and down)

The brain fog was the worst for me. . .

The thyroid is intriguing to me . . .especially since

patients are always told by endos who practice very

conventionally that they will be on hormones for life; I've

already run across two circumstances that prove what

I've always been told was wrong (not thyroid)

Bonnie

I agree the stiffness however and pain were the things that lasted the longest on me, the brain fog faded away quickly although I would get some relapses. Anyhow I think that it will keep get better, try to get into stretching and doing some physical activity, that should help you allot.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 11:23 AM

Subject: Re: For Daryl

It sounds as if you are recuping fast--that is wonderful. Yes, my stiffness was worse in the a.m.(that figures) but it also bothered me when I got up off the floor (once I had the energy to get up and down) The brain fog was the worst for me. . . The thyroid is intriguing to me . . .especially since patients are always told by endos who practice very conventionally that they will be on hormones for life; I've already run across two circumstances that prove what I've always been told was wrong (not thyroid) Bonnie

• 3 weeks later...

Right on e for helping Daryl, she needs a person who can help with details as she is so sick, I hope that things will work out for her with Dr Huang, we know that way she will be in good hands!

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 3:20 PM

Subject: For Daryl

Daryl,

It was very nice talking to you yesterday. I hope I was able to clear up some of the questions you have about this whole explant process. I know that it is just a ton of information and when you're not feeling well, it's hard to sort through it all and comprehend it.

I wanted to let you know that based on the information you gave me about your insurance company, I went online (since I had the very same insurance, I can get onto their preferred provider network listings) and Dr. Huang is a preferred provider as are all 3 facilities she works out of. These include Exempla St. Joe's Hospital, P/SL Medical Center, and Midtown Surgical Center. So, if your insurance approves the surgery, you're set, as everything I just listed is considered in network.

I had my surgery done at Midtown Surgical Center, which I think Dr. Huang prefers, and her second choice is St. Joe's. But Midtown was very nice, organized, the staff were wonderful, and overall, I just had a great experience. Not to mention they followed my instructions to a "t" regarding returning my implants to me in the manner I had instructed them to.

So, I hope this alleviates your worry about Dr. Huang not being in network. However, if you get the surgery precerted (which you will need to do) also confirm with someone in customer svc/national accts and DOCUMENT everything. Also, I STRONGLY recommend that you review your SPD (Summary Plan Description) to ensure that this surgery is covered, and/or there are no special provisions excluding this type of surgery. Just because they precert/preauth a surgery does not guarantee payment of benefits.

This insurance company is the company I am currently suing for their unethical dealings. It's a long story, but I have filed a complaint with the Dept of Labor, and they are investigating.. This insurance company precerted/preauth'd both my bone marrow bx and neck surgery, and now are refusing to pay all bills. Thankfully, I have everything documented (names, extensions, dates, times) so when this goes to court, I have my facts in place. So, be sure to review your SPD thoroughly.

That said, there are different plans under this company, and your plan may provide better coverage than mine did. But just get everything in writing, double check/verify with a phone call, and definately, definately get first names and first letter of last name, extension, date, time, and what you discussed.

But at least you can rest assurred that Dr. Huang and her facilities are in network, so you'll get the best coverage that your plan offers.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

e

Daryl I will be praying for things to work out for you!

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 8:45 PM

Thank you so much for being so kind! I hope that it works out for me and Dr. Huang, I would be thrilled to get thses out before the holidays but hopefully feel a little better.

I wish that my husband would be a pretend peeping Tom outside of our house to give me a little ego boost! Just kidding, it must have been scary.

I'll call you tomorrow after I call the office-Love, Daryl

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 2:20 PM

Daryl,

It was very nice talking to you yesterday. I hope I was able to clear up some of the questions you have about this whole explant process. I know that it is just a ton of information and when you're not feeling well, it's hard to sort through it all and comprehend it.

I wanted to let you know that based on the information you gave me about your insurance company, I went online (since I had the very same insurance, I can get onto their preferred provider network listings) and Dr. Huang is a preferred provider as are all 3 facilities she works out of. These include Exempla St. Joe's Hospital, P/SL Medical Center, and Midtown Surgical Center. So, if your insurance approves the surgery, you're set, as everything I just listed is considered in network.

I had my surgery done at Midtown Surgical Center, which I think Dr. Huang prefers, and her secon d choice is St. Joe's. But Midtown was very nice, organized, the staff were wonderful, and overall, I just had a great experience. Not to mention they followed my instructions to a "t" regarding returning my implants to me in the manner I had instructed them to.

So, I hope this alleviates your worry about Dr. Huang not being in network. However, if you get the surgery precerted (which you will need to do) also confirm with someone in customer svc/national accts and DOCUMENT everything. Also, I STRONGLY recommend that you review your SPD (Summary Plan Description) to ensure that this surgery is covered, and/or there are no special provisions excluding this type of surgery. Just because they precert/preauth a surgery does not guarantee payment of benefits.

This insurance company is the company I am currently suing for their unethical dealings. It's a long story, but I have fil ed a complaint with the Dept of Labor, and they are investigating. This insurance company precerted/preauth'd both my bone marrow bx and neck surgery, and now are refusing to pay all bills. Thankfully, I have everything documented (names, extensions, dates, times) so when this goes to court, I have my facts in place. So, be sure to review your SPD thoroughly.

That said, there are different plans under this company, and your plan may provide better coverage than mine did. But just get everything in writing, double check/verify with a phone call, and definately, definately get first names and first letter of last name, extension, date, time, and what you discussed.

But at least you can rest assurred that Dr. Huang and her facilities are in network, so you'll get the best coverage that your plan offers.

e

Hey that would be great if we could all be there, esp while Daryl goes through her explant!

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 9:51 PM

Daryl,

Theresa is the one who makes the appts for Dr. Huang, and Lorraine is Dr. Huang's assistant. When you call her office, DON'T leave a message with Theresa. Ask to speak to Dr. Huang personally (which probably won't happen) or ask to speak to Lorraine. You need to tell them that you know me, and because you live out of state, you need Dr. Huang to work with you via email and/or phone until you get to Denver for the surgery (if you choose her). She has done this with many women from out of state, including a woman from Saudi Arabia. You might also want to email Dr. Huang just to give her the heads up that you have called and to be looking for your message. Dr. Huang's email is lindahuang@.... She is horrible about answering emails, but I called her on it with J when she didn't respond to J a few wks ago. Then Dr. Huang did call J on a Sun afternoon. I will email Dr. Huang and tell her that you will be contacting her. I'm actually waiting to hear from Dr. Huang myself because I am considering having a scar revision done on my sternal scar, and I want to talk to her about that.

Please let me know what happens. And don't be discouraged if she doesn't call you back or email you right away. But I will get on her case about it, as I did with J. If you need to arrange lodging, House is where you want to stay, and I'm pretty sure that Lorraine can provide you with the info.

I do hope it works out, esp since she is an in network provider! If it does work out, we will have to meet, and if it happens to be in Dec, then you can meet -Marie as well!

e

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 8:49 PM

Thank you so much for being so kind! I hope that it works out for me and Dr. Huang, I would be thrilled to get thses out before the holidays but hopefully feel a little better.

I wish that my husband would be a pretend peeping Tom outside of our house to give me a little ego boost! Just kidding, it must have been scary.

I'll call you tomorrow after I call the office-Love, Daryl

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 2:20 PM

Daryl,

I had my surgery done at Midtown Surgical Center, which I think Dr. Huang prefers, and her secon d choice is St. Joe's. But Midtown was very nice, organized, the staff were wonderful, and overall, I just had a great experience. Not to mention they followed my instructions to a "t" regarding returning my implants to me in the manner I had instructed them to.

This insurance company is the company I am currently suing for their unethical dealings. It's a long story, but I have fil ed a complaint with the Dept of Labor, and they are investigating. This insurance company precerted/preauth'd both my bone marrow bx and neck surgery, and now are refusing to pay all bills. Thankfully, I have everything documented (names, extensions, dates, times) so when this goes to court, I have my facts in place. So, be sure to review your SPD thoroughly.

e

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

hi there

I know how you feel - I nursed Logan for 9 months as my doctor also said it was fine - it is pretty scary after I saw the implants thinking about that! Logan had his first set of tubes @ 10 months as he had so many infections and they are talking about putting in another set. He is actually a pretty good kid but he has his teriible two moments. he will be three in June - when was Quinn born? I still work full time so he is in preschool although as of next week I am going to try to take off for disability. it is pretty scary but I know I have to do it - I have been so sick lately and the strees at working is slowly killing me at least that is how I feel. I alway feel so bad when I get home that I hardly cook dinner anymore and cleaning is such a chore - I save that for Saturday mornings so I am not too tired. I will have to remove Logan from preschool - maybe we can afford part time but without my income it will be very hard to make ends meet. we just bought a new house and have a lot of debt but my hubby says that he wants me to stay home and we will manage. hopefully I will be able to get disability for a while to help. my hubby has been very helpful and supportive although I know he is so tired of my complaining. i know that this is hard for him, too, and sometimes he talks about it. Lately he has been wonderful and helping alot with logan and the house. hope all is going good with you!!

love

shari

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

I think that is Iggy who lives in Phoenix - I am near Tampa, FL, but I would love to meet if you guys get down this way! Are you gonna be able to go to sun valley?

love shari

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Daryl

It is ok - I have just been very worried that you haven't called. I am glad you are getting away either way although your invitation is still open if you can come down. It may do little quinn some good to get away also!! Believe me, I totally understand money issues and between the two trips I think you made a good choice as you really need some time away without the little one. Logan may be a little bummed, though. lol - he was looking forward to having someone other than mommy to talk to all day!!I hope everything is going ok and you are feeling a little better

love shari