RemedySpot.com

my explant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, I'm back, had my surgery & lift, and it was a very long surgery (6 1/2hours) Poor Dr. Kolb! And mine were smooth, who would have guessed that? I am feeling ok, just wanted to let everyone know. Talk to you soon.

HI JULIE

I am so glad your ok! sending you gentle hugs!

Hey by the way my surgery was almost that long, it was 5 hours, man I am dying to know the details, when you are feeling up to it of course. I am curious what she found, what kind of lift you had etc etc.

Please rest now and get well and let us know when you can

HUGS

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 11:15 PM

Subject: my explant

, I'm back, had my surgery & lift, and it was a very long surgery (6 1/2hours) Poor Dr. Kolb! And mine were smooth, who would have guessed that? I am feeling ok, just wanted to let everyone know. Talk to you soon.

It is great to hear you are over the hardest part now and that you are home and doing well! We are all anxious to see your pics and pray for a speedy recovery.

Hugs,

Patty

Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 10:15 PM

Subject: my explant

It's my third day after surgery and I feel pretty good. I have to talk more with Dr. Kolb about some more specifics, but what I do know right now is that is was a very long surgery (61/2 hrs), she said because I had a infections, and a bad reaction to the implants. She said my body definitly didn't agree with the implants. I know from live cell ana I had alot of fungal overgrowth, but looking at the implants, they are pretty clear. I am wondering if the fungal was around them, and not inside them. I'm not sure, I want to talk to her first if I should send the implants off to Dr. Blais. I also had a lift, one she has never done before. I guess I was the perfect patient for it. She did it all through my first incisions, rather than around my nipple.No nipple scars! So the only scars I have are the first ones from under the breast crease where I had them implanted 7 years ago.I feel so lucky with that, I was realy worried about scarring on my nipples. I am sure Dr. Kolb won't mind filling everyone in on the type of the mastopexy, how it was done, and so on. So far, my husband & I are calling it the " Lift" because she said it has never even been documented before. I was her first patient for it. I took a look, and I think she said I am a B cup, and realy I think they are cute. I will ask her for copies of my picture before the sugery, and once I see Dr. Mercola for the drains on Thursday, I will have him take the after pics ,and send them to you. I feel realy relieved, and happy that I am back to my old self again. I am amazed about how only three days later, (I have tested positive for Rheumatiod arthritis) my hands & feet that used to be so stiff in the morning, they ached, are not even noticable in the morning. I can't believe the difference I am feeling in that already. Also, I saw a woman with obvious implants the other day, didn't know how I'd feel in that situation after surgery, and do you know what? I felt realy sad for her, sad for the inevitable, sad that she was also lied to , sad that she put her body through that for others peoples standards, and sad knowing that she will too become ill. I wouldn't even think about ever wanting them back in my body even for a second, I realy like the real me.

A B cup huh? Wow, wish I could have ended up that size, I was tiny from the get go, but that was ok, I just wanted to look normal. I do now so I am happy with it. I am glad your already feeling better, many women experience that immediate relief and I had hoped I would be one of them, but it just never went that way for me, I took along time to get better, years actually before I could honestly see the major improvements. I am glad for you and that your happy about your outcome, keep us posted and let us know how it is going for you

HUGS

Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 8:24 AM

Subject: Re: my explant

It's my third day after surgery and I feel pretty good. I have to talk more with Dr. Kolb about some more specifics, but what I do know right now is that is was a very long surgery (61/2 hrs), she said because I had a infections, and a bad reaction to the implants. She said my body definitly didn't agree with the implants. I know from live cell ana I had alot of fungal overgrowth, but looking at the implants, they are pretty clear. I am wondering if the fungal was around them, and not inside them. I'm not sure, I want to talk to her first if I should send the implants off to Dr. Blais. I also had a lift, one she has never done before. I guess I was the perfect patient for it. She did it all through my first incisions, rather than around my nipple.No nipple scars! So the only scars I have are the first ones from under the breast crease where I had them implanted 7 years ago.I feel so lucky with that, I was realy worried about scarring on my nipples. I am sure Dr. Kolb won't mind filling everyone in on the type of the mastopexy, how it was done, and so on. So far, my husband & I are calling it the " Lift" because she said it has never even been documented before. I was her first patient for it. I took a look, and I think she said I am a B cup, and realy I think they are cute. I will ask her for copies of my picture before the sugery, and once I see Dr. Mercola for the drains on Thursday, I will have him take the after pics ,and send them to you. I feel realy relieved, and happy that I am back to my old self again. I am amazed about how only three days later, (I have tested positive for Rheumatiod arthritis) my hands & feet that used to be so stiff in the morning, they ached, are not even noticable in the morning. I can't believe the difference I am feeling in that already. Also, I saw a woman with obvious implants the other day, didn't know how I'd feel in that situation after surgery, and do you know what? I felt realy sad for her, sad for the inevitable, sad that she was also lied to , sad that she put her body through that for others peoples standards, and sad knowing that she will too become ill. I wouldn't even think about ever wanting them back in my body even for a second, I realy like the real me.

, I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well. And it sounds like you are happy and relieved as well, which makes all the difference in the world. Take care and keep us updated! e ----- Original Message ----- From: JULIEJJPALANCA@... Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 7:24 AM Subject: Re: my explant It's my third day after surgery and I feel pretty good. I have to talk more with Dr. Kolb about some more specifics, but what I do know right now is that is was a very long surgery (61/2 hrs), she said because I had a infections, and a bad reaction to the implants. She said my body definitly didn't agree with the implants. I know from live cell ana I had alot of fungal overgrowth, but looking at the implants, they are pretty clear. I am wondering if the fungal was around them, and not inside them. I'm not sure, I want to talk to her first if I should send the implants off to Dr. Blais. I also had a lift, one she has never done before. I guess I was the perfect patient for it. She did it all through my first incisions, rather than around my nipple.No nipple scars! So the only scars I have are the first ones from under the breast crease where I had them implanted 7 years ago.I feel so lucky with that, I was realy worried about scarring on my nipples. I am sure Dr. Kolb won't mind filling everyone in on the type of the mastopexy, how it was done, and so on. So far, my husband & I are calling it the " Lift" because she said it has never even been documented before. I was her first patient for it. I took a look, and I think she said I am a B cup, and realy I think they are cute. I will ask her for copies of my picture before the sugery, and once I see Dr. Mercola for the drains on Thursday, I will have him take the after pics ,and send them to you. I feel realy relieved, and happy that I am back to my old self again. I am amazed about how only three days later, (I have tested positive for Rheumatiod arthritis) my hands & feet that used to be so stiff in the morning, they ached, are not even noticable in the morning. I can't believe the difference I am feeling in that already. Also, I saw a woman with obvious implants the other day, didn't know how I'd feel in that situation after surgery, and do you know what? I felt realy sad for her, sad for the inevitable, sad that she was also lied to , sad that she put her body through that for others peoples standards, and sad knowing that she will too become ill. I wouldn't even think about ever wanting them back in my body even for a second, I realy like the real me.

Wow, you are a brave woman, going for a surgery that has never been documented before !

We are all excited to see your results, so when you feel up to it, please share with us how this surgery came out. It would be great to not have any further scars. And I am so pleased you are content to be back to the real YOU!

I hope you can overcome some of these health issues. I really believe this rheumatoid arthritis can be so controlled as to go into complete remission, so have faith, and keep up with your detoxing--you sound like a very dedicated person.

Take care,

Patty

Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 7:24 AM

It's my third day after surgery and I feel pretty good. I have to talk more with Dr. Kolb about some more specifics, but what I do know right now is that is was a very long surgery (61/2 hrs), she said because I had a infections, and a bad reaction to the implants. She said my body definitly didn't agree with the implants. I know from live cell ana I had alot of fungal overgrowth, but looking at the implants, they are pretty clear. I am wondering if the fungal was around them, and not inside them. I'm not sure, I want to talk to her first if I should send the implants off to Dr. Blais. I also had a lift, one she has never done before. I guess I was the perfect patient for it. She did it all through my first incisions, rather than around my nipple.No nipple scars! So the only scars I have are the first ones from under the breast crease where I had them implanted 7 years ago.I feel so lucky with that, I was realy worried about scarring on my nipples. I am sure Dr. Kolb won't mind filling everyone in on the type of the mastopexy, how it was done, and so on. So far, my husband & I are calling it the " Lift" because she said it has never even been documented before. I was her first patient for it. I took a look, and I think she said I am a B cup, and realy I think they are cute. I will ask her for copies of my picture before the sugery, and once I see Dr. Mercola for the drains on Thursday, I will have him take the after pics ,and send them to you. I feel realy relieved, and happy that I am back to my old self again. I am amazed about how only three days later, (I have tested positive for Rheumatiod arthritis) my hands & feet that used to be so stiff in the morning, they ached, are not even noticable in the morning. I can't believe the difference I am feeling in that already. Also, I saw a woman with obvious implants the other day, didn't know how I'd feel in that situation after surgery, and do you know what? I felt realy sad for her, sad for the inevitable, sad that she was also lied to , sad that she put her body through that for others peoples standards, and sad knowing that she will too become ill. I wouldn't even think about ever wanting them back in my b ody even for a second, I realy like the real me.

Patty, Thanks for all your kind encourgment. I still can't believe how fast, the next day, my stiffness was gone. I truely believe it was from following Dr. Kolbs protocol, getting them out ,and also being treated with fungal meds. (I spoke with Dr. Kolb today, and heard what a mess my insides were. My capsules were pretty grossly infected. )I seriously mean, the stiffness and swelling in my hands & feet that was so bad for over 11 months, I could not wear my wedding rings to sleep as I'd swell so bad in the morning, has been gone since I woke up the following day after surgery! I even thought maybe it's cause I'm on pain meds, and I am not feeling the full effects. So I have been off them for the last two days, and I'm stiff free! I still have the hashimto's problem to work on into my future, and still some brain fog (not as terrible but definitly still there) But hey, one step at a time. Dr. Kolb did a wonderful job, I couldn't be more pleased. I will send pictures after I get the drains out Thursday. I didn't even know about this type of lift Dr. Kolb did, until I woke up honestly. But she knew beforehand, my concerns about needing a lift, but also scared about my nipples healing properly(the scarring scared the hell out of me) So, I realy paid for a lift up front, and told her whatever she felt I needed to have to do, lift or no lift. I was very excited to hear that she was pleased with this new lift that she had done. And looking at them the next day, I was pleased to. They defintly aren't big anymore, but they are simply, softly mine. I can't thank you and all the girls enough for leading me to her, and all the help, mounds of info and resources.

I am very curious about how your nipples look without the nipple reduction because I know for me, part of the lift process was to make my nipples smaller, they were really stretched out from the implants. Now they are perfect just a tad bigger than a quarter, I can barely see the scars anyhow. I don't know that the kind of lift you had would have worked on me anyhow I was so saggy but also my nips were stretched way too big. Anyhow I am curious to see the pics to see how it all came out.

I am glad your feeling better. I hope that you remain pain free that would be awesome.

hugs

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 12:02 AM

Patty, Thanks for all your kind encourgment. I still can't believe how fast, the next day, my stiffness was gone. I truely believe it was from following Dr. Kolbs protocol, getting them out ,and also being treated with fungal meds. (I spoke with Dr. Kolb today, and heard what a mess my insides were. My capsules were pretty grossly infected. )I seriously mean, the stiffness and swelling in my hands & feet that was so bad for over 11 months, I could not wear my wedding rings to sleep as I'd swell so bad in the morning, has been gone since I woke up the following day after surgery! I even thought maybe it's cause I'm on pain meds, and I am not feeling the full effects. So I have been off them for the last two days, and I'm stiff free! I still have the hashimto's problem to work on into my future, and still some brain fog (not as terrible but definitly still there) But hey, one step at a time. Dr. Kolb did a wonderful job, I couldn't be more pleased. I will send pictures after I get the drains out Thursday. I didn't even know about this type of lift Dr. Kolb did, until I woke up honestly. But she knew beforehand, my concerns about needing a lift, but also scared about my nipples healing properly(the scarring scared the hell out of me) So, I realy paid for a lift up front, and told her whatever she felt I needed to have to do, lift or no lift. I was very excited to hear that she was pleased with this new lift that she had done. And looking at them the next day, I was pleased to. They defintly aren't big anymore, but they are simply, softly mine. I can't thank you and all the girls enough for leading me to her, and all the help, mounds of info and resources.

This is great news, ! I am really, really thrilled to hear you are feeling so good, and are so happy with the choices you've made. These are the moments when it makes everything we do all worthwhile--knowing that we can help each other through this difficult ordeal, rise above the circumstance and come out feeling better for it. I wish you continued healing, and thanks again so much for sharing with us.

Gentle hugs,

Patty

Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 11:02 PM

What kind of infection did you have going on in your body do you know? I am curious because you said that your implants were very infected, did you find out with what ? Was it visible to the eye?

I am so happy for you that you are feeling better and congrats on the explant, I know how much of a relief it is to be done with it !

Hugs

C

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 12:02 AM

, I thought that too, that maybe the nips would look too big.But, realy they look like they match the size, they actually don't look so stretched out now. But I am wondering if because I had only went from a 34b to a 34d (300cc) in the beginning and I never got too stretched to begin with. Dr. Kolb did say Ii was a good patient for this type of lift, so maybe alot of women that got really stretched out, or had bigger implants wouldn't be able to have this type of lift, and needed the nipple lift. I still am having some pain in my breasts from the surgery, I am off pain meds now (they were making me so dizzy) but it is getting better. However, the arthritis thing being gone since explant still shocks me how it was so suuddenly gone. Also, , whom would I send the pictured to , once I have the after ones taken?

, Dr. Kolb said that although the implants look clear (for now as I have to send them off for testing) it seemed I was having a very bad reaction to the implants by how my capsules looked around them . I knew beforehand that I had alot of fungas from Dr. Mercola Live Cell test on my blood about a month before explant, and it seems that the capsules may have been harboring the fungal infection around them.

Dr, Kolb said that they were a mess, really gross, obviously infected in her opinion. She even had to scrape my left ribs, as I had a nasty infected capsule(s) down there also. I found that out, because I kept complaining of left breast side pain. I asked her though did the fungal come from inside the implants, or from me around them, and she said she realy cant tell how it started. But that the capsules were very nasty, thats why the surgery took so long, she made sure to get it all out. I am on fungal meds (from Dr. Kolb) for 1 month, so I am guessing that I still have some of the infection left until I'm off. You know I read from Dr. Mercola's site that treatment for Rheumatiod Arthritis is based on the book,"the Road Back" that people with RA usually test positive for fungal or bacterial infections, and once you treat the patient with meds and a correct diet low in starches & sugar (sometimes up to a year on this protocal) the Ra goes away. That the synovial joints actually had inflammation from bacteria/fungal infection. That also goes with Dr. Kolb's fungal treatment, and what my Ra seems to be gone now. It's interesting, though. Gross, too

Well I am happy that it worked out for you. Yes we are all different and when it comes to lifts I think it really depends allot upon the condition of your breasts before the implants. For me my breasts were very saggy before implants, what I should have done was to get a lift but I was told by my ps that if I got implants they would fill things out, well they did, but they still were not great. I only had 360cc implants overfilled to 390 cc so they were nothing like the ones I hear ladies getting today. I was a saggy B then with implants a full C, and now I am a barely there A cup. If I had my pre baby breasts I would never have gotten implants. I liked my small breasts, I never had boob envy till mine got saggy then I became so obsessed. Anyhow it is amazing that all your symptoms are gone that fast, really great. I know that for me it took awhile, at first though I did feel relief in some ways, maybe more psychological than physical but after months the pain issues and the dizziness went away. I do find though that if I get sick I get a little relapse of sorts. Anyhow I am doing good these days my only problem is like I keep whining about, my plantar fascitis. I am convinced this is more of a mechanical injury than it is related to implants. I have abused myself with high heels and running for years, this seems to cause this condition. I got my custom orthotics and hope over the next few weeks to be done with this or at least get better, but all my stiffness in my toes and hands and back did go away, that was def implant related cause I had the high ana too.

You are an inspiration to us all. Oh and the pics you can send to me or to Patty and we can post them for you. Both of us have access to that part of the site, so either way is fine. My address is Idagirl@... if you didn't know. You can send them to me and I will post them however you would like me too. Let me know.

I am glad that your surgery was a success. I am curious to know what exactly the procedure is so that maybe we can refer others to it that are concerned with scarring around the nipple. I think that I would have had to have my implants removed via nipple anyhow since that was how they were put in and I didn't have crease scars, so for the women with crease scars this type of lift would probably be really attractive.

hugs ! :)

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:20 AM

, I thought that too, that maybe the nips would look too big.But, realy they look like they match the size, they actually don't look so stretched out now. But I am wondering if because I had only went from a 34b to a 34d (300cc) in the beginning and I never got too stretched to begin with. Dr. Kolb did say Ii was a good patient for this type of lift, so maybe alot of women that got really stretched out, or had bigger implants wouldn't be able to have this type of lift, and needed the nipple lift. I still am having some pain in my breasts from the surgery, I am off pain meds now (they were making me so dizzy) but it is getting better. However, the arthritis thing being gone since explant still shocks me how it was so suuddenly gone. Also, , whom would I send the pictured to , once I have the after ones taken?

Ya know Feng told me the same things, but not that it looked infected she just said that I had obviously been having an inflammatory reaction to them, she told me that right after surgery. She also had to scrape my ribs too. If only people realized that not just the gel can cause this. Really we need to educate women out there. The thing that frustrates me is that there are so many that just don't want to hear it.

hugs

C

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:35 AM

, Dr. Kolb said that although the implants look clear (for now as I have to send them off for testing) it seemed I was having a very bad reaction to the implants by how my capsules looked around them . I knew beforehand that I had alot of fungas from Dr. Mercola Live Cell test on my blood about a month before explant, and it seems that the capsules may have been harboring the fungal infection around them. Dr, Kolb said that they were a mess, really gross, obviously infected in her opinion. She even had to scrape my left ribs, as I had a nasty infected capsule(s) down there also. I found that out, because I kept complaining of left breast side pain. I asked her though did the fungal come from inside the implants, or from me around them, and she said she realy cant tell how it started. But that the capsules were very nasty, thats why the surgery took so long, she made sure to get it all out. I am on fungal meds (from Dr. Kolb) for 1 month, so I am guessing that I still have some of the infection left until I'm off. You know I read from Dr. Mercola's site that treatment for Rheumatiod Arthritis is based on the book,"the Road Back" that people with RA usually test positive for fungal or bacterial infections, and once you treat the patient with meds and a correct diet low in starches & sugar (sometimes up to a year on this protocal) the Ra goes away. That the synovial joints actually had inflammation from bacteria/fungal infection. That also goes with Dr. Kolb's fungal treatment, and what my Ra seems to be gone now. It's interesting, though. Gross, too

Yes really sore for a few months if you can believe it!

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:53 AM

, were you realy sore on the side you had your ribs scraped too?Let me know

• 1 month later...

I finally got an appt. with Dr. Huang in Denver in Dec. and have been so excited about it. My Ins. was approved and Marie and e will be there with me. Sounds great right???

Well, I'm a flight attendant for National Airlines here in Las Vegas. Without any warning we went out of business 3 days ago. Now I have no Ins. at all. My husband called the P.S. office and they said it would be $8000.00 for explant and lift. If we can borrow money from family or credit cards I can still have the surgery. I am kicking myself that I didn't have the implants out a few weeks ago!

Anyway, now I'm desperate for advice on how to try to keep the cost down or if anyone knows a dr. just as good as her who is more reasonable. Is $8000 the going rate? Do they give us a break if we don't have Ins.? I would think so.

I'm really down about losing my job and my health Ins. Am I going to be able to get new Ins. with all my health problems? Any advice would be great!

Love, Daryl

LM

Daryl, $8,000 for both a lift and explant is very reasonable. And from a well known doctor, that all the girls say here is a good one, I'd say good luck to you. And also, to have e and Marie is also wonderful, you'll need it for support. God Bless,

Daryl:

Hi. You need to talk with Lorriane because that is the "cosmetic" rate--not medical. Huang will work with patients who are ill. If for some reason they don't give you the medical rate, There's always my PS who's more than qualified. I do think Huang will work out though.

LM

Martha:

I'm not embarrassed to say "I don't know" that's why I told Daryl to contact an attorney who DOES know these laws--I freely admit that I don't.

Thanks for the advice. If it turns out Daryl is covered for Nov. what good will that do for her in December. Huang's not available until then?

Take care,

LM

Martha:

How insulting and condescending of you (if that was your intention).Darly is not full of pity, she's trying to find out information. Go throw yourself a pity party because we're too busy trying to get an explant date and finding out information.

LM

She will be eligible to continue coverage under Cobra, although she will have to pay her own premiums ..... that's much less than having to pay the sugical bill. Furthermore, due to her breast implants, she will not be able to get other insurance, unless she eventually goes to work for another Large Employer, where the enrollment forms do not ask any medical questions.

Blessings,

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant Foundation | Dallas Headquarters"Supporting Survivors of Medical Implant Devices"4416 Willow LaneDallas, TX 75244-7537

Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 11:17 AM

Subject: Re: Fw: My Explant

Martha:I'm not embarrassed to say "I don't know" that's why I told Daryl to contact an attorney who DOES know these laws--I freely admit that I don't.Thanks for the advice. If it turns out Daryl is covered for Nov. what good will that do for her in December. Huang's not available until then?Take care,LM

Daryl, I left you a message tonight, but you were out. Your insr company needs to provide you with your rights to continue insr with COBRA. Regardless of the fact that they went backrupt, they have a legal obligation to notify you that your coverage ended, how to continue coverage through COBRA, and who to send your monthly premiums to. When you get my message, call me or email me if you have further questions. I think I pretty much explained the cost issues with self pay vs. insurance. If you still decide to go with Huang, LM and I will be here for you! Talk to you soon! e ----- Original Message ----- From: Daryl Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 4:15 AM Subject: Re: My Explant I finally got an appt. with Dr. Huang in Denver in Dec. and have been so excited about it. My Ins. was approved and Marie and e will be there with me. Sounds great right??? Well, I'm a flight attendant for National Airlines here in Las Vegas. Without any warning we went out of business 3 days ago. Now I have no Ins. at all. My husband called the P.S. office and they said it would be $8000.00 for explant and lift. If we can borrow money from family or credit cards I can still have the surgery. I am kicking myself that I didn't have the implants out a few weeks ago! Anyway, now I'm desperate for advice on how to try to keep the cost down or if anyone knows a dr. just as good as her who is more reasonable. Is $8000 the going rate? Do they give us a break if we don't have Ins.? I would think so. I'm really down about losing my job and my health Ins. Am I going to be able to get new Ins. with all my health problems? Any advice would be great! Love, Daryl LM