RemedySpot.com

Re: For Crystal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you so much for writing me. I'm a vegetarian-is the yeast free diet very complicated? I've got terrible brain fog and the Yeast Connection book said that the diet is very hard to follow but necessary-how did you do with that? I can't even prepare regular meals now because of the pain. My # is 702-361-6442 -please call me or E-mail-Thanks so much! Daryl

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 8:24 PM

Subject: For Daryl

Hi Daryl,I just wanted to shed some light on the yeast controversy. I was explanted 2 months ago by Dr. Kolb. I followed her silicone immune protocol for two months prior to explantation and also followed a yeast free diet including taking antifungal drugs. I am positive I had a systemic yeast problem as I felt IMMEDIATE relief from most of my symptoms after removal of my implants. I took antifungals for an additional month and when I stopped them, Guess what? My symptoms returned and I am now finishing up another round of Nystatin and my symptoms have once again abated. A lot of women get very sick following explantation because of the yeast. Dr. Kolb gets tons of calls from women wanting her help because they used Docs who had no aftercare program and weren't getting any better.You mentioned answering questions regarding candidiasis and I found the book THE YEAST CONNECTION very helpful. It also has a questionnaire about symptoms and I personally had almost every one of them.As for choosing a doctor for explantation, there are plenty of reputable PS out there. I personally chose Dr. Kolb because I live here in Atlanta and I like a holistic approach. I am very pleased with my outcome. I did not have a lift. I think too much emhasis is put on the aesthetic results here. I realize most of us got implants out of vanity, insecurities, etc. but this is your health at stake and priority #1 is to get those things out and to restore your health. Obviously you would want the best physical outcome with the least scars, but your health being restored should be the first thing you question a good Dr. about because who cares if you have scars when your quality of life becomes so diminished you can barely function. There are alot of women who have "beatiful" scars but are still very ill because the outward appearance was still their main concern.I hope you find the Dr. that is best suited for you. I know many women who are happy who didn't use Dr. Feng. While she is an excellent Dr., she is not the only expert out there. She has no aftercare program whatsoever and she requires a $1500 deposit that is non-refundable if you choose not to use her for surgery. I am in no way promoting Dr. Kolb. I was fortunate enough to be right near her but I would have travelled as far as necessary.I wish you all the best and am here if you need me.Warmest Regards,Crystal

Daryl

I had terrible brain fog too and it is gone completely now, I never had to do much more than a couple of weeks on the yeast free diet. My advise is to get the implants out, it worked for me honey I am totally healed and not having to take yeast meds to stay that way, I have NO BRAIN FOG anymore.

If you want to chat you can call me at 208-522-1137 call tomorrow as I am working 12 hours today.

I can promise you that I got compeltely better with no yeast drugs of anykind all natural. I eat whatever I want now.

Be careful on what you spend your hard earned money on when it comes to supplements, they never helped me at all. Usually they made things worse. If I didn't get rid of the implants I am sure I would still be ill.

Trust me girl you need to get the implants out first, that is as simple as it is you will get better !It just takes a little time.

HUgs

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 2:52 AM

Subject: Re: For Crystal

Thank you so much for writing me. I'm a vegetarian-is the yeast free diet very complicated? I've got terrible brain fog and the Yeast Connection book said that the diet is very hard to follow but necessary-how did you do with that? I can't even prepare regular meals now because of the pain. My # is 702-361-6442 -please call me or E-mail-Thanks so much! Daryl

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 8:24 PM

Subject: For Daryl

Hi Daryl,I just wanted to shed some light on the yeast controversy. I was explanted 2 months ago by Dr. Kolb. I followed her silicone immune protocol for two months prior to explantation and also followed a yeast free diet including taking antifungal drugs. I am positive I had a systemic yeast problem as I felt IMMEDIATE relief from most of my symptoms after removal of my implants. I took antifungals for an additional month and when I stopped them, Guess what? My symptoms returned and I am now finishing up another round of Nystatin and my symptoms have once again abated. A lot of women get very sick following explantation because of the yeast. Dr. Kolb gets tons of calls from women wanting her help because they used Docs who had no aftercare program and weren't getting any better.You mentioned answering questions regarding candidiasis and I found the book THE YEAST CONNECTION very helpful. It also has a questionnaire about symptoms and I personally had almost every one of them.As for choosing a doctor for explantation, there are plenty of reputable PS out there. I personally chose Dr. Kolb because I live here in Atlanta and I like a holistic approach. I am very pleased with my outcome. I did not have a lift. I think too much emhasis is put on the aesthetic results here. I realize most of us got implants out of vanity, insecurities, etc. but this is your health at stake and priority #1 is to get those things out and to restore your health. Obviously you would want the best physical outcome with the least scars, but your health being restored should be the first thing you question a good Dr. about because who cares if you have scars when your quality of life becomes so diminished you can barely function. There are alot of women who have "beatiful" scars but are still very ill because the outward appearance was still their main concern.I hope you find the Dr. that is best suited for you. I know many women who are happy who didn't use Dr. Feng. While she is an excellent Dr., she is not the only expert out there. She has no aftercare program whatsoever and she requires a $1500 deposit that is non-refundable if you choose not to use her for surgery. I am in no way promoting Dr. Kolb. I was fortunate enough to be right near her but I would have travelled as far as necessary.I wish you all the best and am here if you need me.Warmest Regards,Crystal

Thanks -Marie. So far I have never had anyone that I referred to Dr Feng that was unhappy with the results of her surgery. so that makes me feel good. I also feel it is important to have photos and lots of references on a PS if possible, there is nothing like word of mouth.

Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 3:15 PM

Subject: Re: For Crystal

Hi Crystal:Just wanted to let you know that Daryl does not feel "inundated" (negatively) with information, but rather armed with education about explant/lifts/health.I have spoken to Daryl and trust me, she's an articulate intelligent woman capable of deciphering through important info to arrive at a decision best suited for HER needs.I wish I had know or someone like her to inundate me with helpful information before I made an irreversible decision that has impacted my life so greatly. Education is freedom, lack thereof comes with a price......Take care,-Marie

• 2 years later...

Hi Crystal,

I've been on MTX (a rather low dose of 7.5mg a week) and YES, I have the same

exact problems you are mentioning. I always tired (more than I used to be) and

the day or sometimes the second day after, I am extremely tired ~ for some

reason it varies with severity and timing. Anyway, I found myself waking up at

least 10-15 times per night ~ so I never got a full night's sleep. The mtx also

gives me headaches... I originally began mine with Remicade, but have since

been able to stop those treatments.

All this said, I am willing to put up with it to have the relief ~ and before I

began the medications, I was so tired all the time anyway, and unable to walk or

drive, this is much better.

I have found that acupuncture GREATLY helps me sleep through the night and I do

have a little more energy ~ it's sort of like I can occassionaly get really

excited about something again...

I don't have any experience with the other drug, bextra...

I would suggest if you're not happy with your doc's, take the time if possible

to find a good one. Maybe someone on the list has some suggestions if they live

near you?!

Best Wishes,

(idaho)

Hm!! Acupuncture! That's something I didn't think about. It's not like it's

a drug that is going to react with what I'm taking now, darn, that's a great

idea. I'm all about eastern medical practices. Those people don't live for

so long without a reason behind it!

I think I'm on 20mg of Metho...I take 8 tiny pills once per week. I'm pretty

sure they are 2.5mg each. I'm living in Canada, and I'm not sure if anyone

else out there is from here. I find that most of these groups have people

from the states, maybe people in Canada don't get PA!! I actually got my P

from my fathers side of the Family, which is American LOL Things that make

you go HMMMM!

I think that the most important thing for me right now is just that I know

there are other people out there that I can talk to now, about this. I don't

know anyone else in person who has this disease, so I thought I would try to

find some support groups, and found you guys and gals. I also joined a

couple of other groups, but this one seems the most prolific, and

informative so far.

Thank you again, and I'll keep you updated :)

Crystal

>From: <kjreed0929@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: Re: [ ] for crystal

>Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:15:52 -0700 (PDT)

>

>

>Hi Crystal,

>

>I've been on MTX (a rather low dose of 7.5mg a week) and YES, I have the

>same exact problems you are mentioning. I always tired (more than I used

>to be) and the day or sometimes the second day after, I am extremely tired

>~ for some reason it varies with severity and timing. Anyway, I found

>myself waking up at least 10-15 times per night ~ so I never got a full

>night's sleep. The mtx also gives me headaches... I originally began mine

>with Remicade, but have since been able to stop those treatments.

>

>All this said, I am willing to put up with it to have the relief ~ and

>before I began the medications, I was so tired all the time anyway, and

>unable to walk or drive, this is much better.

>

>I have found that acupuncture GREATLY helps me sleep through the night and

>I do have a little more energy ~ it's sort of like I can occassionaly get

>really excited about something again...

>

>I don't have any experience with the other drug, bextra...

>

>I would suggest if you're not happy with your doc's, take the time if

>possible to find a good one. Maybe someone on the list has some

>suggestions if they live near you?!

>

>Best Wishes,

>

> (idaho)

>

>

>

>

Hi again...

Just a further update regardly lack of " quality sleep " ... When my PA is under

control for the most part ~ some minor swelling and pain (as it was for the past

3 years until a major bad flare this spring) where my foot, ankle and knee were

so inflamed there was no mobility and that's when the extreme tiredness began

for me. Until then, I didn't notice any sleep problems other than being one of

those unfortunate souls who needs 8 hours of sleep ~ but that is normal for me.

The MTX causes for me exactly what you are describing. I wake up every hour

give or take and never get into REM sleep. I can always fall right back asleep,

but I never, ever wake feeling refreshed. There are times when pain keeps me up

or wakes me up, but that is different ~ there is no pain or anxiety with this,

just the simply act of awaking ~ UNTIL I began the acupuncture.

And there you have it...

PS ~ where in Canada do you live? I travel often to Halifax, have an uncle who

lives in Newfoundland and live about 60 miles south of the border ~ near

Cranbrook...

Hi :)

thanks again for more info. I live in Vancouver, in BC, and in the late

spring, early summer of 2005, I'll be moving to Castlegar to go to college,

so I'll be pretty close to where you are! :)

I'm going to go see if I can find an accupuncturist, because I think that

might be a great plan for me :)

Thanks again :)

Crystal

>From: <kjreed0929@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: Re: [ ] for crystal

>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:39:04 -0700 (PDT)

>

>

>Hi again...

>

>Just a further update regardly lack of " quality sleep " ... When my PA is

>under control for the most part ~ some minor swelling and pain (as it was

>for the past 3 years until a major bad flare this spring) where my foot,

>ankle and knee were so inflamed there was no mobility and that's when the

>extreme tiredness began for me. Until then, I didn't notice any sleep

>problems other than being one of those unfortunate souls who needs 8 hours

>of sleep ~ but that is normal for me.

>