RemedySpot.com

to Patty

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Patty:

My scars are 9 and 8 3/4--we got screwed. At least your are smaller than mine thank goodness. There was no reason why I was not given a vertical lift other than my PS was too damn stupid to give me one. I have been examined by PS's at Hopkins, Dartmouth and Univ. of Utah, plus a few private practice guys. All of them with the exception of one (he was not highly regarded anyway) said to me that I should have been given a vertical lift and they were surprised I didn't get one. Additionally, they were all appalled by the staples used on my breast leaving railroad track marks. All of them stated that they would use inner stitching on me (no specific details). Do you have railroad track marks too? I'm sorry this happened to you.

LM

I am really sorry this happened to you, too -Marie. I don't have the railroad tracks, so it is not so bad, but I definitely would have preferred to have no crease scar at all! Understandably, I had the crease scar from implantation to begin with, but if I had had a vertical lift, this might have even disappeared! ( Is this possible, ?) Anyway, I did end up with these long, thick scars. I try not to let it drive me too crazy. Like I said before, I may pursue fixing this some day when I have the money to blow, but that seems years away, especially since my hubby doesn't care to spend the money and he is fine with me the way I am. Probably everybody is curious as heck by now what I look like, so I will try to post some pics of the anchor scars. -Marie, do you have pics you can share as well?

Patty

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 2:23 PM

Subject: Re: To Patty

Patty:My scars are 9 and 8 3/4--we got screwed. At least your are smaller than mine thank goodness. There was no reason why I was not given a vertical lift other than my PS was too damn stupid to give me one. I have been examined by PS's at Hopkins, Dartmouth and Univ. of Utah, plus a few private practice guys. All of them with the exception of one (he was not highly regarded anyway) said to me that I should have been given a vertical lift and they were surprised I didn't get one. Additionally, they were all appalled by the staples used on my breast leaving railroad track marks. All of them stated that they would use inner stitching on me (no specific details). Do you have railroad track marks too? I'm sorry this happened to you.LM

By the way, what is the doctors name that screwed you up so bad?

Patty

Patty:My scars are 9 and 8 3/4--we got screwed. At least your are smaller than mine thank goodness. There was no reason why I was not given a vertical lift other than my PS was too damn stupid to give me one. I have been examined by PS's at Hopkins, Dartmouth and Univ. of Utah, plus a few private practice guys. All of them with the exception of one (he was not highly regarded anyway) said to me that I should have been given a vertical lift and they were surprised I didn't get one. Additionally, they were all appalled by the staples used on my breast leaving railroad track marks. All of them stated that they would use inner stitching on me (no specific details). Do you have railroad track marks too? I'm sorry this happened to you.LM

The horizontal scar will not usually change with a vertical lift. If one needs horizontal shortening then use of this scar is wise. Insurance may cover this scar revision. .

-----Original Message-----From: ~*Patty*~ [mailto:fdp@...]Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 7:06 PM Subject: Re: To Patty

I am really sorry this happened to you, too -Marie. I don't have the railroad tracks, so it is not so bad, but I definitely would have preferred to have no crease scar at all! Understandably, I had the crease scar from implantation to begin with, but if I had had a vertical lift, this might have even disappeared! ( Is this possible, ?) Anyway, I did end up with these long, thick scars. I try not to let it drive me too crazy. Like I said before, I may pursue fixing this some day when I have the money to blow, but that seems years away, especially since my hubby doesn't care to spend the money and he is fine with me the way I am. Probably everybody is curious as heck by now what I look like, so I will try to post some pics of the anchor scars. -Marie, do you have pics you can share as well?

Patty

Yeah Patty post the pics, we would like to see!

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 5:05 PM

Patty

I'm happy for your easy recovery.I have 11 year old saline smooth

implants under the muscle.Were yours under also?(I hear that unders

have more post-op pain).What are your stats,if you don't mind,and how

long did you have drains?How long was your explant (did you lift as

well)?It's ironic that implanting is much quicker yet more painful

and explanting is a long surgery that's less painful.Is that right?If

you were sick,do you feel better now(besides psychologically)?Your

story and anyone else's would be quite helpful to me.Thank you much

and congrats on making it to the " other side " ,free at last!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Patty:

How was your trip? I hope all is well. I saw your pic on the site. You're very pretty. Before going on the site the other day, I only knew what looks like (very pretty too). It's nice to put a face to these e-mails.

Take care.

LM

Hi LM,

Thanks for asking, and for the compliment. My trip was nice--the wedding was great and we saw lots of family. It was cold! Glad I had my warm clothes. We hit the Cabela's store twice in two days--what a place! I didn't mind being there (my husband was in shopping heaven), the mounts were incredible.

I hope you are doing well too! I started on MSM today. I am hoping it will make a difference in my hair. I also started on a new multi-vitamin, Metagenics. Anything to get my hair thick again!

Patty

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 2:13 PM

Hi Patty:How was your trip? I hope all is well. I saw your pic on the site. You're very pretty. Before going on the site the other day, I only knew what looks like (very pretty too). It's nice to put a face to these e-mails.Take care.LM

Hi Marie,

Yes, I would like to have a list of the recommended blood tests.

Thanks!

Patty

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 9:47 PM

Patty:Hi. That's good news--the vitamins and all. But do see the endo to rule out other causes. If you like, I can give you a list of blood tests to have.Hugs,LM

Hi Patty:

Here's a list of the tests you need:

DHEA Sulphate,DHEA Direct,Cortisol, Prolactin, CBC, Free Testosterone, Total Testosterone, Complete Thyroid Panel, Serum Ferritin, B vitamin, FSH, LH, Estrodial, Androstenedione, SHBG, ANA, Progesterone (17OH), Total Iron Binding Capacity.

I hope this helps! Take care.

-Marie

Marie what are the normal values of all these do you know? I have had them all so I know I need to look at the values now!

thanks sweetie!

Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 3:27 AM

Hi Patty:Here's a list of the tests you need:DHEA Sulphate,DHEA Direct,Cortisol, Prolactin, CBC, Free Testosterone, Total Testosterone, Complete Thyroid Panel, Serum Ferritin, B vitamin, FSH, LH, Estrodial, Androstenedione, SHBG, ANA, Progesterone (17OH), Total Iron Binding Capacity.I hope this helps! Take care.-Marie

Thanks Marie,

Wow, that is alot of tests! I wonder if my endo will balk at this or not. Hmmm.

Anyway, how are things with you regarding your recent diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency? What kind of treatment are you undergoing?

Patty

Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 2:27 AM

Hi Patty:Here's a list of the tests you need:DHEA Sulphate,DHEA Direct,Cortisol, Prolactin, CBC, Free Testosterone, Total Testosterone, Complete Thyroid Panel, Serum Ferritin, B vitamin, FSH, LH, Estrodial, Androstenedione, SHBG, ANA, Progesterone (17OH), Total Iron Binding Capacity.I hope this helps! Take care.-Marie

Dear Patty:

Hi. My endo ran these tests, if he/she balks at this, you're in the wrong place!

Adrenal insufficiency--I'm going for follow-up to this doc next week to find out.

Hugs,

LM

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Thanks for your kindness yesterday--I sure did appreciate it. Patty it was nice to finally talk with you -- now I know what your voice sounds like.BTW, did you get my pictures?

Hugs,

-Marie