RemedySpot.com

Thyroid and osteoporosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am reading a great book called Thyroid Power by Shames MD, and just read something that shocked and surprised me.

He says that "It is a medical fact that untreated low thyroid is a cause of osteoporosis."

I wish I had known this before. I would have probably ran to a reputable doctors office to get tested right away rather than playing around trying to get the Armour thyroid on my own. I know thyroid testing is very difficult to interpret, and in fact this book discusses the fact that thyroid problems are becoming an epidemic but most doctors don't have a clue on how to treat it correctly. (He calls it the "tyranny of the test".) My delay in dealing with this thyroid issue for the past several years has probably contributed to my osteopenia diagnosis this spring. I just didn't take it seriously enough.

If you suspect thyroid problems, don't waste any time. Get this book, read it, and get thee to a good thyroid doctor.

Patty

• 7 years later...

Steph,

Does Thyroid disorders have any anything to do with Osteoporosis?

Coleen

Re: ASKING AGAIN... BACK TO IODINE/Steph

Someone set one up but I have no idea what they called it. I didn't really want it associated with this group because it is not something I wanted responsibility for.

Steph

ASKING AGAIN... BACK TO IODINE

iodine

Date: Friday, October 23, 2009, 5:49 AM

Common guys - this is not a milk, vit d or any other topic group.

Let's get back to Iodine. After a few days of being off line I am seeing very few iodine related posts.

Owner