where I need it most. My feelings are if my hair just slows down with

the falling out part, my hair would catch up and I would have hair

again. -- Something about that antibotic did something! It stopped my

hair loss somehow or it tried to, but failed after my course of

antibotics were gone.....Do I have bacteria on my implants thats

causing some strange auto-immune response to cause this sloughing off

of hair?

What do I do? I don't have the money any longer to have

another surgery to remove my implants to see if this improves.

I

swear, if I had the money - thats just what I would do! Who cares

about 'boobs' anymore anyways???...

Take care,

na :)

Hi.

I hear you about the hair loss problem, as I have it too. Have you seen a doc especially trained in alopecia for your hair loss? Implants can cause alopecia in some women as can the anesthesia and the stress of surgery in and of itself. Other causes can be at issue too, drugs, hormones, iron deficiency, stress, poor diet--autoimmune disease is a cause too. There are other types of hair loss than telogen effluvium--see your doc.

Take care,

-Marie

Fevers do cause telogen effluvium. Your case is most likely a multifactoral issue. Email me and I'll refer you to some good docs. Keep in mind that blood tests coming back in the "normal range" mean nothing when it comes to ferritin and hormones. The normal range is too vast--ratios within that normal range is what a skilled doc looks for. Normal in and of itself means NOTHING!

-Marie

Hi na,

Interesting about the antibiotic therapy making a difference....I wonder if you were treated with low dose antibiotics for a long period of time if it would be dangerous, or helpful? Kathy's recent reference to a website using this for autoimmune conditions was thought-provoking.

Dr. Kolb, what do you think about using low dose antibiotics for those with implant problems? It seems like this is one area of treatment that has some potential, but is rarely used with us. Have you seen any patients improve with this in your practice?

Regardless, na, I think Marie is right, it might be multifactorial with you and you might want to check out the nutrient levels in addition to the tests you have already had done.

Patty

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:51 PM

Subject: Hair Loss

I had breast aug. in August 2001. I have had hair loss ever since the sugery. Now, over a year later, I have visible hair loss. I hardly have any 'bangs' left at all! I have been to my physican several times, to a dematologist, my PS, and no one can give me any answers. My PS swears up and down that it is not my implants that there is another outside reason for this. To me, it seems pretty ironic that it only started after my BA surgery. I don't have any female pattern hair baldness in my family. All of my blood test have come back normal. Such as, thyroid, hormone levels, liver, CBC, iron count and I was even tested for lupus. All - normal. I was so hoping these tests would give me some answers. However, I have a theory that has just developed. While, I was in a few weeks ago getting some blood work information. I was running a fever of a 100.3 and I didn't even know it! They checked my urine and I had a bladder infection. They gave me Cipro for the infection. I noticed about day 5 of the medication while I was in the shower that I didn't have numerous hair running down the drain as I usually face everyday in the shower. I ran my fingers through my hair, this usually brings on more hair loss and - nothing - no hair in my fingers. I was estatic! I couldn't believe it. I have spend everyday for the past year or so seeing and watching my hair fall out and here I was, that day, nothing was coming out when it should have been!! For the next week, the same thing, no hair loss, well...I few hairs here and there, maybe a total of 10 or 20 during the entire hair shampooing, conditionings, styling process, etc - instead of the 100-150 I was used to seeing!! However, this only last about a week, then over another weeks time - I am back to the abundance of hair loss everyday again! I am now mortified. I cannot take this anymore. My part is growing wider and wider and with hardly no bangs at all - I can't even style my hair or cover this up anymore! I do have a lot of new hair coming in, especially around my temples and underneath my hair on the nape of my neck. But, no sign of anything in front where I need it most. My feelings are if my hair just slows down with the falling out part, my hair would catch up and I would have hair again. -- Something about that antibotic did something! It stopped my hair loss somehow or it tried to, but failed after my course of antibotics were gone.....Do I have bacteria on my implants thats causing some strange auto-immune response to cause this sloughing off of hair?What do I do? I don't have the money any longer to have another surgery to remove my implants to see if this improves. I swear, if I had the money - thats just what I would do! Who cares about 'boobs' anymore anyways???...Take care,na :)

I almost always treat with Cipro or a tetracyline pre and post op. For patients with symptoms or lab consistant with mycoplasma, I use the mycoplasma protocol with good results. Antifungal treatment is very important as is antiviral treatment. It is critical to support the immune system with agents specific for the defects caused by the silicone adjuvant disease. Many experts in holistic medicine helped me develop the protocol. .

-----Original Message-----From: ~*Patty*~ [mailto:fdp@...]Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 10:30 AM Subject: Re: Hair Loss

Hi na,

Interesting about the antibiotic therapy making a difference....I wonder if you were treated with low dose antibiotics for a long period of time if it would be dangerous, or helpful? Kathy's recent reference to a website using this for autoimmune conditions was thought-provoking.

Dr. Kolb, what do you think about using low dose antibiotics for those with implant problems? It seems like this is one area of treatment that has some potential, but is rarely used with us. Have you seen any patients improve with this in your practice?

Regardless, na, I think Marie is right, it might be multifactorial with you and you might want to check out the nutrient levels in addition to the tests you have already had done.

Patty

I had breast aug. in August 2001. I have had hair loss ever since the sugery. Now, over a year later, I have visible hair loss. I hardly have any 'bangs' left at all! I have been to my physican several times, to a dematologist, my PS, and no one can give me any answers. My PS swears up and down that it is not my implants that there is another outside reason for this. To me, it seems pretty ironic that it only started after my BA surgery. I don't have any female pattern hair baldness in my family. All of my blood test have come back normal. Such as, thyroid, hormone levels, liver, CBC, iron count and I was even tested for lupus. All - normal. I was so hoping these tests would give me some answers. However, I have a theory that has just developed. While, I was in a few weeks ago getting some blood work information. I was running a fever of a 100.3 and I didn't even know it! They checked my urine and I had a bladder infection. They gave me Cipro for the infection. I noticed about day 5 of the medication while I was in the shower that I didn't have numerous hair running down the drain as I usually face everyday in the shower. I ran my fingers through my hair, this usually brings on more hair loss and - nothing - no hair in my fingers. I was estatic! I couldn't believe it. I have spend everyday for the past year or so seeing and watching my hair fall out and here I was, that day, nothing was coming out when it should have been!! For the next week, the same thing, no hair loss, well...I few hairs here and there, maybe a total of 10 or 20 during the entire hair shampooing, conditionings, styling process, etc - instead of the 100-150 I was used to seeing!! However, this only last about a week, then over another weeks time - I am back to the abundance of hair loss everyday again! I am now mortified. I cannot take this anymore. My part is growing wider and wider and with hardly no bangs at all - I can't even style my hair or cover this up anymore! I do have a lot of new hair coming in, especially around my temples and underneath my hair on the nape of my neck. But, no sign of anything in front where I need it most. My feelings are if my hair just slows down with the falling out part, my hair would catch up and I would have hair again. -- Something about that antibotic did something! It stopped my hair loss somehow or it tried to, but failed after my course of antibotics were gone.....Do I have bacteria on my implants thats causing some strange auto-immune response to cause this sloughing off of hair?What do I do? I don't have the money any longer to have another surgery to remove my implants to see if this improves. I swear, if I had the money - thats just what I would do! Who cares about 'boobs' anymore anyways???...Take care,na :)

Thanks ,

Do you think, or have you experienced, if women are treated with these antibiotics or antifungals and antivirals before getting implants removed, they could actually get better AND still keep their implants?

Patty

Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 5:04 PM

Subject: RE: Hair Loss

I almost always treat with Cipro or a tetracyline pre and post op. For patients with symptoms or lab consistant with mycoplasma, I use the mycoplasma protocol with good results. Antifungal treatment is very important as is antiviral treatment. It is critical to support the immune system with agents specific for the defects caused by the silicone adjuvant disease. Many experts in holistic medicine helped me develop the protocol. .

-----Original Message-----From: ~*Patty*~ [mailto:fdp@...]Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 10:30 AM Subject: Re: Hair Loss

Hi na,

Patty

Tetracycline is the most disgusting sickening medication I have ever in my life taken, I took it along with flagyl for 14 of the most hellish days of my life. I also took cipro for awhile post explant.

If you have to take tetra be careful, it is really nauseating

Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 6:04 PM

Hi na,

Patty

Only if they have smooth saline implants and not in every case. .

-----Original Message-----From: ~*Patty*~ [mailto:fdp@...]Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 9:53 PM Subject: Re: Hair Loss

Thanks ,

Do you think, or have you experienced, if women are treated with these antibiotics or antifungals and antivirals before getting implants removed, they could actually get better AND still keep their implants?

Patty

Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 5:04 PM

Hi na,

Patty

e:

Do you know anything about laser for teeth. My local dentist who's doing my crown said that there are now advanced whitening done in the office with a laser and bleach. I had this done--but after I had already tried the home kit shit that was indeed very painful on my sensitive teeth.

LM

From what my dentist here has told me, any type of whitening is not good, including laser, because it too ruins the enamel. And if you are already having sensitivity, then I would imagine that having laser whitening done would make it worse. Why not try that toothpaste I wrote about? Also, my dentist said that using an electric toothbrush is also good, as they can remove more stains than regular brushes. He only recommends Sonicare toothbrushes with the power ramp up. Sonicare also has rebates, and they guarantee you will notice whiter teeth in 30 days, and if not, will refund your money. I've noticed a difference. I'd stay away from the whitening stuff. This dentist, and also a dentist I saw in Denver, said that the toothpastes with whiteners, mouthwash, and tartar control do much more harm then good. Both dentists told me to stay away from all those toothpastes, and if I was going to use a commercial toothpaste, just make sure it was a plain toothpaste with nothing added (plain Crest, plain Colgate, plain Aim, plain Aqua-Fresh, etc). e ----- Original Message ----- From: perlesetlacet@... Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 5:48 PM Subject: Re: Hair Loss e:Do you know anything about laser for teeth. My local dentist who's doing my crown said that there are now advanced whitening done in the office with a laser and bleach. I had this done--but after I had already tried the home kit shit that was indeed very painful on my sensitive teeth.LM

Actually, I was told to use Crest Sensitivity, and if that didn't work, then use Sensodyne. Neither one worked, and that is when both dentists said that the bleaching of my teeth had made my teeth permanently sensitive. Dentists can desensitize teeth, but it's expensive, and only temporary, and dental insr usually doesn't pay for it. I will just never be able to whiten my teeth again, unless I want to to worsen the sensitivity. But my teeth are pretty white anyway, so I'm not too worried e ----- Original Message ----- From: perlesetlacet@... Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 6:10 PM Subject: Re: Hair Loss e:Hi. Do you use Sensodyne? My dentist recommends it.Talk to you later.LM

Hiya e,

How about the colgate toothpaste with the baking soda? Do you think

it would be preferable to steer clear of that also?

Cheers,

Keli.

> From what my dentist here has told me, any type of whitening is not

good, including laser, because it too ruins the enamel. And if you

are already having sensitivity, then I would imagine that having

laser whitening done would make it worse. Why not try that

toothpaste I wrote about? Also, my dentist said that using an

electric toothbrush is also good, as they can remove more stains than

regular brushes. He only recommends Sonicare toothbrushes with the

power ramp up. Sonicare also has rebates, and they guarantee you

will notice whiter teeth in 30 days, and if not, will refund your

money. I've noticed a difference. I'd stay away from the whitening

stuff. This dentist, and also a dentist I saw in Denver, said that

the toothpastes with whiteners, mouthwash, and tartar control do much

more harm then good. Both dentists told me to stay away from all

those toothpastes, and if I was going to use a commercial toothpaste,

just make sure it was a plain toothpaste with nothing added (plain

Crest, plain Colgate, plain Aim, plain Aqua-Fresh, etc).

>

> e

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: perlesetlacet@a...

> Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 5:48 PM

> @y...

> Subject: Re: Hair Loss

>

> e:

> Do you know anything about laser for teeth. My local dentist who's

doing my crown said that there are now advanced whitening done in the

office with a laser and bleach. I had this done--but after I had

already tried the home kit shit that was indeed very painful on my

sensitive teeth.

> LM

>

I am a silicone breast implant survivor, and my dentist, Dr. C. Carris, has treated me for silicone-related Sjorgren's Syndrome, etc. He's very BI savvy! Under his care, I have had my teeth laser bleached and follow-up topical bleaching with a fitted mouth-piece. I have also had lamintes put on my front teeth by Dr. Carris, with his knowledge of my lupus and MS, and he was able to work with my doctors here in order to do these procedures. As anticipated, I did have a couple of mild lupus-type 'flares', however, these were anticipated and were kept to a 'mild level'! A few years prior, I also had to have my teeth de-sensified twice, and my dental insurance paid with no problems.

Hope this is helpful information.

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant Foundation | Dallas Headquarters"Supporting Survivors of Medical Implant Devices"4416 Willow LaneDallas, TX 75244-7537

Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 8:19 PM

Subject: Re: Hair Loss

Actually, I was told to use Crest Sensitivity, and if that didn't work, then use Sensodyne. Neither one worked, and that is when both dentists said that the bleaching of my teeth had made my teeth permanently sensitive. Dentists can desensitize teeth, but it's expensive, and only temporary, and dental insr usually doesn't pay for it. I will just never be able to whiten my teeth again, unless I want to to worsen the sensitivity. But my teeth are pretty white anyway, so I'm not too worried

e

Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 6:10 PM

SalineSu! pport

e:Hi. Do you use Sensodyne? My dentist recommends it.Talk to you later.LM

Keli, My dentist(s) said steer clear of all toothpastes that contain anything additional, which would include the toothpastes with baking soda. I don't think that these dentists mean that if you use them, you're teeth are going to rot and fall out, just that over time, this stuff makes your teeth very sensitive (which in itself can be very painful and troublesome), eat away at the enamel, and there basically is no need to have all this extra "stuff" in toothpaste. Both dentist(s) said DEFINATELY steer clear of the toothpastes which contain mouthwash, tartar control "fighters", and whiteners. They said to use the plain old toothpastes that we all used to use before all this other crap came out, or even better, the natural toothpastes. The dentist here in Tucson is one Patty recommended to me, so she can attest to how good and knowledgeable he is. Fluoride is the other issue. My dentist here said that he personally doesn't feel fluoride is necessary EXCEPT in children 10 and younger, and adults 50+. Interestingly enough, this toothpaste I bought the other day had an insert about fluoride, and their own public stance was very similar. This will be the first time I've tried a toothpaste without fluoride, and I'll be curious to see at my next dental appt whether I have cavities or not. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Keli Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 10:22 PM Subject: Re: Hair Loss Hiya e,How about the colgate toothpaste with the baking soda? Do you think it would be preferable to steer clear of that also? Cheers,Keli.> From what my dentist here has told me, any type of whitening is not good, including laser, because it too ruins the enamel. And if you are already having sensitivity, then I would imagine that having laser whitening done would make it worse. Why not try that toothpaste I wrote about? Also, my dentist said that using an electric toothbrush is also good, as they can remove more stains than regular brushes. He only recommends Sonicare toothbrushes with the power ramp up. Sonicare also has rebates, and they guarantee you will notice whiter teeth in 30 days, and if not, will refund your money. I've noticed a difference. I'd stay away from the whitening stuff. This dentist, and also a dentist I saw in Denver, said that the toothpastes with whiteners, mouthwash, and tartar control do much more harm then good. Both dentists told me to stay away from all those toothpastes, and if I was going to use a commercial toothpaste, just make sure it was a plain toothpaste with nothing added (plain Crest, plain Colgate, plain Aim, plain Aqua-Fresh, etc).> > e> > ----- Original Message -----> From: perlesetlacet@a...> Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 5:48 PM> @y...> Subject: Re: Hair Loss> > e:> Do you know anything about laser for teeth. My local dentist who's doing my crown said that there are now advanced whitening done in the office with a laser and bleach. I had this done--but after I had already tried the home kit shit that was indeed very painful on my sensitive teeth.> LM >

I just ordered some of this Sea Fresh off the net for $3.15 a 6 oz tube. Thanks for the recommendation, e!

Patty

Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 3:21 PM

I love white teeth, and when I was modeling (and even when I wasn't) I used to bleach my teeth. I had the impressions made of my teeth, and then placed the gel in the impressions and slept with them 2-3x/wk.

However, now my teeth are very sensitive to everything, and more than one dentist (including the one here in Tucson) has said that bleaching your teeth is more harmful to your teeth because it can cause severe sensitivity which eventually cannot be reversed. And it weakens the enamel of the teeth. Unfortunately, the only other option that I know of is veneers, and I wouldn't do that either.

Dr. Swidler here in Tucson told me of a toothpaste that he thinks whitens the teeth nicely and it's all natural. It's a product by , and it's called Sea Fresh. They have other brands, but it is all natural and can only be bought in a health food store. The one Dr. Swidl er recommended to me (Sea Fresh) contains calcium carbonate and bamboo powder, which are natural whitening polishers. In addition, this particular toothpaste has purified sea water, perilla seed extract (has bacteria busting benefits to neutralize bacteria and sugar acids), biologically active blue green algae from Klamath Lake, OR, sea salts, minerals, and trace elements from the Great Salt Lake in UT, and sea kelp from the Pacific Ocean (heals, detoxifies, and strengthens gums and teeth), sea parsley extract, aloe vera gel, natural essential oil of spearmint, and coconut oil. It contains no fluoride, but you can get it with fluoride if you wish. This particular brand also has 2 other types of toothpaste---one which contains ester of Vit C, and the other I can't remember. But they are totally natural, and Dr. Swidler said this particular brand is good for the teeth and for whitening them. He called it a "clean" product. And it is dentist approv ed, contains no alcohol, no fluoride (unless you opt for fluoride), no animal by products, and it's not tested on animals. And it was only $5. They also make mouthwashes.

e

• 3 weeks later...

You need to beg, borrow or steal and get them out. Trust your instincts. I

spent a year with wrong advice, misdiagnoses, etc. I have noticed hair loss

too. Get them out, whatever the cost. Get a credit card, sell your car, get

a loan, borrow from family. Your insurance may pay too, if you can get a

doctor to say there is contracture or something like that. Have you

researched the insurance issue? Go to Dr. Kolb in Atlanta, or any doc who

knows they make women sick and knows how to get insur approval. Please get

them out before you end up with much worse problems. Take charge!! Dont

accept anything less than getting them out, and now! You know what is going

on. Read the endless e-mails, check out the implant sites. You know, you

are just hesitating, and you cannot afford to anymore. You are already

symptomatic. Please do not wait until the problem becomes worse, as there is

no turnoing back. Many of the auto-immune problems have NO CURE!

DO NOT GO TO A DOC WHO WONT ADMIT IMPLANTS MAKE WOMEN SICK. They will not do

what needs to be done, and wont have any aftercare program. We were too

trusting when we got the implants. Please get them out. I wish you well.

If you trust yourself, you can make it happen and move on from this

terrifying product.