RemedySpot.com

Re: Where is Dr. Kolb?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

:

Someone is evidently playing games or there's been some *miscomunication* of sorts. I know as well as your other friends know that you're not the type to just bounce Kolb or anyone off the SS. You don't need to justify yourself.

Don't worry yourself about it, it's not worth it.

Take care,

-Marie

What? SHe has never been removed from this site that IS BS

----- Original Message -----

< >

Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 5:42 PM

Subject: Re: Where is Dr. Kolb?

> Actuallly, I saw Dr. Kolb on Friday and she mentioned to me that she had

been

> removed from this site and was no longer able to post here.

>

> Crystal

>

>

Crystal is not telling the truth, or someone is lying, I get notices if anyone leaves the group and I NEVER BLOCKED OR UNSUBSCRIBED HER> maybe this is to upset the group, I am not sure why she would say this but it is untrue

Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:19 PM

Are you kidding, Crystal? I think that is realy sad. All us girls may have disagreed on topics, but in my opinion, she gave alot of wondeful advise, advise that any other doctor wouldn't do .Most other docs definitly wouldn't do it for free or "waste their valuable time on us."like she did. And not once talking to her has she ever said one negative thing about anyone on this site, even as things got a little heated. And I think all of us, doctor or not- have some realy valuable information information we have attained according to our own problems and expereince, and she was one of them . She did mention to me a few weeks ago, she will be starting up a support group on her site in the very near future. But, I never knew it was because she wouldn't be back here. This is again, my own personal opinion. And anybody that were to leave here would be a loss to me .

No your right e, she has never been removed, she is still a member

Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 10:35 PM

I find this hard to believe, as Patty has made it very clear that no one gets kicked off the group unless they "slam" someone else. Perhaps Dr. Kolb left of her own accord??????? I don't believe for a minute that Dr. Kolb was "no longer able to post here."

e

Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 5:43 PM

Actuallly, I saw Dr. Kolb on Friday and she mentioned to me that she had been removed from this site and was no longer able to post here. Crystal

Hey are still there? I was trying to IM you

Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:35 AM

I figured that was misinformation.LM

Yes thanks -Marie, lately I feel like there is so much nonsense with people saying things that make no sense, like this one, I mean out of no where someone says some lie, why to start stuff or what? makes no sense. I never have bounced anyone off the group. I have had to moderate a few posts before when it got bad but that was only for a short time, and the posts all made it once I made sure they were not offensive.

Hugs

C

Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:52 AM

:Someone is evidently playing games or there's been some *miscomunication* of sorts. I know as well as your other friends know that you're not the type to just bounce Kolb or anyone off the SS. You don't need to justify yourself.Don't worry yourself about it, it's not worth it.Take care,-Marie

Vickie:

Before you start jumping all over and e, perhaps you need to go back and read Crystal's post. Crystal stated the Kolb had been "removed" from the site. That to me and others here can certainly be implied as negative. If it were not, it would have been stated by Crystal something to the tune of ", is having difficulty posting, please help" THAT would imply technical difficulty. When others have had posting problems, it has been reported as such. This Re: "Where is Dr. Kolb" and Crystal saying she's been "removed" implies problems other than technical difficulties and given the tone you're (and her other friends) using against and e just compounds the very suspicions nature of the whole situation.

I'm not a fool.

If you're going to blame and e, make room for me too.

-Marie

Kolb is no different from anyone else posting here. We're all members--all equal and all should find it in their hearts to post. No one member deserves special treatment over the other. Let's remember why we're here: WE ALL GOT SCREWED one way or another by breast implants and would like to seek support. Period!

LM

Vickie:

I can say the same thing about your *volley* ball assumption. You're assuming it's not a supportive environment and you've made inflammatory remarks about e who has given her heart sweat and tears into helping others on this site. She will be taking care of me after my surgery the end of this month and Daryl in December--where will you be? She helped Daryl get her appointment with Dr. Haung and has helped many with medical advice/info.

Also, is very supportive/informative on this site and provides a good ear on the phone too.

I suggest you do your homework before deciding it's not supportive here, then if you decide it still is non-supportive, so be it. I hope all goes well for you.

Take care.

-Marie

:

Many docs would not find it professional to be on a site where one would be delving in *self-promotion*--some might view it as tacky. Also, my doctor would not have the time as he is busy in surgery (pediatrics, burns, cancer), academics, traveling and writing.

However, to be a member of this forum for support and some degree of medical info, is quite a different story--as a silicone implant survivor, that qualifies to be here even though she likes her saline implants.

-Marie

Hi ,

Yes, She said she was looking into it. Apparently it is straightened out

since she is posting here again. She said she felt she has a right as an

implanted woman, not a Dr., to be allowed on this site. I agree.

To All,

I should not have phrased my post by saying Dr. Kolb SAID she had been

removed. I should have said she was not sure if she had been removed or what

the problem was.

She did say she was looking into the matter and trying to find out what

's policy was on unsubscribing, etc.

I guess I was quick to defend her just like others are so quick to defend

their PS. I thought she might have been removed because it seems like she

gets alot of negativity here. (This is also my OWN opinion) I am sorry to

have " stirred " things up.

Crystal

I

I agree with you, . Someone's trying to stir something up!! OR, Dr. Kolb made the decision herself to not post anymore. But no one certainly made her stop posting or made her feel that she couldn't post. We've had heated debates in the past, and that's not stopped her, me, or anyone else from posting!! e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:00 AM Subject: Re: Where is Dr. Kolb? Crystal is not telling the truth, or someone is lying, I get notices if anyone leaves the group and I NEVER BLOCKED OR UNSUBSCRIBED HER> maybe this is to upset the group, I am not sure why she would say this but it is untrue ----- Original Message ----- From: JULIEJJPALANCA@... Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:19 PM Subject: Re: Where is Dr. Kolb? Are you kidding, Crystal? I think that is realy sad. All us girls may have disagreed on topics, but in my opinion, she gave alot of wondeful advise, advise that any other doctor wouldn't do .Most other docs definitly wouldn't do it for free or "waste their valuable time on us."like she did. And not once talking to her has she ever said one negative thing about anyone on this site, even as things got a little heated. And I think all of us, doctor or not- have some realy valuable information information we have attained according to our own problems and expereince, and she was one of them . She did mention to me a few weeks ago, she will be starting up a support group on her site in the very near future. But, I never knew it was because she wouldn't be back here. This is again, my own personal opinion. And anybody that were to leave here would be a loss to me .

I am new to the support group and have not posted yet as I wanted to see what type of women I would be getting "support from". Today's volley of assumption and rumor has made up my mind for me. I will not be a part of this group. I will however say this...instead of jumping to conclusions with regard to Dr. Kolb, I called her office. She is the one who suggested I join this group of supported, informed women, and asked her office manager why she wasn't posting. The reason...she can not post due to technical difficulties with her home computer and does not post from work. She never said anyone kicked her out or made her feel unwelcome. In my opinion it is you e and who start shit and rumor to have something to do in life. I have fowarded your emails to Dr. Kolb so she can see just what kind of women she has been spending her personal at home time trying to help. It is too bad that a wonderful person like her gets stabbed in the back by the very same women she supports.

Vickie

e Rene' <justinerene1@...> wrote:

I agree with you, . Someone's trying to stir something up!! OR, Dr. Kolb made the decision herself to not post anymore. But no one certainly made her stop posting or made her feel that she couldn't post. We've had heated debates in the past, and that's not stopped her, me, or anyone else from posting!!

e

Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:00 AM

Crystal is not telling the truth, or someone is lying, I get notices if anyone leaves the group and I NEVER BLOCKED OR UNSUBSCRIBED HER> maybe this is to upset the group, I am not sure why she would say this but it is untrue

Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:19 PM

Are you kidding, Crystal? I think that is realy sad. All us girls may have disagreed on topics, but in my opinion, she gave alot of wondeful advise, advise that any other doctor wouldn't do .Most other docs definitly wouldn't do it for free or "waste their valuable time on us."like she did. And not once talking to her has she ever said one negative thing about anyone on this site, even as things got a little heated. And I think all of us, doctor or not- have some realy valuable information information we have attained according to our own problems and expereince, and she was one of them . She did mention to me a few weeks ago, she will be starting up a support group on her site in the very near future. But, I never knew it was because she wouldn't be back here. This is again, my own personal opinion. And anybody that were to leave here would be a loss to me .

I hope that what I have to say will clear up any problems people

think about Dr. Kolb about not posting on here at this time. I

talked to her myself and she didn't say one thing negative about

this site..she only said that she was unable to post on here anymore

and didn't know why...she didn't know if she was 'kicked off' for

some reason..she just didn't know why. IF she has some computer

problem at home that doesn't allow her to post, she didn't know that

this morning. If that's the case..so be it. We are all adults here

and we certainly don't need to go bad mouthing anyone...especially

Dr. Kolb. I hope she finds it in her heart to come back on here

AFTER all that has been said.

I agree with you,

. Someone's trying to stir something up!! OR, Dr. Kolb made

the decision herself to not post anymore. But no one certainly made

her stop posting or made her feel that she couldn't post. We've had

heated debates in the past, and that's not stopped her, me, or

anyone else from posting!!

> e ----- Original Message -----From: HeerSent:

Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:00 AM @y...: Re:

Where is Dr. Kolb? Crystal is not telling the truth,

or someone is lying, I get notices if anyone leaves the group and I

NEVER BLOCKED OR UNSUBSCRIBED HER> maybe this is to upset the group,

I am not sure why she would say this but it is untrue----- Original

Message ----- From: JULIEJJPALANCA@a... @y... Sent:

Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:19 PMSubject: Re: Where

is Dr. Kolb?

> Are you kidding, Crystal? I think that is realy sad. All us girls

may have disagreed on topics, but in my opinion, she gave alot of

wondeful advise, advise that any other doctor wouldn't do .Most

other docs definitly wouldn't do it for free or " waste their

valuable time on us. " like she did. And not once talking to her has

she ever said one negative thing about anyone on this site, even as

things got a little heated.

> And I think all of us, doctor or not- have some realy valuable

information information we have attained according to our own

problems and expereince, and she was one of them . She did mention

to me a few weeks ago, she will be starting up a support group on

her site in the very near future. But, I never knew it was because

she wouldn't be back here. This is again, my own personal opinion.

And anybody that were to leave here would be a loss to

me .

>

-Marie: That's just the problem, Ya'll assumed a negative instead of giving her the benefit of doubt. Crystal stated that, and it went to Dr. Kolb or someone else lying and more and more bullshit. How can negative minded people such as yourselves help others in need? And my tone is a reflection of disgust with your group not a reflection of friend ship with Dr. Kolb. I'll be happy to add you to the list of folks who make me sick with your pompus attitudes. Learn to take people at their word and trust in what they say instead of adding your negative twist to everything. Maybe that would help in your recovery process.

Vickie perlesetlacet@... wrote:

Vickie:Before you start jumping all over and e, perhaps you need to go back and read Crystal's post. Crystal stated the Kolb had been "removed" from the site. That to me and others here can certainly be implied as negative. If it were not, it would have been stated by Crystal something to the tune of ", is having difficulty posting, please help" THAT would imply technical difficulty. When others have had posting problems, it has been reported as such. This Re: "Where is Dr. Kolb" and Crystal saying she's been "removed" implies problems other than technical difficulties and given the tone you're (and her other friends) using against and e just compounds the very suspicions nature of the whole situation. I'm not a fool.If you're going to blame and e, make room for me too.-Marie

Again -Marie: support is a positive!!!! Not throwing out negatives unless and until you know the entire story. I have many friends that also helped me with my recovery, that doesn't mean they don't have faults and these two just jumped at the chance to bad mouth Dr. Kolb. From what I understand she enjoyed posting and helping in anyway she could. And when she has her computer repaired I'm certain she will again, although I can't imagine why she would want to communicate with people who have disrespected her and spoken badly about her behind her back.

perlesetlacet@... wrote:

Vickie:I can say the same thing about your *volley* ball assumption. You're assuming it's not a supportive environment and you've made inflammatory remarks about e who has given her heart sweat and tears into helping others on this site. She will be taking care of me after my surgery the end of this month and Daryl in December--where will you be? She helped Daryl get her appointment with Dr. Haung and has helped many with medical advice/info.Also, is very supportive/informative on this site and provides a good ear on the phone too.I suggest you do your homework before deciding it's not supportive here, then if you decide it still is non-supportive, so be it. I hope all goes well for you.Take care.-Marie

Crystal:

I'm glad to hear that is OK--her computer and all.

It really would have been nice (not to mention more responsible) had you reported this situation with more accuracy thereby saving and e some uncalled for insults.

Take care.

LM

Vickie, Well, well, well. Look what the wind blew in. Someone who talks about me, , and -Marie being negative and having pompous attitudes, and then look what you do. You turn around and do the very same thing---blow steam off and project that supposed very same negativity. I do believe I'm reading the words of a hypocrite..... Furthermore, I have to say, if you're new to the group, how do you claim to know so much about mine and 's negativity? Hmmmm, recently, the posts have been rather nice. Supportive and helping women, yet you seem to have a very preconceived attitude about me, LM, and . As LM stated, where are you when women need help? If you are such a "supportive" woman, than why haven't you posted in response to some of the questions? Oh, wait a minute, you've not been posting because you want to see what type of women are on this site. Well, so sorry to disappoint you if this isn't what you thought it would be. But then again, maybe it is, but you just aren't a strong woman emotionally. Seems like some people can dish it out but just can't take it in return. But then again, since you seem to be such good friends with Dr. Kolb, then maybe the good doctor can help you deal with your anger issues. Or perhaps that's something that can be added to her protocol????? Getting back to the real issue here---that of Crystal's original post which stated that she had "just talked to Dr. Kolb today, and Dr. Kolb stated that she had been removed from the group, and was no longer welcome/able to post." Crystal's original email certainly did come across as understanding that someone on this group had either blocked or removed Dr. Kolb, which would have to have been or Patty. I believe was just as shocked to hear about this as the rest of us were. And since all of this has been brought to light, Crystal has since clarified her post. However, I do feel that if Dr. Kolb was/is having computer problems, then she needed to get in touch with one of the moderators, and not make such a ludicrous statement to someone without even verifying that she supposedly had been removed. You know, I may not agree with Dr. Kolb on lots (most) things, but I strongly feel for the most part, the debates and heated topics always end up in education for the majority of the women who read the posts. Debate is good, it encourages critical thinking and enervates the mind. Anyone who disagrees must simply be in their own little world. World news, special interest, politics, medical issues, legal issues are all meant to be debated and more learned about the issues. If topics weren't meant to be debated, think about how boring and understimulating this world would be!! Contrary to what you believe about me, , and LM, we aren't disagreeing with people or trying to be bitches, we are simply challenging them to show us the data and research. Yes, I will question someone, anyone, who has posted incorrect information and has misinformed someone; or when someone vehemently states something when there is no data to support what they are saying. I don't single out Dr. Kolb. I've even challenged Patty, , -Marie, and many others. But you know what? We've all learned something from these challenges, and come away a much more educated, well rounded individual, unlike you who doesn't want to show us the intellect you've surely got to have. I do have a difficult time understanding Dr. Kolb supporting women and helping them get through the implant hell we've all been through when she's got implants herself. I find it hard to follow the advice and suggestions of a woman who tells us one thing about our bodies, and yet does the exact opposite with hers. I will lend her credibility when she has her implants removed and TRULY becomes one of us. And remember, just because she's a MD, doesn't mean she's always correct. Having "MD" behind your name doesn't make a person right 100% of the time. Remember, the majority of women on this group have been treated so poorly by MD's, and at one time, all of us trusted our MD's implicitly. Yet if they were always right, and imparted such wonderful, accurate advice and suggestions, then we wouldn't be in the situation we're all in today. Going back to the issue of support. I have worked feverishly and fervently to learn what I can about implants, and impart the knowledge I have learned to other women. I'm a RN, and I have the medical background and knowledge to help women with insurance issues, medical issues by providing options and suggestions, and relaying information to the group regarding new medical trends/issues/studies/research. I'm not perfect, nor do I claim to be even close to perfect. But I have made it a quest of mine to do what I can to educate women about the dangers of implants. And I think I've done a pretty damn good job. I have helped women from around the world get appts with plastic surgeons, I've been available by phone for women in need, and I've made myself availabe personally to women being explanted by Dr. Huang (I live in Denver). I feel I have helped raise awareness about the subject, and if people choose not to like me because they consider me a bitch, then so be it. But I ask you, Vickie, where have you been when women need someone to talk to? Where have you been when women are suicidal and they just need someone to get them past that horrible, alone feeling? Where have you been when women need information on implants? Where have you been when women come to your city to get explanted? Do you pick women up at the airport? Offer them your home? Offer to take care of them postop? If you dislike me because I'm intelligent and strong willed, then I feel sorry for you. Because that just tells me how insecure you are about yourself. And then to post such a scathing email about me and , then add to it by saying that -Marie is also a bad person, that is just downright mean. You are one of those women who is a hypocrite and doesn't even realize it. Reread your posts, maybe you will realize that the very things you're accusing me, , and LM of doing is what you've just done in your post. Have a wonderful night! e ----- Original Message ----- From: Vickie Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 1:07 PM Subject: Re: Where is Dr. Kolb? I am new to the support group and have not posted yet as I wanted to see what type of women I would be getting "support from". Today's volley of assumption and rumor has made up my mind for me. I will not be a part of this group. I will however say this...instead of jumping to conclusions with regard to Dr. Kolb, I called her office. She is the one who suggested I join this group of supported, informed women, and asked her office manager why she wasn't posting. The reason...she can not post due to technical difficulties with her home computer and does not post from work. She never said anyone kicked her out or made her feel unwelcome. In my opinion it is you e and who start shit and rumor to have something to do in life. I have fowarded your emails to Dr. Kolb so she can see just what kind of women she has been spending her personal at home time trying to help. It is too bad that a wonderful person like her gets stabbed in the back by the very same women she supports. Vickie e Rene' <justinerene1@...> wrote: I agree with you, . Someone's trying to stir something up!! OR, Dr. Kolb made the decision herself to not post anymore. But no one certainly made her stop posting or made her feel that she couldn't post. We've had heated debates in the past, and that's not stopped her, me, or anyone else from posting!! e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:00 AM Subject: Re: Where is Dr. Kolb? Crystal is not telling the truth, or someone is lying, I get notices if anyone leaves the group and I NEVER BLOCKED OR UNSUBSCRIBED HER> maybe this is to upset the group, I am not sure why she would say this but it is untrue ----- Original Message ----- From: JULIEJJPALANCA@... Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:19 PM Subject: Re: Where is Dr. Kolb? Are you kidding, Crystal? I think that is realy sad. All us girls may have disagreed on topics, but in my opinion, she gave alot of wondeful advise, advise that any other doctor wouldn't do .Most other docs definitly wouldn't do it for free or "waste their valuable time on us."like she did. And not once talking to her has she ever said one negative thing about anyone on this site, even as things got a little heated. And I think all of us, doctor or not- have some realy valuable information information we have attained according to our own problems and expereince, and she was one of them . She did mention to me a few weeks ago, she will be starting up a support group on her site in the very near future. But, I never knew it was because she wouldn't be back here. This is again, my own personal opinion. And anybody that were to leave here would be a loss to me .