>Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:24:53 -0500

>

>Hello, to you from East Texas. In the late, great Natural Healer/Herbalist

>Rev. Hanna Kroger's recent book " Heal Your Life with Home Remedies and

>Herbs " published 1998 by Hay House,Inc <www.hayhouse.com>.....Hanna says

> " For Parkinson's " Emu oil removes blockage from the central nervous system

>in a short time. "

>Her Hanna's Herbs,Bolder,Colorado is known world wide as is her Southern

>Herbs:<http:www.southern herb . com> and is given as a resourse in Hulda R.

>,PhD,N.D.s books " Cure For All Cancers " . revised and updated on 1998.

>Good Luck to you. Even tho Hanna passed on last year, her Healing Classes

>will go on, even for the youth, who are very interested in the Natural

>Ways. Liz At 04:55 AM 5/19/99 -0000, you wrote:

> >Looking for info on alt therapy for parkinson's. Does anyone know a good

>discussion forum or website for info?

> >

> >Thx

> >Melinda

> >

> >

> >------------------------------------------------------------------------

> >@Backup - The #1 Online Backup Service

> >Automatic, Safe, Reliable Backup and Restores. FREE for

> >30 Days. INSTALL Now and have a chance to win a Palm Pilot V!

> >http://clickhere./click/218

> >

> >

> >eGroups.com home: cures for cancer

> > - Simplifying group communications

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>@Backup - The #1 Online Backup Service

>Automatic, Safe, Reliable Backup and Restores. FREE for

>30 Days. INSTALL Now and have a chance to win a Palm Pilot V!

>http://clickhere./click/218

>

>

>eGroups.com home: cures for cancer

> - Simplifying group communications

>

>

>

>

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: cures for cancer

- Simplifying group communications

Guest guest

Hello, to you from East Texas. In the late, great Natural Healer/Herbalist

Rev. Hanna Kroger's recent book " Heal Your Life with Home Remedies and

Herbs " published 1998 by Hay House,Inc <www.hayhouse.com>.....Hanna says

" For Parkinson's " Emu oil removes blockage from the central nervous system

in a short time. "

Her Hanna's Herbs,Bolder,Colorado is known world wide as is her Southern

Herbs:<http:www.southern herb . com> and is given as a resourse in Hulda R.

,PhD,N.D.s books " Cure For All Cancers " . revised and updated on 1998.

Good Luck to you. Even tho Hanna passed on last year, her Healing Classes

will go on, even for the youth, who are very interested in the Natural

Ways. Liz At 04:55 AM 5/19/99 -0000, you wrote:

>Looking for info on alt therapy for parkinson's. Does anyone know a good

discussion forum or website for info?

>

>Thx

>Melinda

>

>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>@Backup - The #1 Online Backup Service

>Automatic, Safe, Reliable Backup and Restores. FREE for

>30 Days. INSTALL Now and have a chance to win a Palm Pilot V!

>http://clickhere./click/218

>

>

>eGroups.com home: cures for cancer

> - Simplifying group communications

>

>

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: cures for cancer

- Simplifying group communications

• 5 years later...
Guest guest

Alison,

Tataryn (lisatat@...), a Canadian living in San Diego is the

Parkinson's guru when it comes to neurofeedback. She has such a good

knowledge of what is going on with Parkinson's and other movement disorders

and what to do to help them in terms of neurofeedback protocols.

Mark Darling

Sunshine Coast, Australia

Parkinson's

> Has anyone heard of success of neurofeedback for Parkinson's?

> Thanks Alison

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I know a few clinicians who have had success with decreasing tremors by doing 10 min. each of

f3-f4, f5-f6, f7-f8, enhancing 15-18, inhibiting 4-7.

Pat

Guest guest

Thanks Pat

--- New Potentials Counseling <npc@...>

wrote:

> I know a few clinicians who have had success with

> decreasing tremors by doing 10 min. each of

> f3-f4, f5-f6, f7-f8, enhancing 15-18, inhibiting

> 4-7.

> Pat

• 1 year later...

You absolutely must contact Tataryn (lisatat@...) in La Jolla, CA. She does a lot of highly successful work with Parkinson's and has individualized protocols for several of the symptoms associated with the disease.

Mark Darling

Parkinson's

Hi all~

I have a friend whose husband has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's. She was asking about Nf and how well it can help make one more comfortable or at least help slow the progress. Has anyone worked on anyone with Parkinson's with positive results as far it slowing the progress of the disease? Thanks,

~

Mark~

Thank you!! Good to know!

~

Parkinson's

Hi all~

I have a friend whose husband has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's. She was asking about Nf and how well it can help make one more comfortable or at least help slow the progress. Has anyone worked on anyone with Parkinson's with positive results as far it slowing the progress of the disease? Thanks,

~

I'm sure there are others, besides myself, that would be very much interested in what she has to say. If you do have the opportunity to connect with her, I would appreciate if you could share the information. Thanks!

Diane CurridenMark Darling <mdarling@...> wrote:

You absolutely must contact Tataryn (lisatat@...) in La Jolla, CA. She does a lot of highly successful work with Parkinson's and has individualized protocols for several of the symptoms associated with the disease.

Mark Darling

Parkinson's

Hi all~

~__________________________________________________

I would appreciate it, too.

Jo Sato

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Diane CurridenSent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:05 PM Subject: Re: Parkinson's

I'm sure there are others, besides myself, that would be very much interested in what she has to say. If you do have the opportunity to connect with her, I would appreciate if you could share the information. Thanks!

Diane CurridenMark Darling <mdarling@...> wrote:

Mark Darling

Parkinson's

Hi all~

~

I've had good luck with slowing symptoms and actually back-tracking on tremors

with Fz/Pz SMR up and theta down.

Pete

>

> From: " Duncan " <karenduncan@...>

> Date: 2005/09/26 Mon PM 11:24:50 EDT

> < >

> Subject: Parkinson's

>

> Hi all~

> I have a friend whose husband has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's. She

was asking about Nf and how well it can help make one more comfortable or at

least help slow the progress. Has anyone worked on anyone with Parkinson's with

positive results as far it slowing the progress of the disease? Thanks,

> ~

>

Pete

I have a question about notation. When you write "Fz/Pz" does that mean Fz/Pz/g ie. single channel, or Fz/A1/g/Pz/A2 ie. two channel. Does the notation you use imply something that I should know?

I believe that the first is called a bipolar montage -- correct? I'm asking because I have read somewhere that even though the difference in amplitudes (or something close to it) is being measured in such a case, bipolar montages may facilitate communication between the sites and good things happen to coherence and synchrony.

In light of the disturbing questions (at least with me) raised on this list recently regarding amplitude training, I wonder if the advantages of one channel bipolar montages should be given a second look.

nick mammano Van Deusen <pvdtlc@...> wrote:

,I've had good luck with slowing symptoms and actually back-tracking on tremors with Fz/Pz SMR up and theta down.Pete> > From: " Duncan" <karenduncan@...>> Date: 2005/09/26 Mon PM 11:24:50 EDT> < >> Subject: Parkinson's> > Hi all~> I have a friend whose husband has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's. She was asking about Nf and how well it can help make one more comfortable or at least help slow the progress. Has anyone worked on anyone with Parkinson's with positive results as far it slowing the progress of the disease? Thanks,> ~>

Nick,

When I write Fz/Pz, I mean a single channel bipolar montage. If I meant

2-channel, I would write Fz/A1/g/Pz/A1. What exactly bipolar montages do

remains open to question. No one really knows and no-one (at least that I have

seen) has ever actually shown that it causes sites to " communicate with each

other " , though that is certainly a possibility.

As to your concern about amplitude training, I must have missed whatever posts

you are referring to that raised questions about it. Amplitude training has

been the base for most NF training for decades. Bipolar training has been a

part of standard training protocols also for decades.

Pete

>

> From: NICK MAMMANO <nickmammano@...>

> Date: 2005/09/28 Wed AM 09:26:30 EDT

>

> Subject: Re: Parkinson's

>

> Pete

>

> I have a question about notation. When you write " Fz/Pz " does that mean

Fz/Pz/g ie. single channel, or Fz/A1/g/Pz/A2 ie. two channel. Does the

notation you use imply something that I should know?

>

> I believe that the first is called a bipolar montage -- correct? I'm asking

because I have read somewhere that even though the difference in amplitudes (or

something close to it) is being measured in such a case, bipolar montages may

facilitate communication between the sites and good things happen to coherence

and synchrony.

>

> In light of the disturbing questions (at least with me) raised on this list

recently regarding amplitude training, I wonder if the advantages of one channel

bipolar montages should be given a second look.

>

> nick mammano

>

> Van Deusen <pvdtlc@...> wrote:

> ,

>

> I've had good luck with slowing symptoms and actually back-tracking on tremors

with Fz/Pz SMR up and theta down.

>

> Pete

>

> >

> > From: " Duncan " <karenduncan@...>

> > Date: 2005/09/26 Mon PM 11:24:50 EDT

> > < >

> > Subject: Parkinson's

> >

> > Hi all~

> > I have a friend whose husband has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's. She

was asking about Nf and how well it can help make one more comfortable or at

least help slow the progress. Has anyone worked on anyone with Parkinson's with

positive results as far it slowing the progress of the disease? Thanks,

> > ~

> >

>

>

>

>

Thanks for the info on notation.

Wrt to "communication" -- Demos in his book "Getting Started with Neurofeedback" , p 74, in describing why bipolar montages are chosen (as opposed to referential) says:

"Bipolar montages are chosen for several reasons" .... one factor relates to "communication"...."bipolar montages engage two regions of the brain simultaneously. Hence two separate regions are conscripted into the same neuronal task. They are being persuaded to have a heightened awareness of each other's presence in the cerebral universe"

I may have gone a step further than I should have when I inferred that he was referring to synchrony and coherence. On the other hand how else can his last sentenced be interpreted?

Regarding my comment about amplitude training --- I'll write you off line.

I'm having problems with BioReview 1.3 and am wondering if it is a bug. When I prepare a chart of a session in View -- the various graphs (wavelength bands) plot OK but I cannot change their colors or selectively add/remove them by leftclicking the box. The whole line highlights when I left -click. Has anyone else had this problem?

nick

Petr Van Deusen <pvdtlc@...> wrote:

Nick,When I write Fz/Pz, I mean a single channel bipolar montage. If I meant 2-channel, I would write Fz/A1/g/Pz/A1. What exactly bipolar montages do remains open to question. No one really knows and no-one (at least that I have seen) has ever actually shown that it causes sites to "communicate with each other", though that is certainly a possibility.As to your concern about amplitude training, I must have missed whatever posts you are referring to that raised questions about it. Amplitude training has been the base for most NF training for decades. Bipolar training has been a part of standard training protocols also for decades.Pete> > From: NICK MAMMANO <nickmammano@...>> Date: 2005/09/28 Wed AM 09:26:30 EDT> > Subject: Re:

Parkinson's> > Pete> > I have a question about notation. When you write "Fz/Pz" does that mean Fz/Pz/g ie. single channel, or Fz/A1/g/Pz/A2 ie. two channel. Does the notation you use imply something that I should know? > > I believe that the first is called a bipolar montage -- correct? I'm asking because I have read somewhere that even though the difference in amplitudes (or something close to it) is being measured in such a case, bipolar montages may facilitate communication between the sites and good things happen to coherence and synchrony.> > In light of the disturbing questions (at least with me) raised on this list recently regarding amplitude training, I wonder if the advantages of one channel bipolar montages should be given a second look.> > nick mammano > > Van Deusen <pvdtlc@...> wrote:>

,> > I've had good luck with slowing symptoms and actually back-tracking on tremors with Fz/Pz SMR up and theta down.> > Pete> > > > > From: " Duncan" <karenduncan@...>> > Date: 2005/09/26 Mon PM 11:24:50 EDT> > < >> > Subject: Parkinson's> > > > Hi all~> > I have a friend whose husband has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's. She was asking about Nf and how well it can help make one more comfortable or at least help slow the progress. Has anyone worked on anyone with Parkinson's with positive results as far it slowing the progress of the disease? Thanks,> > ~> > > > > >

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Hi ,

What I know is that neurologists believe MS is diagnosed by a MRI because they can see the plaque (sp) areas in the brain. As you know MS destroys the myelin sheath on the nerves. The myelin sheath is a coating on the nerves that allow the nerve impulse to travel where they are supposed to. MS affects thinking, memory, extremities and balance just like Parkinson's. Interferon seems to be the treatment of choice for MS.

Parkinson's is a syndrome. A parts of the brain that has the Dopamine receptors are being destroyed with Parkinson's. The medication they give for Parkinson's tricks the brain into believing it has Dopamine or they give medication that is actually Dopamine. Dopamine works for motor activity, brain function, mood, sleep etc.

Both MS and Parkinson's progress. For some people it is a slow progression and others fast.

Depression is a factor in Parkinson's because of the Dopamine, I bet for MS patients too.

The thing of it is, people are different in what shows up. Like for me, I have this horrible muscle pain in my legs, others aren't bothered with it.

It is scary because both MS and Parkinson's won't go away.

I look and read and find all the treatment and info I can such as some supplements and to keep moving is important so I go to 'baby' Yoga - the very easiest. There are certain things like that for MS too.

I was diagnosed last Sept. and got a neurologist second opinion this month so that is that, I have it.

If your brother-in-law has MS he has to be himself who just happens to have MS. That is what I am trying to do. I am no where near there now.

Carolyn

Parkinson's

Hi Carolyn, I am just learning about parkinson's bacause my brother in law is the middle of being diagnosed. I understand that your illness is similiar to MS and perhaps other illnesses with the cognitive issues,....can you explain more specifically in which way they are similiar? And perhaps tell us about any distinct differences?

And group members with Parkinsons's, why don't you say hello to Carolyn and join in the discussion?! Thanks so much

Hugs, H., from PA

Guest guest

Hi ,

What I know is that neurologists believe MS is diagnosed by a MRI because they can see the plaque (sp) areas in the brain. As you know MS destroys the myelin sheath on the nerves. The myelin sheath is a coating on the nerves that allow the nerve impulse to travel where they are supposed to. MS affects thinking, memory, extremities and balance just like Parkinson's. Interferon seems to be the treatment of choice for MS.

Parkinson's is a syndrome. A parts of the brain that has the Dopamine receptors are being destroyed with Parkinson's. The medication they give for Parkinson's tricks the brain into believing it has Dopamine or they give medication that is actually Dopamine. Dopamine works for motor activity, brain function, mood, sleep etc.

Both MS and Parkinson's progress. For some people it is a slow progression and others fast.

Depression is a factor in Parkinson's because of the Dopamine, I bet for MS patients too.

The thing of it is, people are different in what shows up. Like for me, I have this horrible muscle pain in my legs, others aren't bothered with it.

I look and read and find all the treatment and info I can such as some supplements and to keep moving is important so I go to 'baby' Yoga - the very easiest. There are certain things like that for MS too.

I was diagnosed last Sept. and got a neurologist second opinion this month so that is that, I have it.

If your brother-in-law has MS he has to be himself who just happens to have MS. That is what I am trying to do. I am no where near there now.

Carolyn

Parkinson's

Hi Carolyn, I am just learning about parkinson's bacause my brother in law is the middle of being diagnosed. I understand that your illness is similiar to MS and perhaps other illnesses with the cognitive issues,....can you explain more specifically in which way they are similiar? And perhaps tell us about any distinct differences?

And group members with Parkinsons's, why don't you say hello to Carolyn and join in the discussion?! Thanks so much

Hugs, H., from PA

Guest guest

Hi ,

Carolyn

Parkinson's

Hugs, H., from PA

Guest guest

Hi ,

Carolyn

Parkinson's

Hugs, H., from PA

Guest guest

Hi ,

Carolyn

Parkinson's

Hugs, H., from PA

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn, Thanks for all the information. I'm not sure if you misundersood me.I have MS and have for 12 years, and my brother-in-law that I was asking about is possibly being diagnosed with Parkinson's . Again, thanks for the information for him I will pass it on.Take care,

• 3 weeks later...

I have Parkinson and I'm taking LDN....What is it, that you would like to know?

From: Carol Torns <mbqbzc@...>Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Parkinson'slow dose naltrexone Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 5:36 AM

I am particularly interested in anyone's experience with Parkinson's and LDN. Thanks

• 2 years later...