RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: B-12 question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What are your thoughts on the B12 Patch? www.b12patch.com - just curious. One of my surgeons asked me about it and when I looked it up it seemed ok. Strathdee <strathdee@...> wrote: We have recommended 500 mcg oral B 12 daily, and have not had deficiency problems unless someone's not taking it. Strathdee, RD, LD, LMHCGenesis Medical Center, Davenport, IA>>> knbachhotmail 12/13/2006 7:18 AM >>>Some of our patients do fine on only the injections, but others continue to take sublingual B12 daily or every other day. We don't raelly recommend the oral B12 because it does not absorb as well, and typically we have to switch those pts to sublingual. As written below, just have B12 checked after 3 mos of whichever route you go to see if more is needed or not. RD, LD>> Oral really does not provide any supplementation. More than likely> injections will be enough if done monthly. If other supplementation is done> it should be sublingual. Recommend checking labs to know for sure > > > > _____

> > From: > [mailto: ] On Behalf Of julie> fosco> Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 1:28 PM> > Subject: B-12 question> > > > Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me. One of my patients is seeing> her primary care physician for B12 injections. Should I recommend that she> continue to take oral B12 supplements while receiving the shots?> > > > Thanks!> > > > > > _____ >

> Cheap Talk? Check> <http://us.rd./mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http:/us.rd..c om/evt> =39663/*http:/voice.> out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call> rates.>

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

I give his B-12 shot in his thigh....while he is awake. The first

month...he hated it...but now...I just say " Time to get your Shot " and he just

stands there and does not even care. We have been doing B-12 since Oct 2007

Annmarie...mom of 27 months old

Subject: [ ] Re: B-12 question

Date: Monday, July 14, 2008, 9:41 AM

Hello,

A friend of mine uses the shots to give their child B12. There is a

cream that they put on their child's bottom and it numbs the area.

I've seen her give her child a shot and he did not even flinch. I

know you said transdermal or oral, but this maybe another

alternative.

>

> What would be the best way to administer B-12.

> We would like to use either transdermal or oral.

> In your opinion which would be the best/.

> Has anyone used the above with success?

> Thanks so much

> Joyce

>