RemedySpot.com

Re: Prostheses

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 2/27/2003 8:46:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, cholesteatoma writes:

I am really interested in hearing of experiences with prostheses.

Would you recommend it? Any problems, particularly extrusion. Thank

you.

Hi - I've never had prostheses but if all goes well they are talking about putting them in in several months. It seems like we get quite a few posts about failed prosthetics on here & very few success stories, although that could just be because the success story folks don't feel the need for an online support group. I told my dr. that I read about them shifting/dislodging/causing more trouble & asked him his success rate. He said they are successful about 80% of the time (BTW - I thought he said "8%", he laughed & said, "See, you really need them").

HI ALL, MY DAUGHTER HAD HER FIRST PROSTHESIS PUT IN AT SAME TIME OF FIRST C-TOMA REMOVAL. IT WAS BONE OR CARTILAGE FROM A CADAVER IT DID NOT WORK OUT. A YEAR LATER SHE HAD THE CARTRIDGE FROM IN FRONT OF HER C-TOMA EAR REMOVED AND MADE INTO PROSTHESIS AND HAS HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT KNOCK ON WOOD. SHE IS GETTING READY TO HAVE RECURRENT C-TOMA REMOVED IN APRIL WE WILL SEE THEN HOW THE PROSTHESIS IS DOING. A SIDE NOTE. HAS ANYONE HAD A PROBLEM WITH HAVING BRACES ON AND SURGERY?

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT

DIANA(MOM) BETH(PATIENT) CINTI., OHIO

Re: prostheses

In a message dated 2/27/2003 8:46:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, cholesteatoma writes:

I am really interested in hearing of experiences with prostheses. Would you recommend it? Any problems, particularly extrusion. Thank you.Hi - I've never had prostheses but if all goes well they are talking about putting them in in several months. It seems like we get quite a few posts about failed prosthetics on here & very few success stories, although that could just be because the success story folks don't feel the need for an online support group. I told my dr. that I read about them shifting/dislodging/causing more trouble & asked him his success rate. He said they are successful about 80% of the time (BTW - I thought he said "8%", he laughed & said, "See, you really need them").

I have had 3 different reconstruction operations my right ear. None of the prostheses has worked - cadaver, my own cartiledge, and artificial material. With that track record, I decided not to attempt a reconstruction in my left ear.

Ilona

rlockw1092@... wrote:

I am really interested in hearing of experiences with prostheses. Would you recommend it? Any problems, particularly extrusion. Thank you.Hi - I've never had prostheses but if all goes well they are talking about putting them in in several months. It seems like we get quite a few posts about failed prosthetics on here & very few success stories, although that could just be because the success story folks don't feel the need for an online support group. I told my dr. that I read about them shifting/dislodging/causing more trouble & asked him his success rate. He said they are successful about 80% of the time (BTW - I thought he said "8%", he laughed & said, "See, you really need them").

• 5 years later...

As long as it's clean and dose not show anything XXX rated.

Co-Moderator

Phil

> From: Graeme <tucker_graeme@...>

> Subject: Prostheses

>

> Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 6:44 PM

> Would anyone have a problem if I posted photo's of my

> prostheses in

> album section? Not only my teeth are prosthetic.

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

A penis prostheses? If so can you explain further....

> From: Graeme <tucker_graeme>

> Subject: Prostheses

>

> Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 6:44 PM

> Would anyone have a problem if I posted photo's of my

> prostheses in

> album section? Not only my teeth are prosthetic.

>

>

> ------------ --------- --------- ------

>

>

This is against the rules here the forum for this is at this link.

Alt-Support-Impotence-ASI/

Co-Moderator

Phil

>

>

>

> > From: Graeme <tucker_graeme>

>

> > Subject: Prostheses

>

> >

>

> > Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 6:44 PM

>

> > Would anyone have a problem if I posted photo's of

> my

>

> > prostheses in

>

> > album section? Not only my teeth are prosthetic.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > ------------ --------- --------- ------

>

> >

>

> >