RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Anyone have a stroke while on LDN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would doubt very much if LDN has anything to do with these strokes. From my understranding, it has no effect on clot formation or the opposite, thinning of the blood.

Ischemic strokes are usually caused by a clot lodging in a narrowed artery like the carotid, although there can be intracrainial clots as well. At your young age, an ischemic stroke is probably rather rare. You never said why you were on LDN. Are you a juvenile diabetic? MS with limited mobility?

In any event, the main causes of embolii (clots) are probably atrial fibrillation of the heart - clots tend to form on the valves and then travel around. You can also form clots frequently in the lower extremities during long periods of inactivity like on a long plane trip or in the case of many on this list, ambulation limitations from their diseases. Smokers and those on oral contraceptives are also at increase risk. The combination of smoking and contraceptives is especially risky for younger women. you should have been on therapies like Plavix or even low dose aspirin after the first stroke.

the other question - how did the stroke affectr you? Any resulting disabilities?

Good luck and best regards,

Bob C

From: Bren <TwisterAlley2@...>Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: Anyone have a stroke while on LDNlow dose naltrexone Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 11:51 PM

>> I am 34 and just suffered 3 ischemic strokes. I don't think the LDN is related but it's the > newest change in my life so I have to ask myself and all of you if anyone knows anything > that might give me a clue to the cause. Thanks for any input. > >============ ===I've never heard of LDN causing strokes. I suggest you stop the LDN and see if this continues and see a doctor and get arteries and such checked. How long have you been on LDN and at what dosage are you on and what pharmacy fills your LDN scropt?