> want to boost his immune system to fight this off......Can we get the

> ldn over the internet without a script at one of the places you guys

> are talking about? Skip, do you think it would work.....I don't know

> if our vet will give us a script, thus asking to just get it on line

> to try....I think if it works our vet would be a believer....she knows

> I am on it, and my son also. My daughter works for the vet practice

> so she knows a bit about our family, etc....At this point, I feel like

> it could not hurt him.....but what do you think Skip

Is Skip from Skip pharmacy on this list? (Or is it a different Skip?)

I was also wondering about LDN for my cat, who has hyperthyroid and elevated

liver ALT, for which he has taken way too many antibiotics in the last 5 months.

Can we get in touch with Skip (of Skip's pharmacy) and ask him about

prescribing for pets? Or does he need a script from a vet?

TIA,

Mara

Skip's Pharmacy

21000 Boca Rio RdSuite A-29Boca Raton, Florida33433561-218-0111800-553-7429Fax: 561-218-8873

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to see it.From My Heart to Yours Love, Hugs & Blessings, CrystalLDN_Users Group OwnerDiagnosed November 2004 with Secondary Progressive MS, Transverse Myelitis and an Advocate for LDN!! 3 years on LDN with Skip's Pharmacy.....No Relapses.....Crystal's MS,TM & LDN Websitehttp://www.freewebs.com/crystalangel6267/index.htm LDN Website http://ww.ldninfo.org/Crystal's LDN Support GroupLDN_Users/ Crystal's LDN Gift Shophttp://www.cafepress.com/crystalldngifts Skip's Compounding Pharmacyhttp://www.skipspharmacy.com/

From: Mara Schiffren <alcibiades@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:45:49 PMSubject: [low dose naltrexone] Cat was horse on ldn

>> Ok, Skip, Cyndi, Althena, what do you think of ldn for about a 900-> 1000 pound horse. Can we get the 50 mg for him? We have a horse that > has an infection, an older fella, who's blood work shows infection, > and has been on tons of antibiotic and is still showing infection. We > want to boost his immune system to fight this off......Can we get the > ldn over the internet without a script at one of the places you guys > are talking about? Skip, do you think it would work.....I don't know > if our vet will give us a script, thus asking to just get it on line > to try....I think if it works our vet would be a believer.... she knows > I am on it,

and my son also. My daughter works for the vet practice > so she knows a bit about our family, etc....At this point, I feel like > it could not hurt him.....but what do you think SkipIs Skip from Skip pharmacy on this list? (Or is it a different Skip?)I was also wondering about LDN for my cat, who has hyperthyroid and elevatedliver ALT, for which he has taken way too many antibiotics in the last 5 months.Can we get in touch with Skip (of Skip's pharmacy) and ask him aboutprescribing for pets? Or does he need a script from a vet? TIA,Mara

Dear Mara,

There are many animals on LDN for auto-immune disorders. In fact we had a vet at the LDN conference in LA that was a big proponent and has seen a lot of help in the animals he treats.

I am not sure however about taking it for infections. There have been a few people that have reported that it has helped with infections, but on the other hand I have people write in a lot that LDN was working fine for their auto-immune disorder until they got an infection. Once their infection is taken care of, then the LDN seems to be working again. I am not sure it was not working so much as the body was overwhelmed with fighting the infection and it could not fight off the symptoms of the auto-immune disease at the same time. This is one of the problems listed in the LDN trouble shooting guide. Another one on the list is stress, which seems to have a similar effect.

Aletha