RemedySpot.com

Re: New FDA approval granted for Naltrexone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's always been my fear that if LDN becomes a popular drug of choice that the price will somehow shoot up, leaving it harder to get than it is now, that is my fear of big pharma stepping in........

Celia

That is also my fear Celia ..... along with my other fear, that LDN

somehow will totally not be available.

I just Hope and pray that this never happens .... We are all here

because we know LDNs absolute incredible value - for us /or for our

loved ones (my daughter).

Thanks A Million Dr. Bihari! So happy to read that you are feeling so

much better / Our whole family Loves You!

Wishing Everyone A Happy and Healthy New Year!

ette

Re: [low dose naltrexone] New FDA approval granted for Naltrexone

always been my fear that if LDN becomes a

popular drug of choice that the price will somehow shoot up, leaving it

harder

to get than it is now, that is my fear of big pharma stepping

in........

Celia

I think it's more likely the opposite will happen Celia. High demand

should bring the price down as naltrexone is a generic drug that

anyone is allowed to make therefore :- big demand = heavy competition

(they'll all want a slice of the cake!). The big danger as I see it

will come from big pharma (better known to most of us as Beelzebub

)and all of Satan's little helpers ( the shareholders)will do

everything in their power to prevent LDN having widespread success

(they have no choice,no cancer = no cancer industry required therefore

no more big bucks coming in to support research) You and I now get our

LDN through the NHS which is all fine and dandy until you realise that

there is (to my knowledge) only one chemist in the UK that will accept

an NHS script. I'm far too paranoid to accept that state of affairs as

it would be all too easy for the 'dirty tricks brigade' to tamper with

supplies. So until things settle down (and by this I'm referring to

the recent ban on LDN imports), I'm making my own!

-- In low dose naltrexone , " Celia " <celia@...> wrote:

>

> It's always been my fear that if LDN becomes a popular drug of

choice that the price will somehow shoot up, leaving it harder to get

than it is now, that is my fear of big pharma stepping in........

> Celia

>

You and I now get ourLDN through the NHS which is all fine and dandy until you realise thatthere is (to my knowledge) only one chemist in the UK that will acceptan NHS script. I'm far too paranoid to accept that state of affairs asit would be all too easy for the 'dirty tricks brigade' to tamper withsupplies. So until things settle down (and by this I'm referring tothe recent ban on LDN imports), I'm making my own!

, any chemist in GB can order 4.5 mgs Naltrexone, it is a special order and the chemists get it from dales in London, dunno about any other compounders but maybe I can find out, you can be sure I will try.......

All the very best

Celia

Excellent post ,

Naltrexone is an off label use drug and can be produced by competitors, so more likely it would not go up in price but rather be driven down with more competition (as there is more need for it).

I really don't see how the government could put a ban on LDN because Naltrexone at 50mg was rated safe years ago, and we have many recent studies/trials suggesting efficacy and also safety with the lower dosage.

If anything the biggest concern any of us should have is the strong lobbying from big Pharma against Compounding Pharmacies. They would just love to see them put out of business. And they try all of the time. It is a constant struggle for the compounding pharmacists to keep their ability to operate.

It is really ridiculous because Compounding pharmacists must have the knowledge to formulate and put chemistry to work (the old fashioned way). The regular pharmacist that you go to at the big drug stores are just putting pills into containers. Don't get me wrong, they need a lot of knowledge as well and their work is very important, but they are not formulating their medicines, they are using pre-formulated pills etc.

Every year it seems we all have to post to our congressmen and government to keep compounding pharmacies in operation. It is unfortunate for them to keep having to fight to keep their profession going. And the only opponent they have here is the big pharmacies that would rather them not be in operation so we could only use their pre-formulated medicines.

All my best

Aletha

I need one English contact preferable in London 4 my friendCyndiSent from my iPhoneClenz@... On Dec 24, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Celia <celia@...> wrote:

You and I now get ourLDN through the NHS which is all fine and dandy until you realise thatthere is (to my knowledge) only one chemist in the UK that will acceptan NHS script. I'm far too paranoid to accept that state of affairs asit would be all too easy for the 'dirty tricks brigade' to tamper withsupplies. So until things settle down (and by this I'm referring tothe recent ban on LDN imports), I'm making my own!

, any chemist in GB can order 4.5 mgs Naltrexone, it is a special order and the chemists get it from dales in London, dunno about any other compounders but maybe I can find out, you can be sure I will try.......

All the very best

Celia