RemedySpot.com

Re: Diclofenac from Novartis, anti-inflammatory GEL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Walter: As one of many people who have used Diclofenac for years (it's long been available in Mexico, where I live), I believe I can answer your questions. I'm sure others will have input, as well.

Diclofenic IS an NSAID (which just means Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory), but the only I've taken without stomach irritation. I took the tablets for many years, with no problems. IF someone takes the pills on an empty stomach, repeatedly, over time it will eat away the stomach lining, just as aspirin and many other medications will. The manufacturer is required by law to put that warning on any product containing diclofenac.

Since the gel is absorbed through the skin, not the digestive tract, it cannot irritate your stomach or intestines.

Tarra

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Walter Hoffmann <redspot321@...> wrote:

Hi I wanted to reply via the group mail but I am not able to access " Message Boards and Forums " So I just started a new thread.

At first glance, this cream looked like a dream come true, but........The warnings seem much the same as taking NSAIDS orally..... Is there a difference?

" This medicine can also increase your risk of serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and gastrointestinal effects can occur without warning at any time while you are using an NSAID. Older adults may have an even greater risk of these serious gastrointestinal side effects. "

I have a lot of trouble with my stomach and medications. Even the LDN gives me pain sometimes. But the diclofenac gel has no adverse effect at all. Maybe the report you cited pertained to diclofenac in pill form?

Of course, you should use the gel judiciously--a little gel goes a long way--but I think it is well worth trying if you have muscular-skeletal issues from MS, or arthritis. Try a little on a bad back--you will be amazed.

JoyceOne site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

It's the COX-1 inhibiting effects of NSAIDs that cause stomach irritation, and it doesn't have to be absorbed from the stomach to cause problems for it. But I believe the absorption of the NSAID into the blood stream is a lot lower when you use a gel, so the risk is lower but not zero. I'm no expert, though.

/Gunnar

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Diclofenac from Novartis, anti-inflammatory GEL

Walter: As one of many people who have used Diclofenac for years (it's long been available in Mexico, where I live), I believe I can answer your questions. I'm sure others will have input, as well.

Diclofenic IS an NSAID (which just means Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory), but the only I've taken without stomach irritation. I took the tablets for many years, with no problems. IF someone takes the pills on an empty stomach, repeatedly, over time it will eat away the stomach lining, just as aspirin and many other medications will. The manufacturer is required by law to put that warning on any product containing diclofenac.

Since the gel is absorbed through the skin, not the digestive tract, it cannot irritate your stomach or intestines.

Tarra

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Walter Hoffmann <redspot321 > wrote:

Hi I wanted to reply via the group mail but I am not able to access "Message Boards and Forums" So I just started a new thread.

At first glance, this cream looked like a dream come true, but........The warnings seem much the same as taking NSAIDS orally..... Is there a difference?

"This medicine can also increase your risk of serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and gastrointestinal effects can occur without warning at any time while you are using an NSAID. Older adults may have an even greater risk of these serious gastrointestinal side effects."