RemedySpot.com

Re: intramuscular shot

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Jodi, I have been getting B-12 bi-monthly for about ten years now, and the nurses always used my arm, then taught my husband how to do it and he always uses my arm, so I really think it's just a matter of personal preference and it should be up to us, not them. I've never had a reaction like that, but I've been reading about flue shot reactions like that this year. Eve

[low dose naltrexone] intramuscular shot

I got an intramuscular B12 shot in my upper right buttock two times.Ever since, my hip has been in pain and it has gotten so bad that attimes it freezes and it is hard to walk. I even had to schlep my foottoday in the evening. I was pretty much ok during the day. It is theoddest thing.Anyone know what I can do for something like this? I asked for theshot in my arm but they insisted this was the place to do it. I hopethey didn't hit some kind of nerve.I'm seeing the doc tomorrow and I will tell him about this.Argh.. like, this is what I needed now.Jodi------------------------------------

Jodi,

Nothing for your doctor to do. Sometimes even experienced doctors and nurses can go in at a more perpendicular angle - which can get close to the sciatic nerve or a branch. Even hitting a superficial sensory nerve can cause yourt symptoms. No way for the nurse to know. If you are thin, then there is added risk. Usually no harm done. On other occasions, there is a small hematoma and this causes pressure until it resolves. But it is RARE to actually hit the nerve. This is the best location for the B12 shot. It is viscous and meant to absorb more slowly, so do not expect immediate resolution to your pain, but you should get some energy boost....Think of it as a bruise to the muscle, and give it a couple days.

The arm and deltoid muscle are not usually large enough for this type of shot.

From: jodah235 <jodah235@...>Subject: [low dose naltrexone] intramuscular shotlow dose naltrexone Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 10:23 PM

I got an intramuscular B12 shot in my upper right buttock two times.Ever since, my hip has been in pain and it has gotten so bad that attimes it freezes and it is hard to walk. I even had to schlep my foottoday in the evening. I was pretty much ok during the day. It is theoddest thing.Anyone know what I can do for something like this? I asked for theshot in my arm but they insisted this was the place to do it. I hopethey didn't hit some kind of nerve.I'm seeing the doc tomorrow and I will tell him about this.Argh.. like, this is what I needed now.Jodi

Seriously?

I can hardly move now..

Can't walk without holding onto wall or furniture and I am completely

hunched over -dragging- my right foot. Laptops are very useful times

like these.

So this will just pass?

It seems to be bad in certain movements and laying down is much better.

I have had Intramuscular shots many times- never has anything like

this happened to me.

Jodi

>

> From: jodah235 <jodah235@...>

> Subject: [low dose naltrexone] intramuscular shot

> low dose naltrexone

> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 10:23 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I got an intramuscular B12 shot in my upper right buttock two times.

> Ever since, my hip has been in pain and it has gotten so bad that at

> times it freezes and it is hard to walk. I even had to schlep my foot

> today in the evening. I was pretty much ok during the day. It is the

> oddest thing.

> Anyone know what I can do for something like this? I asked for the

> shot in my arm but they insisted this was the place to do it. I hope

> they didn't hit some kind of nerve.

> I'm seeing the doc tomorrow and I will tell him about this.

>

> Argh.. like, this is what I needed now.

>

> Jodi

>

Yikes, that is pretty unusual. If they "hit" the nerver, you woul;d have definitely felt this going down you leg pretty sharply. I suspect you have a big deep hematoma from bleeding from the shot. While rare to be that bad, it is certainly possible. Let us know what your doctor says.

From: jodah235 <jodah235@...>Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: intramuscular shotlow dose naltrexone Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 11:56 PM

Seriously? I can hardly move now..Can't walk without holding onto wall or furniture and I am completelyhunched over -dragging- my right foot. Laptops are very useful timeslike these.So this will just pass? It seems to be bad in certain movements and laying down is much better.I have had Intramuscular shots many times- never has anything likethis happened to me.Jodi> > From: jodah235 <jodah235@.. .>> Subject: [low dose naltrexone] intramuscular shot> low dose naltrexone> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 10:23 PM> > > > > > > I got an intramuscular B12 shot in

my upper right buttock two times.> Ever since, my hip has been in pain and it has gotten so bad that at> times it freezes and it is hard to walk. I even had to schlep my foot> today in the evening. I was pretty much ok during the day. It is the> oddest thing.> Anyone know what I can do for something like this? I asked for the> shot in my arm but they insisted this was the place to do it. I hope> they didn't hit some kind of nerve.> I'm seeing the doc tomorrow and I will tell him about this.> > Argh.. like, this is what I needed now.> > Jodi>

I am better this morning.. although, sitting is making it flare.

I am sore for sure, limping and not myself.

Going to the chiropractor this morning and later this afternoon seeing

my doc.

It's always something.. I have faith though that sooner rather than

later all of this (various health problems) will be in the past..

Jodi

> >

> > From: jodah235 <jodah235@ .>

> > Subject: [low dose naltrexone] intramuscular shot

> > low dose naltrexone

> > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 10:23 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I got an intramuscular B12 shot in my upper right buttock two times.

> > Ever since, my hip has been in pain and it has gotten so bad that at

> > times it freezes and it is hard to walk. I even had to schlep my foot

> > today in the evening. I was pretty much ok during the day. It is the

> > oddest thing.

> > Anyone know what I can do for something like this? I asked for the

> > shot in my arm but they insisted this was the place to do it. I hope

> > they didn't hit some kind of nerve.

> > I'm seeing the doc tomorrow and I will tell him about this.

> >

> > Argh.. like, this is what I needed now.

> >

> > Jodi

> >

>