RemedySpot.com

Anyone have success on nerve pain due to spinal cord surgery?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had spinal cord surgery 9 months ago to remove an AV Dural Fistula

on the spinal cord. Since then I have been in constant severe, burning

pain with numbness and tingling in the buttocks, legs, and feet. The

pain has been getting worse, although I have been taking Neurontin

(maxiumum dose of 3600 mg a day) and Baclofen (10 mg twice a day). Has

anyone had success with LDN to treat this type of severe nerve pain?

Thanks, Tom in Arizona

Tom,

LDN is not actually a pain med, and it sounds like you have nerve scarring which is difficult to treat medically. Have you had any epidural injections? Neurolysis procedures? This type of thing is best treated by a qualified pain management physician. Many times as a last resort a spinal cord stimulator can be implanted and this pretty much can be adjusted to relieve many symptoms. Additional surgery is usually not a good option, as more scarring can occur and the results are really not too effective in most cases. Try to find a board certified pain doc who isn't going to load you up on a bunch of meds.

From: TOM SANDERS <tomsanders327@...>Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Anyone have success on nerve pain due to spinal cord surgery?low dose naltrexone Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 11:41 PM

I had spinal cord surgery 9 months ago to remove an AV Dural Fistula on the spinal cord. Since then I have been in constant severe, burning pain with numbness and tingling in the buttocks, legs, and feet. The pain has been getting worse, although I have been taking Neurontin (maxiumum dose of 3600 mg a day) and Baclofen (10 mg twice a day). Has anyone had success with LDN to treat this type of severe nerve pain?Thanks, Tom in Arizona