RemedySpot.com

ALA dosage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

1/8-1/2 mg/lb every 3 hours during the day, every 4 hours at night for 3 days

and nights " on " and at least as many " off " . Use ALA only if the individual has

NO mercury amalgam dental fillings.

S S

ALA dosage

Posted by: " Kym Ng " kym@... kym_ng

Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:26 am (PST)

What is the recommended dosage for ALA please?

Thanks,

Kym

------------------------------------------------------------

Medical Transcription Training

Click here to find Medical Transcription Training programs.

http://tagline.excite.com/fc/BK72PcZanRiN3JaXTwrP7FWT57pyD6jBR3jD0DziFFzGFUiSR9W\

AVq/

• 1 year later...

Actually, it is best to have something to eat as the ALA might cause hypoglycemia symptoms in some patients.

nola Chris

In a message dated 2/12/2010 12:43:06 P.M. Central Standard Time, zahavi100@... writes:

300-600 mg from a good brand like metabolic maintenance with b-complex best on empty stomach half hour before meal or 2 hours after meal

Large doses of ALA can also cause insomnia and heart problems (atrial

fibrillation, heart palpitations)-- something to be aware of and watch out for.

See:

http://www.raysahelian.com/alphalipoicacid.html

Phil

>

> Actually, it is best to have something to eat as the ALA might cause

> hypoglycemia symptoms in some patients.

>

> nola Chris

>

>

>

> In a message dated 2/12/2010 12:43:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,

> zahavi100@... writes:

>

>

> 300-600 mg from a good brand like metabolic maintenance with b-complex

> best on empty stomach half hour before meal or 2 hours after meal

>

More on ALA and it's "R" form along with references.

R-LipoicAcid%20Review.pdf

pcalvert.rm wrote:

Large doses of ALA can also cause insomnia and heart problems

(atrial fibrillation, heart palpitations)-- something to be aware

of and watch out for.

See:

http://www.raysahelian.com/alphalipoicacid.html

Phil

>

> Actually, it is best to have something to eat as the ALA might

cause

> hypoglycemia symptoms in some patients.

>

> nola Chris

>

>

>

> In a message dated 2/12/2010 12:43:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,

> zahavi100@... writes:

>

>

> 300-600 mg from a good brand like metabolic maintenance with

b-complex

> best on empty stomach half hour before meal or 2 hours after meal

>

according to dr.Berkson, oral dosing in excess of about 800mg/day (in divided doses) is wasteful, not increasing benefits. i forget why he said that is, but i would think using it IV is a whole other thing... might have something to do with ability to get the oral dosing into the bloodstream or how it's used once in there? so more isn't better, and if more can cause insomnia and heart problems then that's a down side to excess.

that said, i've yet to be impressed with dr. ray sahelian. he post some good info, but his take on colloidal silver (read some time ago and details forgetten) is, near as i could at the time determine, way off base and makes me very sceptical of all he has to say.

this .pdf on R-ALA is interesting and encourages using the R- form straight, however it doesn't address dr. B's assertion that available R- forms are likely to contain benzene residue from the seperation process. it would be a real drag to get all the benefits of the R- forms superiority but later be overcome by cancers from the benzene. i do wonder if benzene is susceptible to being destroyed, broken into simpler and more common and easily disposed of molecules by ozone and peroxides??? if so, use of internal ozone and peroxide at some point in the day might be the answer to safe use of R-ALA at the same time providing the many other benefits of O3 & H2O2 in cleaning things up etc.

all that considered, i use (bulk chinese affordable to me) R/S ALA packed into OO caps twice daily which is somewhere over 300mg/cap. at the same time i use a 100mg cap of R-ALA along with it in each dose. the only R-ALA i could afford came from Nutrabulk. the Nutrabulk products are economical so they're likely to be of chinese mfgr and possibly inferior.i've not been using ozone or peroxide, or much in the way of the many other TCM herbs i have since starting LDN+Berkson last summer as i needed to see what happened without all the complication of the herbs. ozone/peroxide helps a lot for HCV management & symptoms on their own, and are very refreshing, so they would complicate being able to perceive what the LDN+berkson stuff are doing. it's now time to do a parasite cleanse and a series of liver cleanses, add the herbs and O3/H2O2 back in, take my CSilver dosing back up, add ozonated tetrasilver tetroxide (Ag4O4 before being ozonated) and throw my whole arsenal at the HCV including electromedicine and see what happens.

all these plans are of course contingent upon not getting put out on the street and being able to make a living, which is these hard times is a big stressful unknown with very negative prognosis... people gotta start spending money on the home improvement stuff i do for a living real soon lest all is lost.

From: low dose naltrexone [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of SturrSent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:49 PMpcalvert.rmCc: low dose naltrexone Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: ALA dosage

More on ALA and it's "R" form along with references.R-LipoicAcid%20Review.pdfpcalvert.rm wrote:

Large doses of ALA can also cause insomnia and heart problems (atrial fibrillation, heart palpitations)-- something to be aware of and watch out for.See:http://www.raysahelian.com/alphalipoicacid.htmlPhil--- In low dose naltrexone , smalk50@... wrote:>> Actually, it is best to have something to eat as the ALA might cause > hypoglycemia symptoms in some patients. > > nola Chris> > > > In a message dated 2/12/2010 12:43:06 P.M. Central Standard Time, > zahavi100@... writes:> > > 300-600 mg from a good brand like metabolic maintenance with b-complex > best on empty stomach half hour before meal or 2 hours after meal>