RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: CHOP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

That is what is wrong with the health care system in this country. He is SO secure in his knowledge that nobody can touch him because" they are ALL MIGHTY and can do what they like ", as he obviously understands the politics of all this and knows that it is very unlikely,( unless people start converting to alternative medicine in their droves and paying out of pocket as most insurance will not cover,) that people will stop wanting their supressive treatments.

Awful, His wife is well rid of him. Ugh

Re: CHOP

A warning about CHOP, or at least a department of CHOP: we met with the head of the allergy dept. there in May of this year, and he is one of the biggest morons I have ever met (will provide the name upon request via personal email). I took one of my twins there to find out about allergies from suspected foods and environmental allergens. He walked in to our room and the first thing he said, and in a VERY condescending tone, was, "Why are you even here?" (I guess he had just looked over his medical form that I filled out in the waiting room - under the medical issues section, I ofcourse filled out that he had ben dx'd with Hg poisoning). He continued to verbally assault me with comments like, "Look, I don't subscribe to ANY of this... I am an ALLOPATHIC DOCTOR... If your son had food allergies, he would either vomit, have a obvious skin rash, have an anaphlalatic attack, or die." I should have walked out right then and there, but I remained calm and gave it right back to him, telling him that he has behavioral changes when he eats certain foods, as well as the tell-tail sign of some sort of allergy from the dark circles under his eyes. He negated both theories, saying he had never heard of anything like that (!?!). I told him that I suspectd a gluten allergy, as I myself have been tested and found to be positive - a very strong postive allgery to gluten. He said "What the hell kind of doctor told you that? Just what kind of doctor are you seeing?" He added that, "If you had a gluten allgery you'd be in a lot of pain and bloated," to which I snottedly replied, "Well 6 months ago before I went gluten-free I looked 6 months pregnant and was in extreme pain when I ate wheat." Suddenly he became a little nicer, which brough on more bragging, and TMI about his personal life (his divorce, etc). I know, eye rolling.The whole visit, this doctor was extremely rude and pompous, touting himself as "the creater of the entire allergy dept at CHOP" and, "I used to do bench science but then I realized I could work less and get paid more with this job" (Was that at Merk, by chance? And maybe you could spend some of your free time reading up on allgeries...)He went on to prescribe 4 medications for my 8 yr old son, who after skin testing, was shown to be MILDLY allergic to grasses and trees. He refused to test for food allergies. And he also dx'd him with asthma due to a very VERY inaccurate assessment of his lungs. I was blown away with how quickly those rx's were written up and handed to me. I asked if they were safe to take all together, to which he replied, "Absolultely. No problem at all." We walked out of there looking like my child was elligible for a full-time respirator and oxygen tank in tow... the kid has *never* even had so much as even short-of-breath after running around, I kid you not!!! Obviously, I threw the rx's in the trash. My son doesn't have asthma, he doesn't even exhibit one symptom. I can't believe this guy is allowed to be practicing medicine. Not only is his bedside manner abhorrent, but his knowledge about his own field was obsolete. Take care,

• 1 year later...

I second Finette's warning about CHOP. Their best diagnostician knew my

daughter didn't have Lyme without a test- despite living & camping in Lyme

central, & what would be a Western blot from Quest that even our HMO couldn't

question. Their neurology department was so good that they assured me my

daughter's cataplexy was a psychiatric disorder & not narcolepsy. Because they

were the no.1 children's hospital in the country, they knew this without doing

the standard diagnositc tests or even consulting a psychiatrist. Now that takes

talent. Stay far away.

Sue