RemedySpot.com

just wondering.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It is true for me...very interesting study. I heard it could be from a traumatic childhood...which happens with alcoholic parents.

ruth Just wondering.....dominie > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to > find > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are > adult > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I > wonder if this > rings true here?> > - in KY> >

I myself came from a family with an alcoholic father and then went into a very abusive marriage and raised three practically by myself until their father and I were separated. So I have a very stressful background. I have felt myself that this was a major factor in my fibro. It probably rings true with most of you it seems.

Shirley Godbout

Just wondering... ..dominie@groups .com> I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to > find > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage.. ..they are > adult > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I > wonder if this > rings true here?> > - in KY> >

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

rings true here. mother, father, grandmother. 1st husband is active

alcoholic, boyfriend of 10 yrs after 1st husband was an alcoholic in

recovery, current husband drinks beer on the weekend, gets tipsy but

with my knowledge of alcoholism, i would not consider him an

alcoholic. I rarely drink. one approx. every 6 months

>

> I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find

> this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are

adult

> children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if this

> rings true here?

>

> - in KY

>

I didn't find out my dad was an alcoholic till I was 12 yrs old what a

surprise for me! and I was so angry.. that is weird about the info you share

about fibro!!!

Just wondering.....

>I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find

> this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are adult

> rings true here?

>

> - in KY

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I didn't find out my dad was an alcoholic till I was 12 yrs old

what a

> surprise for me! and I was so angry.. that is weird about the info

you share

> about fibro!!!

> Just wondering.....

>

>

> >I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find

> > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are

adult

> > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if

this

> > rings true here?

> >

> > - in KY

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

MY PARENTS WERE NOT ALCOHOLICS.Shirley Godbout <prywarr@...> wrote: I myself came from a family with an alcoholic father and then went into a very abusive marriage and raised three practically by myself until their father and I were separated. So I have a very stressful background. I have felt myself that this was a major factor in my fibro. It probably rings true with most of you it seems. Shirley Godbout Just wondering...

...dominie@groups .com> I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to > find > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage.. ..they are > adult > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I > wonder if this > rings true here?> > - in KY> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

my parents were not alcoholics very very abusive got the scars to prove it shelly <mkarenw@...> wrote: I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are adult children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if this rings true here?- in KY

My parents were not alcoholics but the father of my 3 children was an alcoholic and very verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive to me for the 7 years I stayed with him. Brecker <davidbrecker@...> wrote: my parents were not alcoholics very very abusive got the scars to prove it shelly <mkarenw@...> wrote: I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are adult children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if this rings true here?- in KY

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I, too, am an ACOA. My daughter has

symptoms, though, and she is not.

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007

10:40 AM

dominie

Subject: Just

wondering.....

I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was

surprised to find

this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are adult

children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if this

rings true here?

- in KY

--

it is true for me. both parents.

leah t.

- In dominie , " " <mkarenw@...> wrote:

>

adult

> rings true here?

>

> - in KY

>

>

adult

> rings true here?

>

> - in KY

>

Hi

I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an

alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful

past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a high

incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is

psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it is

caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but

have not heard of your theory before.

n in South Africa

Interesting connection... Although my parents had an ocassional " rum

and coke " at night, they weren't alcoholics.

~

> Just wondering.....

>

>

>I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find

adult

> children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if

this

> rings true here?

>

> - in KY

> >

> > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to

find

> > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are

> adult

> > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if

this

> > rings true here?

> >

> > - in KY

> >

> Hi

> I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an

> alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful

> past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a

high

> incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is

> psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it

is

> caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but

> have not heard of your theory before.

>

> n in South Africa

>

This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink. My

grandfather drank though...

Maybe the alcoholic parent study is just a Kentucky thing. Mmmm, something to think about. After all, Kentucky is known for It's bourbon!

-- Re: Just wondering.....

> >> > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are > adult > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if this > > rings true here?> > > > - in KY> >> Hi > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a high > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it is > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but > have not heard of your theory before.> > n in South Africa>This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink. My grandfather drank though...

I AM NOT SURE, THERE HAS TO BE A COMMON THREAD WITH FMS. WHETHER IT IS ALCOHOLIC PARENTS, OR TRAUMA OR REPEAT INJURIES OR CHRONIC EPSTEIN BARR. I HAD A O.M.T. TELL ME IT IS LIKE WHEN I WAS INJURIED, MY BODY WENT INTO A FIGHT OR FLIGHT STATE OF MIND AND NEVER STOPPED. THIS WOULD EXPLAIN THE OVERACHIEVER MENTALITY AND THE FEEL THE NEED TO KEEP ON KEEPING ON. I PUSH MYSELF TOO MUCH I KNOW, BUT I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO STOP THE TRAIN. I PAY FOR IT TOO. LOL. <mkarenw@...> wrote: Maybe the alcoholic parent study is just a Kentucky thing. Mmmm, something to think about. After all, Kentucky is known for It's bourbon! -- Re: Just wondering..... > >> > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are > adult > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if

this > > rings true here?> > > > - in KY> >> Hi > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a high > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it is > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but > have not heard of your theory before.> > n in South Africa>This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink. My grandfather drank though...

> > >

> > > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to

> find

> > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are

> > adult

> > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if

> this

> > > rings true here?

> > >

> > > - in KY

> > >

> > Hi

> > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with

an

> > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful

> > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a

> high

> > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who

is

> > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it

> is

> > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but

> > have not heard of your theory before.

> >

> > n in South Africa

> >

> This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink. My

> grandfather drank though...

>

I too believe there is a common thread. i also think it could be

something so simple that it is overlooked.

> > >

> > > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to

> find

> > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they

are

> > adult

> > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if

> this

> > > rings true here?

> > >

> > > - in KY

> > >

> > Hi

> > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with

an

> > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a

stressful

> > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a

> high

> > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who

is

> > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether

it

> is

> > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows,

but

> > have not heard of your theory before.

> >

> > n in South Africa

> >

> This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink. My

> grandfather drank though...

>

Another JUST WONDERING.....we all seem to be overachievers. I wonder how many of us are first born or only born?

-

-- Re: Just wondering.....

I too believe there is a common thread. i also think it could be something so simple that it is overlooked. > > >> > > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to > find > > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are > > adult > > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if > this > > > rings true here?> > > > > > - in KY> > >> > Hi > > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an > > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful > > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a > high > > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is > > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it > is > > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but > > have not heard of your theory before.> > > > n in South Africa> >> This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink My > grandfather drank though...>

over achiever, first born, I had a sick mother, i cared for her 5

kids and kept house and cooked dinner. at age 13, i was in high

school but was not able to participate in school actitivies as I had

to go home and care for the baby.

> > > >

> > > > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised

to

> > find

> > > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they

> are

> > > adult

> > > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder

if

> > this

> > > > rings true here?

> > > >

> > > > - in KY

> > > >

> > > Hi

> > > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one

with

> an

> > > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a

> stressful

> > > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not

a

> > high

> > > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine

who

> is

> > > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether

> it

> > is

> > > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows,

> but

> > > have not heard of your theory before.

> > >

> > > n in South Africa

> > >

> > This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink. My

> > grandfather drank though...

> >

>

I am a first born also. My dad left us (we later reconnected and I took care of him until he died this past May) and I was made to feel like I had to "take care" of my brother and sister and some times my mother. Rocky times hit when she married my step-dad who beat me so many times I lost count. I had a broken jaw and once, he "whipped" us with a rope and cause a blood vessel to look like a big varicose vein on my knee since. The dr's in Houston said that my past has caused the problem I had even back in 1996 and told me to quit harping on it. I don't even think about him anymore as far as hating him - I don't have that kind of energy.

I was even "nice to him" at my dad's celebration of life when he brought my mom down.

Re: Just wondering.....

over achiever, first born, I had a sick mother, i cared for her 5 kids and kept house and cooked dinner. at age 13, i was in high school but was not able to participate in school actitivies as I had to go home and care for the baby.> > > >> > > > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to > > find > > > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage.. ..they > are > > > adult > > > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if > > this > > > > rings true here?> > > > > > > > - in KY> > > >> > > Hi > > > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with > an > > > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a > stressful > > > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a > > high > > > incidence of it

in war zones. According to a friend of mine who > is > > > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether > it > > is > > > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, > but > > > have not heard of your theory before.> > > > > > n in South Africa> > >> > This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink. My > > grandfather drank though...> >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I am first born of two children.

Pam

Re: Just wondering.....

I too believe there is a common thread. i also think it could be something so simple that it is overlooked. > > >> > > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to > find > > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are > > adult > > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if > this > > > rings true here?> > > > > > - in KY> > >> > Hi > > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an > > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful > > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a > high > > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is > > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it > is > > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but > > have not heard of your theory before.> > > > n in South Africa> >> This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink My > grandfather drank though...>

First born. Overachiever. I, too, cared for my sisters a lot when

Mother would go to bed for 2-3 days with a migraine. I think I can remember

being “mother” to them as early as 10 years old.

I do have the alcoholic gene in both my parents’ families and my

father was an alcoholic.

Hall

middle child here... though highly active <mkarenw@...> wrote: Another JUST WONDERING.....we all seem to be overachievers. I wonder how many of us are first born or only born? - -- Re: Just wondering..... I too believe there is a common thread. i also think it

could be something so simple that it is overlooked. > > >> > > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to > find > > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are > > adult > > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if > this > > > rings true here?> > > > > > - in KY>

> >> > Hi > > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an > > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful > > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a > high > > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is > > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it > is > > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but > > have not heard of your theory before.> > > > n in South Africa> >> This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink My > grandfather drank though...>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I AM FIRST BORN AND WAS THE ONLY CHILD FOR AT LEAST 13 1/2 YRS. <mkarenw@...> wrote: Another JUST WONDERING.....we all seem to be overachievers. I wonder how many of us are first born or only born? - -- Re: Just wondering..... I too believe there is a common thread.

i also think it could be something so simple that it is overlooked. > > >> > > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to > find > > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are > > adult > > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if > this > > > rings true here?> > > > > >

- in KY> > >! ;> ; > Hi > > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an > > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful > > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a > high > > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is > > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it > is > > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but > > have not heard of your theory before.> > > > n in South Africa> >> This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink My > grandfather drank though...>

>

>

>

> First born. Overachiever. I, too, cared for my sisters a lot when

Mother

> would go to bed for 2-3 days with a migraine. I think I can

remember being

> " mother " to them as early as 10 years old.

>

>

>

> I do have the alcoholic gene in both my parents' families and my

father was

> an alcoholic.

>

>

>

> Hall

Wow!!! This is getting to be a very long thread, isn't it?

I am a firstborn,,both my parents drank a lot. I babysat all the

time from a very young age,,like 10 yrs old. I did all the chores,,

all the time.

My! don't we all have a lot in common?!!!! Stress, stress stress....

I was teased so much in school for having drinking parents,, and

being so poor. I will never forget that...

Soft Gentle Hugzzzz, Jennie

>