RemedySpot.com

just wondering.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hmm, I'd be interested in seeing more information on this if and when you get it. Both of my parents plus most of my relatives are or were at some time alcoholics - I know my parents have been in denial of this for some time but it is true, according to the definition. Sad too - it has been a great stress on me the past 2 years since I've been living with my folks for that long at the moment. WhitneyOn Dec 12, 2007 7:39 AM, <mkarenw@...> wrote:

I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find

this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are adult

children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if this

rings true here?

- in KY

-- Eat, sleep, dream and be the music!Life is short, live each day to its' fullest!Cave softly and leave no trace.Find a cure for chronic pain!Ask about The Purrfect Petsitter and Infinite Creations!

I agree with . I was in a series of 3 traumatic accidents all in the series of 2 years! Before that time,, I was very active all through my childhood, middle and high schools and junior college. I had accidents but none of the degree of the last three. I think my body was overloaded and was able to heal well from the first two but then after the 3rd, it just gave up and went into flight/flight mode and couldn't heal properly, let alone stop it's panic mode. To me this is the cause of both the Fibro and Myofascial Pain. The migraines that are now chronic was just an added bonus from two concussions from two of the accidents. Others I have talked to were involved in a series of traumatic accidents or abuses as well. That at least, seems to ring true for me as a definite cause and I bet stress on top of that is going to come out as a factor of the cause, as well as why so many of us continue to get worse, even though I was told that I wouldn't continue to get worse, even though I have. WhitneyOn Dec 13, 2007 8:22 AM, christina h. <christina-777@...> wrote:

I AM NOT SURE, THERE HAS TO BE A COMMON THREAD WITH FMS. WHETHER IT IS ALCOHOLIC PARENTS, OR TRAUMA OR REPEAT INJURIES OR CHRONIC EPSTEIN BARR. I HAD A O.M.T. TELL ME IT IS LIKE WHEN I WAS INJURIED, MY BODY WENT INTO A FIGHT OR FLIGHT STATE OF MIND AND NEVER STOPPED. THIS WOULD EXPLAIN THE OVERACHIEVER MENTALITY AND THE FEEL THE NEED TO KEEP ON KEEPING ON. I PUSH MYSELF TOO MUCH I KNOW, BUT I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO STOP THE TRAIN. I PAY FOR IT TOO. LOL.

<mkarenw@...> wrote:

Maybe the alcoholic parent study is just a Kentucky thing. Mmmm, something to think about. After all, Kentucky is known for It's bourbon!

-- Re: Just wondering.....

> >> > I did a little survey on my fibro clients and was surprised to find > > this one fact that rang true with a high percentage....they are > adult > > children of an alcoholic parent (myself included). I wonder if

this > > rings true here?> > > > - in KY> >> Hi > I know quite a few fibromites personally and dont know one with an > alcoholic parent, perhaps what they have in common is a stressful > past, but I dont think stress alone causes it, as there is not a high > incidence of it in war zones. According to a friend of mine who is > psychologist, it is the body saying it has had enough, whether it is > caused by stress, overwork, physical injuries etc. Who Knows, but > have not heard of your theory before.> > n in South Africa>This was new to me as well. Neither of my parents drink. My grandfather drank though...

-- Eat, sleep, dream and be the music!Life is short, live each day to its' fullest!Cave softly and leave no trace.Find a cure for chronic pain!Ask about The Purrfect Petsitter and Infinite Creations!

• 10 months later...

I often wonder if the doctors even care. I am a firm believer in working

to make money, yeah, it is good to love what you do but how many

doctors or for that many how many people actually CARE? VERY LONG

SENTENCE. I said all that to say this, " Are they, the doctors,

interested that we HURT? Maybe some find very good doctors, concerned

ones who do care but for the most part, I think we are being passed

through these clinics with enough information and medication to just

keep us coming back for a little more. I am getting very tired of

handing my money and the insurance money (though I don't personally

hand that over) to doctors who, if they care, don't seem to show it and

if they don't care, still don't mind accepting our hard earned