RemedySpot.com

Re: ignored epidemic?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey if anyone out there watches AS the World Turns (a soap) there is a woman on the show that has Hep C..Hopefully with all the publicity on it now we can get more help to fight this dragon...

So does Pam with the big b.....

Jannewilms43@... wrote:

Hey if anyone out there watches AS the World Turns (a soap) there is a woman on the show that has Hep C..Hopefully with all the publicity on it now we can get more help to fight this dragon...

I'll stick with Naomi Judd if I want a hepc role

model.

Sharon

--- imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

>

> I'd say, don't make Pamela your role

> model... :) -dz-

> debbie henning wrote:

> hello group

> speaking of big b... I saw her on a t.v. interview

> and she is going to wait to do treatment for at

> least 2 yrs. she hoping by then a newer treatment

> with less sides will be available ...I just wonder

> if it is wise to wait cause that gives me ideas to

> wait also what do you guys think????????

> Giglebut

> Darlene wrote:

> So does Pam with the big b.....

> Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hey if anyone out there

> watches AS the World Turns (a soap) there is a woman

> on the show that has Hep C..Hopefully with all the

> publicity on it now we can get more help to fight

> this dragon...

>

>

I have been on treatment for 7 month's now "over hafe way there". After 4 month's I was undected for Hep C. If I knew how hard the sides were then, I would of still went on treatment. By waiting for a better treatment that might come out "but also might not come out". You are risking more damage to the liver, I all ready have heavy scaring on the liver, don't need any more damage to the liver.

Terry

debbie henning wrote:

hello group speaking of big b... I saw her on a t.v. interview and she is going to wait to do treatment for at least 2 yrs. she hoping by then a newer treatment with less sides will be available ...I just wonder if it is wise to wait cause that gives me ideas to wait also what do you guys think???????? Giglebut Darlene wrote:

So does Pam with the big b..... Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hey if anyone out there watches AS the World Turns (a soap) there is a woman on the show that has Hep C..Hopefully with all the publicity on it now we can get more help to fight this dragon...

who said anything about a role model ..PLEASE..........I just asked if waiting would be or not to be a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imaganeer wrote:

I'd say, don't make Pamela your role model... :) -dz- debbie henning wrote:

hello group speaking of big b... I saw her on a t.v. interview and she is going to wait to do treatment for at least 2 yrs. she hoping by then a newer treatment with less sides will be available ...I just wonder if it is wise to wait cause that gives me ideas to wait also what do you guys think???????? Giglebut Darlene wrote:

So does Pam with the big b..... Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hey if anyone out there watches AS the World Turns (a soap) there is a woman on the show that has Hep C..Hopefully with all the publicity on it now we can get more help to fight this dragon...

I'm sorry. I knew better, but couldn't resist. :) -dz-

debbie henning wrote:

who said anything about a role model ..PLEASE..........I just asked if waiting would be or not to be a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imaganeer wrote:

apology excepted............But ..I wouldnt mind making the kind of money that she earns heee heee...............

imaganeer wrote:

I'm sorry. I knew better, but couldn't resist. :) -dz- debbie henning wrote:

who said anything about a role model ..PLEASE..........I just asked if waiting would be or not to be a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imaganeer wrote:

I think it depends on where you are in the disease

and in your life. It's a slow disease but if you

already have liver damage you may not want to wait.

Sharon

--- debbie henning <giglebutt2002@...> wrote:

>

> who said anything about a role model

> ..PLEASE..........I just asked if waiting would be

> or not to be a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of us would love to make that kind of money. What she make's in a day is more then I make in a day. But I wouldn't want her life style.

Terry

debbie henning wrote:

apology excepted............But ..I wouldnt mind making the kind of money that she earns heee heee............... imaganeer wrote:

Hello everyone

I have no idea why big b...wants to wait 2 years for a better treatment with less side effects!!!! Depending on what condition her liver is presently, by waiting 2 more years she is allowing the HCV continue to do further damage to her liver.

She really is a dumb blonde

debbie henning wrote:

The side's are not pleasant but they are livable. It sure beats having more damage done to the liver. I want to live to see my great grandkids & maybe my great great grandkids. So I will take treatment now.

Terry

Darlene wrote:

Hello everyone I have no idea why big b...wants to wait 2 years for a better treatment with less side effects!!!! Depending on what condition her liver is presently, by waiting 2 more years she is allowing the HCV continue to do further damage to her liver. She really is a dumb blonde debbie henning wrote:

yeah, She kinda lives in the fast lane ,I think kidd rock is to kidish for her but what do I know Ha!

Terry Long wrote:

Most of us would love to make that kind of money. What she make's in a day is more then I make in a day. But I wouldn't want her life style. Terry debbie henning wrote:

apology excepted............But ..I wouldnt mind making the kind of money that she earns heee heee............... imaganeer wrote:

yeah, She kinda lives in the fast lane ,I think kidd rock is to kidish for her but what do I know Ha!

Terry Long wrote:

Most of us would love to make that kind of money. What she make's in a day is more then I make in a day. But I wouldn't want her life style. Terry debbie henning wrote:

yeah, She kinda lives in the fast lane ,I think kidd rock is to kidish for her but what do I know Ha! Terry Long wrote:

you mean that isnt her true hair color? Shes not as down to earth as I thought (i'm not serious folks)

Darlene wrote:

Hello everyone I have no idea why big b...wants to wait 2 years for a better treatment with less side effects!!!! Depending on what condition her liver is presently, by waiting 2 more years she is allowing the HCV continue to do further damage to her liver. She really is a dumb blonde debbie henning wrote:

okay ..I decided that when my access number is available then I will be next in line to do the treatment........

Terry Long wrote:

The side's are not pleasant but they are livable. It sure beats having more damage done to the liver. I want to live to see my great grandkids & maybe my great great grandkids. So I will take treatment now. Terry Darlene wrote:

I'm generally happy with what I have. There are always material things I would like to have, but can't afford, but I manage. I try to remember that if money was no object, I would have probably been dead of a drug/alcohol overdose many years ago. God will see to it that I get what I need. -dz-

Terry Long wrote:

Most of us would love to make that kind of money. What she make's in a day is more then I make in a day. But I wouldn't want her life style. Terry

I felt the same way. I thought about not taking it. 48 weeks seemed SO long. But it's over with and instead of waiting for the next treatment to come along I am undetectable now. So for me it was the right decision. Being a generally slow progressing disease, there may be arguments for waiting, but I think I would only consider it if the treatment were already being tested and waiting for FDA approval, not waiting for a treatment that has not even been discovered yet. If you all recall, the pegylated interferon was being tested and used for a long time. It was supposed to be approved any time and it took well over a year before they got their act together. First they approved the pegylated interferon, but then it took months to get them to unbundle the rebetron from interferon so the peg could be given in combo. -dz-

Terry Long wrote:

The side's are not pleasant but they are livable. It sure beats having more damage done to the liver. I want to live to see my great grandkids & maybe my great great grandkids. So I will take treatment now. Terry Darlene wrote:

Good idea,we'll be there all the way.

Sharon

--- debbie henning <giglebutt2002@...> wrote:

>

> okay ..I decided that when my access number is

> available then I will be next in line to do the

> treatment........

> Terry Long

> wrote:

> The side's are not pleasant but they are livable.

> It sure beats having more damage done to the liver.

> I want to live to see my great grandkids & maybe my

> great great grandkids. So I will take treatment now.

>

> Terry

> Darlene wrote:

> Hello everyone

> I have no idea why big b...wants to wait 2 years for

> a better treatment with less side effects!!!!

> Depending on what condition her liver is presently,

> by waiting 2 more years she is allowing the HCV

> continue to do further damage to her liver.

> She really is a dumb blonde

> debbie henning wrote:

> who said anything about a role model

> ..PLEASE..........I just asked if waiting would be

> or not to be a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> imaganeer wrote:

> I'd say, don't make Pamela your role

> model... :) -dz-

> debbie henning wrote:

> hello group

> speaking of big b... I saw her on a t.v. interview

> and she is going to wait to do treatment for at

> least 2 yrs. she hoping by then a newer treatment

> with less sides will be available ...I just wonder

> if it is wise to wait cause that gives me ideas to

> wait also what do you guys think????????

> Giglebut

> Darlene wrote:

> So does Pam with the big b.....

> Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hey if anyone out there

> watches AS the World Turns (a soap) there is a woman

> on the show that has Hep C..Hopefully with all the

> publicity on it now we can get more help to fight

> this dragon...

>

>

And with all her money,she's still just like the rest

of us in that she has to fight the dragon. I saw a

picture of her without makeup once. She's really not

very pretty. It's all fake. But I'll bet she's just as

scared as any of us have been.

Sharon

--- imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

>

> I'm generally happy with what I have. There are

> always material things I would like to have, but

> can't afford, but I manage. I try to remember that

> if money was no object, I would have probably been

> dead of a drug/alcohol overdose many years ago. God

> will see to it that I get what I need. -dz-

> Terry Long

> wrote:

> Most of us would love to make that kind of money.

> What she make's in a day is more then I make in a

> day. But I wouldn't want her life style.

> Terry

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

>

After seeing thae picture of her with NO makeup, I know it takes a long time and a lot of makeup. Sharon --- Jannewilms43@... wrote: > Can you imagine how long it takes her to put her > face on and how bac her back > hurts!!!!!! >