RemedySpot.com

Homemade Laundry Soap

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>Homemade Laundry Detergent>-->--> -->>I have just recently started making my own laundry detergent. I really like the results. It is easy to make and very inexpensive! >--> -->>This basic recipe is floating all around the internet. But I found the one I was using very confusing to read and figure out so I rewrote it to make more sense to me! >--> -->>1/3 bar castile bar of soap or homemade goat milk soap – or whatever bar of soap you want

>½ cup washing soda – this is not baking soda, again it is usually located in the laundry aisle>

½ cup borax powder – again find it in the laundry section. >~You will also need a small bucket, about 2 gallon size~>--> -->>Grate the soap and put it in a sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat it until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from>heat. Pour 4 cups hot water into the bucket. Now add your soap mixture and stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and>it will gel.

FOR fabric softner put 1/2 cup to a cup .I use a cup if im trying to get smell out .>>=============================================================>> With tax season right around the corner, make sure to follow these few simple tips.

• 1 year later...

I saw this on another one of the groups I belong to and loved the thought so I had to share.

1 c. finely grated Fels Naphtha 1/2 c. washing soda (by Arm & Hammer but NOT baking soda)1/2 c. borax Can use food processor or even perhaps blender if cut into small

pieces & then blend; makes it even faster; simply mix well, & put into air tight container; use 1 T. for regular loads; 2 T for heavily soiled; the reason you use so little is that store bought ones are

full of fillers to make you think you are getting more for your $; & also chemicals which are very definitely NOT good for you or the water or earth. Lots more recipes on www.tipnut.com; If you have the funds

there are some kind of soap nuts that are

supposed to work very well; www.naturalnews.com;****if you have the funds & don't want to make

your own might find a person needing funds in this day & age willing to make for you; it costs $1.18 for Fels Naphtha; I have also used Ivory; don't use any soaps tho with oil; like Dove, or dial, anything

like that. The cost of Arm & Hammer washing soda was $3 & so was the Borax; the Fels Naphtha bar of soap made I believe 2 1/2 cups of grated soap; average cost per load maybe 3 cents or under; all

homemade soaps do not suds a lot; chemicals make it do that; but it works

fantastic!****instead of using dryer sheets if using dryer rather than line drying; simply put in a ball of tin foil; it prevents static cling.

-- " Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark. " Rabindranath TagoreDownload Our Toolbar:http://.OurOrganizationToolbar.com