RemedySpot.com

Re Miriam Bostwick

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Miriam Bostwick Published: Thursday, Sep 4, 2008 An author and ordained spiritualist min-ister, Miriam Bostwick devoted her life to helping bring comfort to others. The longtime Peta-luma resident died on Aug. 26, 2008 after a short illness. She was 81.Born and raised in Savannah, Ga., Mrs. Bostwick was the youngest of Irene and ’s nine children. She earned a degree in liberal arts from Armstrong College in Savannah, Ga., a bachelor’s degree in sociology from the American University in Washington, D.C. and graduated from the New York School of Social Work at Columbia University in New York. She later earned a master’s degree in social work from the University of California, Berkeley.“Her compassionate and sensitive nature led her on a lifelong spiritual path that began with a career in social services,” said her daughter, Angelique Fry. As a social worker, Mrs. Bostwick served in various capacities

in the Family Service Agency of Mobile, Ala., and San Francisco. She worked at Project 60 and then later as director of the Grandparents Program, where she worked to improve the lives of senior citizens and disadvantaged children. Mrs. Bostwick was a planning consultant for the Bay Area Social Planning Council and project director of the Junior Leagues of America. She was an active member of Serenity Church, where she found her true calling as a healer and medium. She was an ordained spiritualist minister and an author of four books on spiritual psychology: “The Conquering Soul,” “More On The Conquering Soul,” “What Goes On Beyond the Pearly Gates” and “Medita-tions to Empower Your Soul.”“She cared deeply about people and our animal friends,” said Fry. “Her last book, ‘Animal News From Heaven,’ was written to help bring comfort and understanding when a beloved pet dies. She was rarely without a cherished four-legged companion and worked to

expand animal rights and perceptions. She found joy in all forms of life and was often inspired by her own beautiful garden and the creatures that came to visit.”As an artist, Mrs. Bostwick worked on china and canvas, employing oil, pastel and watercolor techniques. She was a member of the Redwood Empire Porcelain Artists; and taught china painting for many years.Mrs. Bostwick is survived by her daughter, Angelique Fry of Petaluma; stepdaughter, Barber of Nashville, Tenn.; siblings, Cecelia Flowers of Brentwood Bay, Ga. and Irene Schiel and Greenway, both of Mobile, Ala. She was predeceased by her husband, E. Bostwick.Family and friends are invited to a celebration of life at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7 at Golden Gate Spiritualist Church, 1901 lin St. (at Clay), San Francisco.Donations in her memory may be made to the Petaluma Animal Shelter, Delta Fund, Humane Society of the United States or a favorite charity of

choice.Tell me and I'll forget Show me and I may remember Involve me and I'll understandsending healing and soulful messages from the angels of mystic I'm following the rainbow of love