RemedySpot.com

Nothing at All (a poem)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nothing At All

Behold, the syllables of sadness.Weeping tormented wordsescaping the pencil I holdbecause you are no longer held.

Oh the moment in time.The one my lonely longing mindgrasped in blindnessand labeled as ours.

This one memory-This picture of youburned into the back of my eyelidsstill finds you clearlyeach and every time I blink.

Each molecule which represented your essence,I still feel, taste, and hear.You flow through my blood totally,except for your heart,which you never gave.

The heart.The single thing of who we are.This of you I never knew,and at the time, didn't care.The intoxication of your beautyoverwhelmed my reasoning.

(Sigh) I realize this now.What should have happened didn't,and what didn't should have.Yet I miss you dearlyto this day,and tomorrow never comes.

My soul committed suicidejust to know and savorthe false religionheld in the moisture of your lipsand your breath,inhaled into my lungs.The warmth in your eyes...

All emotions ripped away,as I sit today in yesterday.Totally numb and void of feeling,except for the pain of not feeling pain.Tears for tears which no longer flow.A broken heart to fill my empty chest.Nothing now becomes everything.

Everything.A neon sigh of what never was,showing the world what I now am.Passing faces on crowded streetsasking what is wrong.My reply remains;“Nothing. Nothing at all”.

Randy