>

>

> Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device:

> http://mobile.msn.com

>

>

Guest guest

An increase in appetite can be the normal result of improved thyroid

function. Some people do gain weight when their appetite improves.

You might also be eating too many carbohydrates and not enough

protein and essential fats.

Celeste

wrote:

> I have a question for all: Does levothyroxin increase hunger? I

just wanna

> know because I've noticed that whenever i take it i would feel so

hungry i

> think i have even gained some weight while taking it

>

Guest guest

HELLO: Thanks a lot what i will do is that i will snack a little bit of

chicken when i get really hungry instead of carbs

Reply-hypothyroidism

hypothyroidism

Subject: Re: hunger question

Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:44:15 -0000

An increase in appetite can be the normal result of improved thyroid

function. Some people do gain weight when their appetite improves.

You might also be eating too many carbohydrates and not enough

protein and essential fats.

Celeste

wrote:

> I have a question for all: Does levothyroxin increase hunger? I

just wanna

> know because I've noticed that whenever i take it i would feel so

hungry i

> think i have even gained some weight while taking it

>

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com

Guest guest

I think you would be better served by snacking on something that has

both protein and fat in it . . . like cheese or peanuts. The fat will

keep you from feeling hungry again so soon.

Best wishes,

Celeste

wrote:

> HELLO: Thanks a lot what i will do is that i will snack a little

bit of

> chicken when i get really hungry instead of carbs

>

• 8 years later...
Guest guest

That all makes sense. Thank you! And, yes, I do drink lots of water. We have wonderful well water, and I even take it in steel drink canisters into restaurants with me to drink.

Hunger question Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 12:26 PM

I made & ate a fairly hearty soup on Monday, a smoothie on Tuesday, and just had a bowl of reheated soup that was left from Monday. All three times, I was hungry when I ate, ate enough to "feel" full, but....

All three times, I noticed that AS I was eating I was actually getting hunger pains as if I was starving. It is about 45 minutes now, since I had that large bowl of soup, and I feel as if I had not eaten at all.

Is this normal? Is this some phenomenon that others have experienced when making a sudden change to high volume (comparatively) raw fruits and veggies?

Or am I just an oddball? LOL

Teri

Guest guest

Lucky gal with the well water! My city water sucks, and I won't cook with it or drink it. I make my poor ex hubby haul me over several 5 gallon jugs a week, which I keep on a dispenser, lol. I have a filter, but filters only remove the SMELL of chlorine, not the chlorine itself, so I made a deal with the ex that I got custody of the water, lol. I did a test a couple of times, starting some sprouts at the same time and watering them-one tray with filtered city water, and one with his well water. The filtered water ones dies, the well water ones thrived-proof enough for me! Now...if I could just get him to haul me enough to wash my hair in...

From: Teri Kuiper <usborne@...>Subject: Hunger question Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 12:26 PM

I made & ate a fairly hearty soup on Monday, a smoothie on Tuesday, and just had a bowl of reheated soup that was left from Monday. All three times, I was hungry when I ate, ate enough to "feel" full, but....

All three times, I noticed that AS I was eating I was actually getting hunger pains as if I was starving. It is about 45 minutes now, since I had that large bowl of soup, and I feel as if I had not eaten at all.

Is this normal? Is this some phenomenon that others have experienced when making a sudden change to high volume (comparatively) raw fruits and veggies?

Teri

Guest guest

Actually I feel very full for a long time after eating the vm soups or smoothies.

karen

-- Hunger question

Teri

Guest guest

Hello Teri,I struggled with weight and hunger all of my life until I started eating according to the diet plan I got after taking the metabolic typing quiz. https://www.metabolictypingonline.com/default.aspxI COMPLETELY get what you are saying. I was always STARVING ALL DAY LONG. ALWAYS.The guidelines recommended in the diet plan go against EVERYTHING my heart and mind wants to eat. My fruits and veggies are severely limited, and I'm supposed to eat more high purine meats than I can stand. I didn't want to even try the diet, but I had been feeling SO BAD and I've tried every single "healthy eating plan" out there that you could imagine, so I tried to wrap my brain around the idea that for people who are "fast oxidizers / para-sympathetic dominant" (such as myself) eating this way alkalizes rather than acidifies the blood (this what the Metabolic Typing practitioners teach). I figured that I could "give the diet a try". Well the results of "giving it a try" is that I've NEVER IN MY LIFE gone through days without a raging hunger like I have after being on this diet. Food finally gives me energy instead of causing my heart to pound and making me suffer mid-afternoon slumps. I never want to go back to being hungry and tired all of the time.What I especially like about this concept is that they don't tell you that ONE PARTICULAR DIET is the PERFECT diet for EVERYONE… They use questionnaires, hair tests, and blood-glucose tolerance tests to rationally determine how YOUR individual body metabolizes macro nutrients. My brain wishes that I was a slow oxidizer / sympathetic dominant (I'd get to eat LOTS of fruits and veggies), but I can honestly say that I've NEVER had food give me energy and sate my hunger like the diet plan appropriate for my metabolic type does and I won't go back to feeling tired and hungry all of the time...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 30, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Teri Kuiper wrote:

Teri

Guest guest

So, what does a day of food in the life of Lee Ann look like? I'm just so darn curious about this, but so hesitant to pay the money to do the testing.FrannyOn Mar 30, 2011, at 1:25 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Hello Teri,I struggled with weight and hunger all of my life until I started eating according to the diet plan I got after taking the metabolic typing quiz. https://www.metabolictypingonline.com/default.aspxI COMPLETELY get what you are saying. I was always STARVING ALL DAY LONG. ALWAYS.The guidelines recommended in the diet plan go against EVERYTHING my heart and mind wants to eat. My fruits and veggies are severely limited, and I'm supposed to eat more high purine meats than I can stand. I didn't want to even try the diet, but I had been feeling SO BAD and I've tried every single "healthy eating plan" out there that you could imagine, so I tried to wrap my brain around the idea that for people who are "fast oxidizers / para-sympathetic dominant" (such as myself) eating this way alkalizes rather than acidifies the blood (this what the Metabolic Typing practitioners teach). I figured that I could "give the diet a try". Well the results of "giving it a try" is that I've NEVER IN MY LIFE gone through days without a raging hunger like I have after being on this diet. Food finally gives me energy instead of causing my heart to pound and making me suffer mid-afternoon slumps. I never want to go back to being hungry and tired all of the time.What I especially like about this concept is that they don't tell you that ONE PARTICULAR DIET is the PERFECT diet for EVERYONE… They use questionnaires, hair tests, and blood-glucose tolerance tests to rationally determine how YOUR individual body metabolizes macro nutrients. My brain wishes that I was a slow oxidizer / sympathetic dominant (I'd get to eat LOTS of fruits and veggies), but I can honestly say that I've NEVER had food give me energy and sate my hunger like the diet plan appropriate for my metabolic type does and I won't go back to feeling tired and hungry all of the time...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Teri

Guest guest

I heard this online, I'm not sure if its true, but it makes sense to me....When

you start eating more nutritious food, your body that was starving for vitamins

and nutrients is so happy that it wants more and more, so at first you are very

hungry and eat you more than usual....but after a short time your body is

satisfied once it gets used to all the vitamins/nutrients so you are eventually

LESS hungry and thus eat less. That's supposed to be when your grocery bill

gets better, because although you are spending more on high quality organic

nutritious food, you eat less quantity than you ate on the pesticide

filled/nutrition depleted SAD diet.

Feel free to correct me anyone, if I am misinformed on the above theory, as I

heard it from someone online on a nutritional website (forgot who said it and

what site though).

Kim

>

> I made & ate a fairly hearty soup on Monday, a smoothie on Tuesday, and just

had a bowl of reheated soup that was left from Monday. All three times, I was

hungry when I ate, ate enough to " feel " full, but....

>

> All three times, I noticed that AS I was eating I was actually getting hunger

pains as if I was starving. It is about 45 minutes now, since I had that large

bowl of soup, and I feel as if I had not eaten at all.

>

> Is this normal? Is this some phenomenon that others have experienced when

making a sudden change to high volume (comparatively) raw fruits and veggies?

> Or am I just an oddball? LOL

> Teri

>

Guest guest

Well, right now it is pretty darn restrictive, but mostly because of ME. I tend to be the kind of person who prefers to fix and eat the same foods over and over again (remember, I'm the lazy one who doesn't like to be in the kitchen :-) And I have found that my insulin response system is really out of whack and I react strongly to most carbs (with drops in energy and hypoglycemia). I will post more detail about what I've been eating (it's Spring Break and I've got to go do some fun stuff with the kids) but I found a link to what is very close to the diet that I got after the test: http://www.meta-typing.com/WL%20UP.htm (I'm a group II)Sorry so short - I'll elaborate later...

On Mar 30, 2011, at 2:35 PM, Franny Lesniak wrote:

So, what does a day of food in the life of Lee Ann look like? I'm just so darn curious about this, but so hesitant to pay the money to do the testing.FrannyOn Mar 30, 2011, at 1:25 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Teri

Guest guest

Sounds reasonable to me! If you start listening to your body and giving it what it NEEDS, instead of what your brain says it WANT, no doubt there will be some subtle and not so subtle hints to pay attention to. Learning to listen to my body is the smartest thing I have ever done, paying attention with instinct, rather than a pre-conditioned brain!From: Kim Bassett <ke_bassett@...>Subject: Re: Hunger question Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 2:39 PM

I heard this online, I'm not sure if its true, but it makes sense to me....When you start eating more nutritious food, your body that was starving for vitamins and nutrients is so happy that it wants more and more, so at first you are very hungry and eat you more than usual....but after a short time your body is satisfied once it gets used to all the vitamins/nutrients so you are eventually LESS hungry and thus eat less. That's supposed to be when your grocery bill gets better, because although you are spending more on high quality organic nutritious food, you eat less quantity than you ate on the pesticide filled/nutrition depleted SAD diet.

Feel free to correct me anyone, if I am misinformed on the above theory, as I heard it from someone online on a nutritional website (forgot who said it and what site though).

Kim

>

> I made & ate a fairly hearty soup on Monday, a smoothie on Tuesday, and just had a bowl of reheated soup that was left from Monday. All three times, I was hungry when I ate, ate enough to "feel" full, but....

>

> All three times, I noticed that AS I was eating I was actually getting hunger pains as if I was starving. It is about 45 minutes now, since I had that large bowl of soup, and I feel as if I had not eaten at all.

>

> Is this normal? Is this some phenomenon that others have experienced when making a sudden change to high volume (comparatively) raw fruits and veggies?

> Teri

>

Guest guest

When I first started eating these smoothies, I really craved them. Can't remember how long, but it seemed like almost a week. One night I laid in bed THINKING about them. But that did pass. Lol

k

-- Re: Hunger question

I heard this online, I'm not sure if its true, but it makes sense to me....When you start eating more nutritious food, your body that was starving for vitamins and nutrients is so happy that it wants more and more, so at first you are very hungry and eat you more than usual....but after a short time your body is satisfied once it gets used to all the vitamins/nutrients so you are eventually LESS hungry and thus eat less. That's supposed to be when your grocery bill gets better, because although you are spending more on high quality organic nutritious food, you eat less quantity than you ate on the pesticide filled/nutrition depleted SAD diet.

Feel free to correct me anyone, if I am misinformed on the above theory, as I heard it from someone online on a nutritional website (forgot who said it and what site though).

Kim

>

> I made & ate a fairly hearty soup on Monday, a smoothie on Tuesday, and just had a bowl of reheated soup that was left from Monday. All three times, I was hungry when I ate, ate enough to "feel" full, but....

>

> All three times, I noticed that AS I was eating I was actually getting hunger pains as if I was starving. It is about 45 minutes now, since I had that large bowl of soup, and I feel as if I had not eaten at all.

>

> Is this normal? Is this some phenomenon that others have experienced when making a sudden change to high volume (comparatively) raw fruits and veggies?

> Teri

>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

I'm glad to hear you are still doing well on it Lea Ann.  I know I am very hungry with any type of carb.  I would be very hungry if I ate only veggies and fruits.  Protein seems to fuel me, and I get tired of it too!  I do need veggies and do well with them, especially if I get plenty of protein.  I absolutely believe people are different and need different foods to feel well, lose weight, etc.  

I still feel hungry a lot, even when I get plenty of protein, but it is definitely less than it would be.  And part of my problem is that I get sick of the one food I had energy to make, and don't have the energy to make more.  (I definitely have a lot more health issues to figure out still.)  I know that adrenal fatigue, immune issues, and insulin issues can go hand in hand though, and that might be a big key to why we, in particular, need to be careful with our blood sugar levels.

You are piquing my interest with this diet. :)  I am going to check out this new link. On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Well, right now it is pretty darn restrictive, but mostly because of ME.  I tend to be the kind of person who prefers to fix and eat the same foods over and over again (remember, I'm the lazy one who doesn't like to be in the kitchen :-)  And I have found that my insulin response system is really out of whack and I react strongly to most carbs (with drops in energy and hypoglycemia).  

I will post more detail about what I've been eating (it's Spring Break and I've got to go do some fun stuff with the kids) but I found a link to what is very close to the diet that I got after the test:  http://www.meta-typing.com/WL%20UP.htm  (I'm a group II)

Sorry so short - I'll elaborate later...

Blessings,

Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

))><'>www..com<:)))><

On Mar 30, 2011, at 2:35 PM, Franny Lesniak wrote:

So, what does a day of food in the life of Lee Ann look like? I'm just so darn curious about this, but so hesitant to pay the money to do the testing.Franny

On Mar 30, 2011, at 1:25 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Hello Teri,I struggled with weight and hunger all of my life until I started eating according to the diet plan I got after taking the metabolic typing quiz.  https://www.metabolictypingonline.com/default.aspx

I COMPLETELY get what you are saying.  I was always STARVING ALL DAY LONG.    ALWAYS.The guidelines recommended in the diet plan go against EVERYTHING my heart and mind wants to eat.  My fruits and veggies are severely limited, and I'm supposed to eat more high purine meats than I can stand.  I didn't want to even try the diet, but I had been feeling SO BAD and I've tried every single " healthy eating plan " out there that you could imagine, so I tried to wrap my brain around the idea that for people who are " fast oxidizers / para-sympathetic dominant " (such as myself) eating this way alkalizes rather than acidifies the blood (this what the Metabolic Typing practitioners teach).  I figured that I could " give the diet a try " .  Well the results of " giving it a try " is that I've NEVER IN MY LIFE gone through days without a raging hunger like I have after being on this diet.  Food finally gives me energy instead of causing my heart to pound and making me suffer mid-afternoon slumps.  I never want to go back to being hungry and tired all of the time.

What I especially like about this concept is that they don't tell you that ONE PARTICULAR DIET is the PERFECT diet for EVERYONE…  They use questionnaires, hair tests, and blood-glucose tolerance tests to rationally determine how YOUR individual body metabolizes macro nutrients.  My brain wishes that I was a slow oxidizer / sympathetic dominant (I'd get to eat LOTS of fruits and veggies), but I can honestly say that I've NEVER had food give me energy and sate my hunger like the diet plan appropriate for my metabolic type does and I won't go back to feeling tired and hungry all of the time... 

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

))><'>www..com<:)))><

I made & ate a fairly hearty soup on Monday, a smoothie on Tuesday, and just had a bowl of reheated soup that was left from Monday.  All three times, I was hungry when I ate, ate enough to " feel " full, but....

All three times, I noticed that AS I was eating I was actually getting hunger pains as if I was starving.  It is about 45 minutes now, since I had that large bowl of soup, and I feel as if I had not eaten at all.

Is this normal?  Is this some phenomenon that others have experienced when making a sudden change to high volume (comparatively) raw fruits and veggies?

Or am I just an oddball?  LOL

Teri

Guest guest

My experience would back up what has been suggested about your body

wanting more of the good nutrients at first and then it evening out

a bit and you needing less.  A couple of months ago I changed over

to having a LOT more veggies and fruit, and reducing my grain intake

a lot.  I've been vegetarian for over 20 yrs, and was about 90%

vegan before this change, but did have a lot of grains.  I can't

remember if I felt hungrier then usual at first, although I did eat

big serves and also I changed over gradually - just added green

smoothies for breakfast at first, and gradually changed my other

meals.

Anyway, after doing this for a couple of months, I do find that I

need a lot less food then I ever have before - I just don't get

hungry as much.  Nicely, without even trying, I've gradually started

to enjoy salad a lot more and to really dislike fatty foods.  I've

never been that great with eating large salads - always preferred

cooked veg and often ones done with lots of oil or served with lots

of carb.  Now, I find it really easy to eat a big salad.  I'm sure

that was brought about through starting with the green smoothies. 

But you asked about hunger - I am definitely not getting as hungry

as I use to and not needing nearly as much food.

Fiona

On 31/03/2011 4:55 PM, Kimble wrote:

I'm glad to hear you are still doing well on it Lea Ann.

I know I am very hungry with any type of carb.  I would

be very hungry if I ate only veggies and fruits.  Protein

seems to fuel me, and I get tired of it too!  I do need

veggies and do well with them, especially if I get plenty

of protein.  I absolutely believe people are different and

need different foods to feel well, lose weight, etc.  

I still feel hungry a lot, even when I get plenty of

protein, but it is definitely less than it would be.  And

part of my problem is that I get sick of the one food I

had energy to make, and don't have the energy to make

more.  (I definitely have a lot more health issues to

figure out still.)  I know that adrenal fatigue, immune

issues, and insulin issues can go hand in hand though, and

that might be a big key to why we, in particular, need to

be careful with our blood sugar levels.

You are piquing my interest with this diet. :)  I am

going to check out this new link. 

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM,

Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...>

wrote:

Well, right now it is pretty darn restrictive, but

mostly because of ME.  I tend to be the kind of

person who prefers to fix and eat the same foods

over and over again (remember, I'm the lazy one who

doesn't like to be in the kitchen :-)  And I have

found that my insulin response system is really out

of whack and I react strongly to most carbs (with

drops in energy and hypoglycemia).  

I will post more detail about what I've been

eating (it's Spring Break and I've got to go do

some fun stuff with the kids) but I found a link

to what is very close to the diet that I got after

the test:  http://www.meta-typing.com/WL%20UP.htm

(I'm a group II)

Sorry so short - I'll elaborate later...

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088

(home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

On Mar 30, 2011, at 2:35 PM, Franny

Lesniak wrote:

So, what does a day of food in the