RemedySpot.com

Re: rice-Chinese restaurants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'd say pretty much nothing is safe, since soy sauce is used liberally in most recipes. Thai and Indian are much safer bets. (There is soy sauce in some Thai foods, but I've found they will make recipes for me holding the soy sauce, and the flavor is still wonderful.)

In a message dated 9/28/08 1:11:31 PM, bronwyn@... writes:

but, what else is there to eat in a chinese restaurant that is safe - other than steamed rice, which I can easily do at home..

**************Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators. (http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)

Yes, that's what I've found. At a very well-run Chinese restaurant in the Marina in SF, a sympathetic waitress went through the menu to tell me which dishes were GF. She was in training as a dietician and had a brother with CD, so I really trusted her knowledge. Still, I got sick, every time. I thought it was coincidence, just illness of some sort. Then I got a waitress at that restaurant who was a nurse. She told me that ALL the dishes were prepped with soy sauce/seasoning before the restaurant even opened for the dinner hour! There was no way I could eat anything there but plain rice or vegetables they would slice and steam for me from scratch. Darn, I loved that restaurant.

Also in the Marina, I've had good luck with take-out from a Thai restaurant on Lombard. Its name escapes me just now -- it's on the south side of Lombard, about at St. I keep a lot of Thai Kitchen condiments on hand to liven up the dishes after they get to my house.

H.

In a message dated 9/28/08 1:16:48 PM, TrVerb@... writes:

I'd say pretty much nothing is safe, since soy sauce is used liberally in most recipes. Thai and Indian are much safer bets. (There is soy sauce in some Thai foods, but I've found they will make recipes for me holding the soy sauce, and the flavor is still wonderful.)

**************Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators. (http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)

Ok, we're back to the beginning - that's what I thought - and I feel better about missing chinese for the last few years :) For a moment there, I thought I'd missed out on takeaway chinese for no good reason.

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of TrVerb@...Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 1:16 PM Subject: Re: [ ] rice-Chinese restaurants

I'd say pretty much nothing is safe, since soy sauce is used liberally in most recipes. Thai and Indian are much safer bets. (There is soy sauce in some Thai foods, but I've found they will make recipes for me holding the soy sauce, and the flavor is still wonderful.)In a message dated 9/28/08 1:11:31 PM, bronwyn@... writes:

but, what else is there to eat in a chinese restaurant that is safe - other than steamed rice, which I can easily do at home..**************Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.(http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)