RemedySpot.com

expectations of family/friends pls

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tristan,Just my 2 cents on the subject. I have CD and I am a vegetarian (but I eat fish) and I am a diabetic. So when I go to friends houses I either eat before hand or I tell the host/hostess (if I know them personally) about my food issues. I also tell them that they DO NOT have to go out of their way to cater to my needs that I will be sure to have enough to eat.Otherwise I don't go to events where there is going to be food and I know I will have problems. But like everyone else has said - caterers do understand food allergies and are willing to help. I cater two golf tournaments with lunch & dinner buffets twice a year. I tell the caterers to be sure to have a veggie dish and specifically for me a gluten free

veggie dish. They are more than happy to make the dishes and they don't charge extra for that.So sorry to hear that your in-laws have issues with your food allergy. I would just let it go, as I have found it sometimes next to impossible to educate stubborn people. But always stand up for yourself. You aren't being selfish - you are guarding your life. Melita-