RemedySpot.com

Sauce and Burger Joint- SF

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All

Just wanted to pass on some additional restaurant choices for SF-.

Last night we ate at Sauce, in Valley on Gough and Oak. The waitress was really nice about talking to the chef about GF options; I shared fabulous bacon wrapped scallops with my husband as an appetizer. I had mushroom bisque and a sweet beet salad as my entrees. Both were fabulous! My husband had prosciutto wrapped salmon with risotto, also gluten free. Good place for a nice dinner out. I think the menu changes seasonally; I would call before going to check in about GF options.

Also, just finished eating at Burger Joint on Haight (there is also one on Valencia in the Mission). Their menu consists only of burgers, chicken and fries so I always just get a cheeseburger without a bun and fries. I've never had a reaction there.

Just FYI. :)

Hi,Am wondering how sensitive you are to gluten--I have had reactions to places others haven't. How good are they at not having CC--do you know?BeaFrom: Tom <michellesf5589@...>Subject: [ ] Sauce and Burger Joint- SF Date: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 6:40 PM

Hi All

Last night we ate at Sauce, in Valley on Gough and Oak. The waitress was really nice about talking to the chef about GF options; I shared fabulous bacon wrapped scallops with my husband as an appetizer. I had mushroom bisque and a sweet beet salad as my entrees. Both were fabulous! My husband had prosciutto wrapped salmon with risotto, also gluten free. Good place for a nice dinner out. I think the menu changes seasonally; I would call before going to check in about GF options.

Also, just finished eating at Burger Joint on Haight (there is also one on Valencia in the Mission). Their menu consists only of burgers, chicken and fries so I always just get a cheeseburger without a bun and fries. I've never had a reaction there.

Hi Bea

I'm pretty sensitive to gluten but I don't know how well these places do with CC- from what I can see, the buns are in a completely different area from the burgers and fries at Burger Joint. We eat there quite a bit.

As far as Sauce, I'm not sure about CC. I didn't ask.

From: Tom <michellesf5589>Subject: [ ] Sauce and Burger Joint- SF Date: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 6:40 PM

Hi All