RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Prism glasses and panic attack

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jeri, my post-op experience has been x-rays, plus a CT scan for the 1-year follow-up. No more MRIs.

In preparation for the surgery I had an MRI and a CT/myelogram. The MRI was hard to lie through, and didn't really show all that needed to be seen because of artifacts from my Harrington rod. For the myelogram, the radiologist had a very hard time getting the needle into my degenerated L5-S1 joint, so for me it was worse than the MRI. Not to scare you -- everyone's experience is different -- but this was my experience.

If you do have an MRI you can call the radiology place ahead of time to get the details regarding mirror, music, prism glasses, etc. It might also be possible to shop around for an easier experience.

Sharon

[ ] Re: Prism glasses and panic attack

The MRI machine I had was made of the same material throughout the tunnel... with the tube just an inch or two (ok, maybe 3-4") above my nose. It would have been VERY helpful to have had the prism glasses so I could examine my feet during the 45 minute procedure!I didn't start panicking until about 30 min into it. I never screamed or asked to get out, but I came very close to it. The staff talked to me often enough that I didn't quite go over the edge.Before I buy prism glasses, I'll make sure they're plastic.Question: In your experience -- is it usual to have a follow-up MRI? (after surgery)Thanks! Jeri> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Jeri,> > > > > > > > > > > > I have has 2 revisions, one I went to rehab for one day > and > > > > night, > > > > > hated it and asked to go home, and Kumar let me. The second > > one > > > I > > > > > went home after a week in the hospital. Mind you I had > three > > > spinal > > > > > surgeries in 2 calendar years, so I knew what to do and > what > > > not to > > > > > do, had a good support system at home, help with meals from > > my > > > > > church, and people who came in to sit with me during the > day > > > while > > > > > hubby was at work and kids at school. I was realitivly in > > good > > > > shape, > > > > > not other medical problems, and at 43 realitivly young. For > > me > > > as I > > > > > went along having the surgeries, my body knew what it felt > > > like , > > > > and > > > > > so for me it was easier as I went along, my worst surgery > > being > > > my > > > > > decompression, which was more painful, and too Kumar got > > better > > > > with > > > > > controling my pain as we went along. Some may really need > > > rehab, I > > > > > was very lucky to have a ton of support, if you don't, and > > have > > > > other > > > > > medical problems, Rehab is a good idea.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Snowy Colorado Springs> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>