RemedySpot.com

Testing for CD or Gluten intolerance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

so i am having a stigmascopy done this monday and am very nervous...I have asked my doctor to test me for gluten intolerance and celiac disease...hes hesitant to test me for CD because he says i am not malnourished...my blood work and stool samples have come back ok, so will this endoscopy be able to recognize anything? How do people normally get tested for CD?

Gee Zee Cakes

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?... From nne on - "Return to Love"

From: Wallace <AWallace@...>Subject: RE: [ ] Continuing symptoms Date: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 9:54 AM

I probably took me 3 years to feel like I figured it out. This month marks my 4th year of being diagnosed a Celiac. Over those first 3 years it was a lot of trial and error! I went through phases of cutting out dairy then bringing it back, not eating shellfish or nuts, then bringing them back, I even went vegan for a year b/c I wanted to start with the basics. I am now peanut free, soy free, corn free (and of course wheat/gluten free.) I don’t eat meat or chicken or shellfish. I do eat eggs and fish. And as for nuts, I can only tolerate almonds and walnuts. Regarding dairy I eat lactose free or a lot of yogurt products and do well with most cheese. I don’t touch milk as a drink or in cereal and don’t go near ice cream, but I can tolerate a little half-n-half in coffee

or frozen yogurt. I even figured out that blue dye in foods irritated me. It sounds overwhelming, but I just would take note when I would feel the worst and played around until I found something that worked. I finally feel good, I avoid processed foods as much as possible and eat organic, it works for me. I’m sure each of us has regimens that taper to our own needs.

I think the thing that helped me the most was understanding CC. I have my own set of pots and pans (the household I live in is not GF, im the only one) and I constantly wipe down counters at home, work or a friends house. I don’t frequent many restaurants (I also got the sickest after a bite out to eat.)

I hope you feel better or figure out what is making you feel ill!

-

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:02 AM Subject: [ ] Continuing symptoms

I was diagnosed with celiac in December of 2006. After almost 20 months on a gluten free diet, I have to admit I don't feel a whole lot better than I did before my diagnosis. I certainly haven't experienced the dramatic changes that a lot of other celiacs have described. In fact, I'm starting to suspect a mis-diagnosis. I was curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. Have any of you found cutting other foods out of your diet in addition to gluten helped bring about a dramatic change in how you feel?-- Groovy SquaredE-mail: keith@groovysquared .comMobile : (650)799-2665