RemedySpot.com

Re: Alcohol and gluten and immune boosters

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I very much hope that you'll talk with your child's doctor -- I assume he or she is truly knowledgeable about autoimmune disorders -- about this treatment.

First, as Bea points out, people with autoimmune disorders have overactive immune systems.

Second, herbal remedies for anyone must be examined very carefully, as some can cause severe liver damage, even liver failure. For a child, this importance is even greater; their systems are innately different, aside from their smaller size.

Third, I'm very doubtful of the safety of giving a child any alcohol-based medication.

Best wishes.

H.

**************Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news & more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=http://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)

By the way, for folks like us who have celiac, we already have overactive immune systems. The thing is to support it and in some instances calm it down. Liver and lymphatic cleansing and emmolient and nervine herbs are good (like Dandelion, cleavers, marshmallow root and chamomile), whereas immune stimulants (like Ginseng and even and Burdock) are actually harmful to us. Thus it is my understanding it is best for us to please avoid anything that is an immune stimulant, no matter how great the herbs or whatever seem, especially for a child at that. BeaFrom: TrVerb@... <TrVerb@...>Subject: Re: [ ] Alcohol and gluten Date: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 9:41 AM

I agree with that you shouldn't give any product that contains alcohol to your child; the presence of alcohol indicates it is an adult product (even if for some reason they give dosage information for children).

As for the nature of the alcohol and whether it is gf or not, I would feel safe in believing it is distilled alcohol, which the medical community agrees is gf, though some on this listserv have had reactions to distilled alcohol (not clear whether because it had traces of gluten or for some other reason, however).

In any case, there must be an immune booster that doesn't contain alcohol!

Best,

Tristan