RemedySpot.com

RE: Question from newly diagnosed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First of all, welcome! I'm glad you've found this listserv, which is a wonderful resource for information.

I was diagnosed back in March, and hadn't had any gi symptoms until after I was gluten free about a month. Then I experienced terrible stomach cramps. I attributed this to the all the vitamins my doctor had prescribed. After I started parcelling them out throughout the day, rather than taking them all at once after breakfast, the cramps stopped and haven't returned.

If it's not vitamins for you, I have heard that often after going gf you'll find you are super sensitive to lactose. Apparently this sensitivity might go away after you've had time to heal. I bet you'll hear from others about this.

Good luck!

Tristan

In a message dated 12/2/08 7:31:24 PM, robin@... writes:

I was diagnosed just three weeks ago, was asymptomatic for the most

part except for anemia. I've been totally clean, gluten free for

three weeks now. Never in my life have I ever experienced a gassy

stomach after eating until now, is there any correlation between being

GF and a gassy stomach? Also I may be experiencing this after eating

milk products and was never lactose intolerant. Any feedback is

appreciated!

**************Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)

Thank you for your feedback! I do not take vitamins, although I probably should as I know I am not absorbing nutrients. I take a strong iron supplement three times a day and I know this is not the source as I was off of it for a couple days. Interesting about the G and sensitivity to lactose, it will be interesting to hear from others! I appreciate ALL the wonderful foods I CAN eat, not a bad disease to live WITH. A little emotional the first couple weeks, now I'm fine!Thank you again.On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:27 PM, TrVerb@... wrote:First of all, welcome! I'm glad you've found this listserv, which is a wonderful resource for information.I was diagnosed back in March, and hadn't had any gi symptoms until after I was gluten free about a month. Then I experienced terrible stomach cramps. I attributed this to the all the vitamins my doctor had prescribed. After I started parcelling them out throughout the day, rather than taking them all at once after breakfast, the cramps stopped and haven't returned. If it's not vitamins for you, I have heard that often after going gf you'll find you are super sensitive to lactose. Apparently this sensitivity might go away after you've had time to heal. I bet you'll hear from others about this.Good luck!TristanIn a message dated 12/2/08 7:31:24 PM, robinkarpfamily4 writes:I was diagnosed just three weeks ago, was asymptomatic for the mostpart except for anemia. I've been totally clean, gluten free forthree weeks now. Never in my life have I ever experienced a gassystomach after eating until now, is there any correlation between beingGF and a gassy stomach? Also I may be experiencing this after eatingmilk products and was never lactose intolerant. Any feedback isappreciated!**************Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)

I became sensitive to lactose when I was first diagnosed and

went GF (in 2004) and went through 3 times of cutting out dairy (once for 5

mos, once for 3 mos and then one more time for a year because it was giving me

trouble) – I slowly brought it back and am able to eat some diary no problem

(no milk or ice cream for me, but a splash of ½ & ½ in my coffee and almost

all cheeses don’t harm much (can’t do cheddar though).  I’m one of the super sensitive

ones and therefore am constantly on top of being aware of CC (cross contamination.)

In my opinion it takes patience and practice…a little trial and error and it’s

different for all of us.  With CD, you might also experience the other  common

allergens.  I’m peanut, soy, and corn free too, and can only eat certain tree

nuts.  This is definitely great group to be a part of, I’ve learned a lot.  It

took me almost 3 years to feel somewhat normal and get a handle on all aspects

of this disease.  A lot of us also have other autoimmune diseases and symptoms that

go hand in hand with CD.  I deal with hyperparathyroidism and nerve sensitivity/tingling,

which is heightened whenever I get “glutened”.  I take prescription vitamin D

& folic acid and OTC iron supplements and get B12 injections due to poor absorption. 

Sometimes I wean off, but then have to start up again.  Just remember to

monitor and always follow up on everything!

Welcome!

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of Robin Karp

Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:36 PM

Subject: Re: [ ] Question from newly diagnosed

Thank you for your feedback! I do not take vitamins, although I

probably should as I know I am not absorbing nutrients. I take a strong

iron supplement three times a day and I know this is not the source as I was

off of it for a couple days. Interesting about the G and sensitivity to

lactose, it will be interesting to hear from others! I appreciate ALL the

wonderful foods I CAN eat, not a bad disease to live WITH. A little

emotional the first couple weeks, now I'm fine!

Thank you again.

On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:27 PM, TrVerb@...

wrote:

First of all, welcome! I'm glad

you've found this listserv, which is a wonderful resource for information.

I was diagnosed back in March, and hadn't had any gi symptoms until after I was

gluten free about a month. Then I experienced terrible stomach cramps. I

attributed this to the all the vitamins my doctor had prescribed. After I

started parcelling them out throughout the day, rather than taking them all at

once after breakfast, the cramps stopped and haven't returned.

If it's not vitamins for you, I have heard that often after going gf you'll

find you are super sensitive to lactose. Apparently this sensitivity might go

away after you 've had time to heal. I bet you'll hear from others about this.

Good luck!

Tristan

In a message dated 12/2/08 7:31:24 PM, robin@... writes:

I was diagnosed just three weeks ago, was asymptomatic for the most

part except for anemia. I've been totally clean, gluten free for

three weeks now. Never in my life have I ever experienced a gassy

stomach after eating until now, is there any correlation between being

GF and a gassy stomach? Also I may be experiencing this after eating

milk products and was never lactose intolerant. Any feedback is

appreciated!

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)

Almost the same story here with the dairy, but I am able to eat

peanuts and tree nuts and only have to go semi-easy on soy and corn. I

actually use lactose-free milk and ice cream and those work perfectly,

and use a few lactase enzyme pills if I'm out for a meal and there's

lots of dairy products involved, but a little cheese or cream here and

there is no problem. I find dry aged cheeses to be the easiest to deal

with - parmesan and dry extra sharp cheddar are my favorites. Most

blue cheeses are going GF now but check the vendors. I know Rosenborg

and Humboldt Fog are GF and free of bread cultures, and they are

fantastic. Like Robin, anemia was a huge problem for me before the

diagnosis, and that issue has disappeared completely. After three

years of being GF, I feel better than ever.

-Joe

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Wallace

<AWallace@...> wrote:

> I became sensitive to lactose when I was first diagnosed and went GF (in

> 2004) and went through 3 times of cutting out dairy (once for 5 mos, once

> for 3 mos and then one more time for a year because it was giving me

> trouble) – I slowly brought it back and am able to eat some diary no problem

> (no milk or ice cream for me, but a splash of ½ & ½ in my coffee and almost

> all cheeses don't harm much (can't do cheddar though). I'm one of the super

> sensitive ones and therefore am constantly on top of being aware of CC

> (cross contamination.) In my opinion it takes patience and practice…a

> little trial and error and it's different for all of us. With CD, you might

> also experience the other common allergens. I'm peanut, soy, and corn free

> too, and can only eat certain tree nuts. This is definitely great group to

> be a part of, I've learned a lot. It took me almost 3 years to feel

> somewhat normal and get a handle on all aspects of this disease. A lot of

> us also have other autoimmune diseases and symptoms that go hand in hand

> with CD. I deal with hyperparathyroidism and nerve sensitivity/tingling,

> which is heightened whenever I get " glutened " . I take prescription vitamin

> D & folic acid and OTC iron supplements and get B12 injections due to poor

> absorption. Sometimes I wean off, but then have to start up again. Just

> remember to monitor and always follow up on everything!

>

>

>

> Welcome!

>

>

>

>

>

> From: [mailto: ]

> On Behalf Of Robin Karp

> Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:36 PM

>

> Subject: Re: [ ] Question from newly diagnosed

>

>

>

> Thank you for your feedback! I do not take vitamins, although I probably

> should as I know I am not absorbing nutrients. I take a strong iron

> supplement three times a day and I know this is not the source as I was off

> of it for a couple days. Interesting about the G and sensitivity to

> lactose, it will be interesting to hear from others! I appreciate ALL the

> wonderful foods I CAN eat, not a bad disease to live WITH. A little

> emotional the first couple weeks, now I'm fine!

>

>

>

> Thank you again.

>

> On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:27 PM, TrVerb@... wrote:

>

> First of all, welcome! I'm glad you've found this listserv, which is a

> wonderful resource for information.

>

> I was diagnosed back in March, and hadn't had any gi symptoms until after I

> was gluten free about a month. Then I experienced terrible stomach cramps. I

> attributed this to the all the vitamins my doctor had prescribed. After I

> started parcelling them out throughout the day, rather than taking them all

> at once after breakfast, the cramps stopped and haven't returned.

>

> If it's not vitamins for you, I have heard that often after going gf you'll

> find you are super sensitive to lactose. Apparently this sensitivity might

> go away after you 've had time to heal. I bet you'll hear from others about

> this.

>

> Good luck!

> Tristan

>

> In a message dated 12/2/08 7:31:24 PM, robin@... writes:

>

>

>

>

> I was diagnosed just three weeks ago, was asymptomatic for the most

> part except for anemia. I've been totally clean, gluten free for

> three weeks now. Never in my life have I ever experienced a gassy

> stomach after eating until now, is there any correlation between being

> GF and a gassy stomach? Also I may be experiencing this after eating

> milk products and was never lactose intolerant. Any feedback is

> appreciated!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> **************

> Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

>

(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)

>

>

>

>

--

Joe

http://sanbeiji.com/

Thank you, thank you! I consider myself fortunate as I can have ice cream and cheese. Tonight I had cottage cheese which did not agree with me. Cross contamination is something which concerns me. Tonight we ate out at The Fish Market in San Mateo, the floor supervisor was extremely helpful and I stuck to broiled fish, cottage cheese and steamed vegetables, all under the supervisors guidance. Obviously I will never eat in a Chinese restaurant and will try to avoid busy times in restaurants as they can not pay close attention to the food if it is busy. I found a small restaurant in Burlingame, Piazza Italia, and they thicken all their soups with potato. It used to be my favorite place to lunch and will remain so! Also it is small and I can talk with the cook directly. As I told you it is three weeks for me and the past three days are the first days in months I have not needed a nap, my skin looks smoother, and I simply feel a little better already!Thanks for your info.On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:46 PM, Wallace wrote:I became sensitive to lactose when I was first diagnosed and went GF (in 2004) and went through 3 times of cutting out dairy (once for 5 mos, once for 3 mos and then one more time for a year because it was giving me trouble) – I slowly brought it back and am able to eat some diary no problem (no milk or ice cream for me, but a splash of ½ & ½ in my coffee and almost all cheeses don’t harm much (can’t do cheddar though). I’m one of the super sensitive ones and therefore am constantly on top of being aware of CC (cross contamination.) In my opinion it takes patience and practice…a little trial and error and it’s different for all of us. With CD, you might also experience the other common allergens. I’m peanut, soy, and corn free too, and can only eat certain tree nuts. This is definitely great group to be a part of, I’ve learned a lot. It took me almost 3 years to feel somewhat normal and get a handle on all aspects of this disease. A lot of us also have other autoimmune diseases and symptoms that go hand in hand with CD. I deal with hyperparathyroidism and nerve sensitivity/tingling, which is heightened whenever I get “glutened”. I take prescription vitamin D & folic acid and OTC iron supplements and get B12 injections due to poor absorption. Sometimes I wean off, but then have to start up again. Just remember to monitor and always follow up on everything! Welcome! From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Robin KarpSent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:36 PM Subject: Re: [ ] Question from newly diagnosed Thank you for your feedback! I do not take vitamins, although I probably should as I know I am not absorbing nutrients. I take a strong iron supplement three times a day and I know this is not the source as I was off of it for a couple days. Interesting about the G and sensitivity to lactose, it will be interesting to hear from others! I appreciate ALL the wonderful foods I CAN eat, not a bad disease to live WITH. A little emotional the first couple weeks, now I'm fine! Thank you again.On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:27 PM, TrVerb@... wrote:First of all, welcome! I'm glad you've found this listserv, which is a wonderful resource for information.I was diagnosed back in March, and hadn't had any gi symptoms until after I was gluten free about a month. Then I experienced terrible stomach cramps. I attributed this to the all the vitamins my doctor had prescribed. After I started parcelling them out throughout the day, rather than taking them all at once after breakfast, the cramps stopped and haven't returned. If it's not vitamins for you, I have heard that often after going gf you'll find you are super sensitive to lactose. Apparently this sensitivity might go away after you 've had time to heal. I bet you'll hear from others about this.Good luck!TristanIn a message dated 12/2/08 7:31:24 PM, robinkarpfamily4 writes:I was diagnosed just three weeks ago, was asymptomatic for the mostpart except for anemia. I've been totally clean, gluten free forthree weeks now. Never in my life have I ever experienced a gassystomach after eating until now, is there any correlation between beingGF and a gassy stomach? Also I may be experiencing this after eatingmilk products and was never lactose intolerant. Any feedback isappreciated!**************Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)

Thank you Joe, I will pick up some lactose enzyme pills to keep in my purse and will use them as needed. I knew to avoid any cheese with veins (blue, gorgonzola, etc.) and am thrilled to know I can have Humboldt Fog! HF is my absolute favorite cheese and I am going to Cow Girl Creamery tomorrow morning for breakfast with some friends, nice to know my birthday celebration will include my fav cheese! How long did it take Joe for your anemia to go away?On Dec 2, 2008, at 9:15 PM, Joe wrote:Almost the same story here with the dairy, but I am able to eatpeanuts and tree nuts and only have to go semi-easy on soy and corn. Iactually use lactose-free milk and ice cream and those work perfectly,and use a few lactase enzyme pills if I'm out for a meal and there'slots of dairy products involved, but a little cheese or cream here andthere is no problem. I find dry aged cheeses to be the easiest to dealwith - parmesan and dry extra sharp cheddar are my favorites. Mostblue cheeses are going GF now but check the vendors. I know Rosenborgand Humboldt Fog are GF and free of bread cultures, and they arefantastic. Like Robin, anemia was a huge problem for me before thediagnosis, and that issue has disappeared completely. After threeyears of being GF, I feel better than ever.-JoeOn Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Wallace<AWallaceeastonbellsports> wrote:> I became sensitive to lactose when I was first diagnosed and went GF (in> 2004) and went through 3 times of cutting out dairy (once for 5 mos, once> for 3 mos and then one more time for a year because it was giving me> trouble) – I slowly brought it back and am able to eat some diary no problem> (no milk or ice cream for me, but a splash of ½ & ½ in my coffee and almost> all cheeses don't harm much (can't do cheddar though). I'm one of the super> sensitive ones and therefore am constantly on top of being aware of CC> (cross contamination.) In my opinion it takes patience and practice…a> little trial and error and it's different for all of us. With CD, you might> also experience the other common allergens. I'm peanut, soy, and corn free> too, and can only eat certain tree nuts. This is definitely great group to> be a part of, I've learned a lot. It took me almost 3 years to feel> somewhat normal and get a handle on all aspects of this disease. A lot of> us also have other autoimmune diseases and symptoms that go hand in hand> with CD. I deal with hyperparathyroidism and nerve sensitivity/tingling,> which is heightened whenever I get "glutened". I take prescription vitamin> D & folic acid and OTC iron supplements and get B12 injections due to poor> absorption. Sometimes I wean off, but then have to start up again. Just> remember to monitor and always follow up on everything!>>>> Welcome!>>>>>> From: [mailto: ]> On Behalf Of Robin Karp> Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:36 PM> > Subject: Re: [ ] Question from newly diagnosed>>>> Thank you for your feedback! I do not take vitamins, although I probably> should as I know I am not absorbing nutrients. I take a strong iron> supplement three times a day and I know this is not the source as I was off> of it for a couple days. Interesting about the G and sensitivity to> lactose, it will be interesting to hear from others! I appreciate ALL the> wonderful foods I CAN eat, not a bad disease to live WITH. A little> emotional the first couple weeks, now I'm fine!>>>> Thank you again.>> On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:27 PM, TrVerb@... wrote:>> First of all, welcome! I'm glad you've found this listserv, which is a> wonderful resource for information.>> I was diagnosed back in March, and hadn't had any gi symptoms until after I> was gluten free about a month. Then I experienced terrible stomach cramps. I> attributed this to the all the vitamins my doctor had prescribed. After I> started parcelling them out throughout the day, rather than taking them all> at once after breakfast, the cramps stopped and haven't returned.>> If it's not vitamins for you, I have heard that often after going gf you'll> find you are super sensitive to lactose. Apparently this sensitivity might> go away after you 've had time to heal. I bet you'll hear from others about> this.>> Good luck!> Tristan>> In a message dated 12/2/08 7:31:24 PM, robinkarpfamily4 writes:>>>>> I was diagnosed just three weeks ago, was asymptomatic for the most> part except for anemia. I've been totally clean, gluten free for> three weeks now. Never in my life have I ever experienced a gassy> stomach after eating until now, is there any correlation between being> GF and a gassy stomach? Also I may be experiencing this after eating> milk products and was never lactose intolerant. Any feedback is> appreciated!>>>>>>>> **************> Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.> (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)>>>> -- Joe http://sanbeiji.com/

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Robin Karp <robin@...> wrote:

> How long did it take Joe for your anemia to go away?

For me the anemia disappeared almost immediately after going GF. And

that's interesting since the anemia had persisted on and off for 12

years or so.

--

Joe

http://sanbeiji.com/

So what I am feeling now may last! Thanks!On Dec 2, 2008, at 9:37 PM, Joe wrote:On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Robin Karp <robinkarpfamily4> wrote:> How long did it take Joe for your anemia to go away?For me the anemia disappeared almost immediately after going GF. Andthat's interesting since the anemia had persisted on and off for 12years or so.-- Joe http://sanbeiji.com/

Hi Robin! Just now seeing the message, so not sure if anyone

mentioned, but there is a correlation between gluten and casein (milk

protein) sensitivities. I am sure I don't know enough to explain, and

at the moment am not certain of all of my sources, but I am severely

intolerant to gluten and intolerant to casein and I found going gluten

free no hassle, but I was unwilling to give up cheeses, so tried goat's

milk, sheep's milk, etc. I never noticed any reaction previously, but

perhaps the two were cancelling each other out in ways? But

ultimately, I know my body works better without any dairy. Have you

tried staying away from dairy to see if your symptoms improve? I know,

it is very hard to give up, and I hope for your sake you are not casein

intolerant!!

Good luck!!

www.NaturallyDahling.com

Sure appreciate this site and your feedback. I'm afraid at this point to give up dairy as it has been only three weeks of gf eating. My gut feeling is to keep eating dairy and if it doesn't get better to slowly take it away. I am wondering if one stays away from a particular type of food if they don't become intolerant of it eventuallyOn Dec 2, 2008, at 10:51 PM, kristenevelyncampbell wrote: Hi Robin! Just now seeing the message, so not sure if anyone mentioned, but there is a correlation between gluten and casein (milk protein) sensitivities. I am sure I don't know enough to explain, and at the moment am not certain of all of my sources, but I am severely intolerant to gluten and intolerant to casein and I found going gluten free no hassle, but I was unwilling to give up cheeses, so tried goat's milk, sheep's milk, etc. I never noticed any reaction previously, but perhaps the two were cancelling each other out in ways? But ultimately, I know my body works better without any dairy. Have you tried staying away from dairy to see if your symptoms improve? I know, it is very hard to give up, and I hope for your sake you are not casein intolerant!! Good luck!! www.NaturallyDahling.com

Not sure I understand what you mean about developing intolerances to things you

don't eat - how would you become more sensitive to something you're not being

exposed to?

In the case of celiac and lactose intolerance, if you're lactose intolerant due

to damaged villi (the tips of the villi produce the lactase enzyme that digests

milk products) you will likely experience problems eating/drinking dairy until

you heal and the villi regrow. Usually it takes months to years for complete

regrowth.

Basically, if you're feeling miserable consuming dairy, you have 2 choices to

fix the problem. Drop it completely for now, and try re-introducing it in 3 to 6

months, or use lactase enzyme supplements to see if they give you any relief.

Maureen

> From: Robin Karp <robin@...>

> Subject: Re: [ ] Re: Question from newly diagnosed

>

> Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:58 PM

> Sure appreciate this site and your feedback. I'm afraid at this point to

give up dairy as it has been only three weeks of gf eating. My gut feeling is

to keep eating dairy and if it doesn't get better to slowly take it away. I

am wondering if one stays away from a particular type of food if they don't

become intolerant of it eventually

Remember that lactose-free milk is out there. It tastes sweeter than ordinary milk, which is a drawback for adults accustomed to regular cow's milk, but children probably would like that taste.

For people who are only casein-intolerant, goats' milk sometimes works.

H.

In a message dated 12/3/08 10:04:04 AM, palmer@... writes:

My celiac daughter was lactose intolerant after (and probably before, but she was so sick we didn't know) going gluten free, but her gut recovered once we eliminated the gluten from her diet, and after a few months she could drink milk again with no problem.

By the way, in her case it was only milk that provoked the symptoms, and I believe there is a logical reason for that (higher lactose content?) You could try avoiding regular milk for awhile and see if that helps.

Good luck--

**************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)

Hi--

My celiac daughter was lactose intolerant after (and probably before, but she

was so sick we didn't know) going gluten free, but her gut recovered once we

eliminated the gluten from her diet, and after a few months she could drink milk

again with no problem.

By the way, in her case it was only milk that provoked the symptoms, and I

believe there is a logical reason for that (higher lactose content?) You could

try avoiding regular milk for awhile and see if that helps.

Good luck--

Robin Karp [robin@...]

Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:58 PM

Subject: Re: [ ] Re: Question from newly diagnosed

Sure appreciate this site and your feedback. I'm afraid at this point to give

up dairy as it has been only three weeks of gf eating. My gut feeling is to

keep eating dairy and if it doesn't get better to slowly take it away. I am

wondering if one stays away from a particular type of food if they don't become

intolerant of it eventually

On Dec 2, 2008, at 10:51 PM, kristenevelyncampbell wrote:

Hi Robin! Just now seeing the message, so not sure if anyone

mentioned, but there is a correlation between gluten and casein (milk

protein) sensitivities. I am sure I don't know enough to explain, and

at the moment am not certain of all of my sources, but I am severely

intolerant to gluten and intolerant to casein and I found going gluten

free no hassle, but I was unwilling t! o give up cheeses, so tried goat's

milk, sheep's milk, etc. I never noticed any reaction previously, but

perhaps the two were cancelling each other out in ways? But

ultimately, I know my body works better without any dairy. Have you

tried staying away from dairy to see if your symptoms improve? I know,

it is very hard to give up, and I hope for your sake you are not casein

intolerant!!

Good luck!!

www.NaturallyDahling.com

I have no problem with cheese made from goat’s milk.

I also keep Trader Joe’s lactose free yogurt cheese slices stocked in the

house. They come in plain or jalepeno. Very yummy and easy on the

tummy ; )

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of flatcat9@...

Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 10:26 AM

Subject: Re: [ ] Re: Question from newly diagnosed

Remember that lactose-free milk is out there. It tastes sweeter

than ordinary milk, which is a drawback for adults accustomed to regular cow's

milk, but children probably would like that taste.

For people who are only casein-intolerant, goats' milk sometimes works.

H.

In a message dated 12/3/08 10:04:04 AM, palmer@... writes: