RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Sunnyvale Restaurants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

PF Chang's has a Gluten Free Menu, please ask for it. My boyfriend eats Gluten Free with me when we go there and thinks everything tastes great. I love the fortune cookies for the fortunes but not to eat!

----- Original Message ----From: jeansomlo <jina68@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:00:05 AMSubject: [ ] Re: Sunnyvale RestaurantsI've eaten at the Sunnyvale PF Changs with no issue, although I always have to ask for a new white bowl for making sauce plus the GF soy sauce- and they always still bring the fortune cookies, which I think is funny.Other places I've had luck with or recommend:Fresh Choice (at El Camino and Grape, next to Sunnymount Produce) - most things have ingredients listed and I use oil/vinegar as I got sick once from one of the salad dressingsBaja Fresh (at El Camino and Sunnyvale - near Big Five sporting goods). They have "bare style" burritos now which is lettuce in a bowl instead of the tortilla. I do not think I am super

sensitive to CC but it does look like they cook everything on the same grill but I've eaten there with no issue numerous times. Stay away from the chips though as they fry flour-things in the oil and the sauces (other than fresh salsa) all have wheat in them (at least the ones I asked about).I've heard DishDash is safe if you call ahead and talk to the manager about how they prepare things. I did that once and found I could eat a lot of their kabobs but my work lunch ended up moving to somewhere else so I never went there. It's on street in downtown Sunnyvale.I am dying to go back to Kabul Afgani Cuisine which is El Camino and Pastoria/Hollenback but I haven't called yet. I love their pumpkin side dish. I'm assuming much of their stuff is safe, I haven't been there since going GF but you could call ahead and ask the manager.I've also had luck at Thai Basil on street in

Sunnyvale -my favorite Thai restaurant by far, although the servers had no idea what I was talking about (I think it was more a language issue than gluten concept) so I guessed at what was safe (based on what thai food I cook myself) and was fine.----------------------------------

Guest guest

FYI: I got glutened their my first time. The next time I also ordered from the GF menu, but also told the waiter (who was so young, I thought he should be in diapers!!!) to ensure that the kitchen knew to use clean pans and utensils. I was ok that time, and boy was it yummy!

----- Original Message ----From: Lowles <heather.lowles@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:20:55 AMSubject: Re: [ ] Re: Sunnyvale Restaurants

PF Chang's has a Gluten Free Menu, please ask for it. My boyfriend eats Gluten Free with me when we go there and thinks everything tastes great. I love the fortune cookies for the fortunes but not to eat!

----- Original Message ----From: jeansomlo <jina68comcast (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:00:05 AMSubject: [ ] Re: Sunnyvale RestaurantsI've eaten at the Sunnyvale PF Changs with no issue, although I always have to ask for a new white bowl for making sauce plus the GF soy sauce- and they always still bring the fortune cookies, which I think is funny.Other places I've had luck with or recommend:Fresh Choice (at El Camino and Grape, next to Sunnymount Produce) - most things have ingredients listed and I use oil/vinegar as I got sick once from one of the salad dressingsBaja Fresh (at El Camino and Sunnyvale - near Big Five sporting goods). They have "bare style" burritos now which is lettuce in a bowl instead of the tortilla. I do not think I am super

sensitive to CC but it does look like they cook everything on the same grill but I've eaten there with no issue numerous times. Stay away from the chips though as they fry flour-things in the oil and the sauces (other than fresh salsa) all have wheat in them (at least the ones I asked about).I've heard DishDash is safe if you call ahead and talk to the manager about how they prepare things. I did that once and found I could eat a lot of their kabobs but my work lunch ended up moving to somewhere else so I never went there. It's on street in downtown Sunnyvale.I am dying to go back to Kabul Afgani Cuisine which is El Camino and Pastoria/Hollenback but I haven't called yet. I love their pumpkin side dish. I'm assuming much of their stuff is safe, I haven't been there since going GF but you could call ahead and ask the manager.I've also had luck at Thai Basil on street in

Sunnyvale -my favorite Thai restaurant by far, although the servers had no idea what I was talking about (I think it was more a language issue than gluten concept) so I guessed at what was safe (based on what thai food I cook myself) and was fine.---------- --------- --------- ------

Guest guest

FYI: Fresh Choice also has a book at the register with the ingredients for most of the foods. I was able to check the ingredients for the broths and learned that their was no gluten in their clam broth or the finished chowder. Yum!

----- Original Message ----From: jeansomlo <jina68@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:00:05 AMSubject: [ ] Re: Sunnyvale Restaurants

I've eaten at the Sunnyvale PF Changs with no issue, although I always have to ask for a new white bowl for making sauce plus the GF soy sauce- and they always still bring the fortune cookies, which I think is funny.Other places I've had luck with or recommend:Fresh Choice (at El Camino and Grape, next to Sunnymount Produce) - most things have ingredients listed and I use oil/vinegar as I got sick once from one of the salad dressingsBaja Fresh (at El Camino and Sunnyvale - near Big Five sporting goods). They have "bare style" burritos now which is lettuce in a bowl instead of the tortilla. I do not think I am super sensitive to CC but it does look like they cook everything on the same grill but I've eaten there with no issue numerous times. Stay away from the chips though as they fry flour-things in the oil and the sauces (other than fresh salsa) all have wheat in them (at least the ones

I asked about).I've heard DishDash is safe if you call ahead and talk to the manager about how they prepare things. I did that once and found I could eat a lot of their kabobs but my work lunch ended up moving to somewhere else so I never went there. It's on street in downtown Sunnyvale.I am dying to go back to Kabul Afgani Cuisine which is El Camino and Pastoria/Hollenback but I haven't called yet. I love their pumpkin side dish. I'm assuming much of their stuff is safe, I haven't been there since going GF but you could call ahead and ask the manager.I've also had luck at Thai Basil on street in Sunnyvale -my favorite Thai restaurant by far, although the servers had no idea what I was talking about (I think it was more a language issue than gluten concept) so I guessed at what was safe (based on what thai food I cook myself) and was

fine.Jean

Guest guest

I asked about the clam chowder not too long ago. One of the ingredients in it was "roux" which is basically flour and butter. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Viviana Acevedo-Bolton

Stanford University

Civil and Environmental Engineering

vivianaa@...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

& quot;los hermanos sean unidos, esa es la ley primera, que sino los devoran los de afuera... & quot;

~ Fierro

FYI: Fresh Choice also has a book at the register with the ingredients for most of the foods. I was able to check the ingredients for the broths and learned that their was no gluten in their clam broth or the finished chowder. Yum!

Guest guest

I typically stay away from all soups at restaurants because most soups do start with a roux and/ or noodles are added in.

----- Original Message ----From: Viviana Acevedo-Bolton <vacevedobolton@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:18:56 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Re: Sunnyvale Restaurants

I asked about the clam chowder not too long ago. One of the ingredients in it was "roux" which is basically flour and butter. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Viviana Acevedo-BoltonStanford UniversityCivil and Environmental Engineeringvivianaa@...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ & quot;los hermanos sean unidos, esa es la ley primera, que sino los devoran los de afuera... & quot;~ Fierro

Guest guest

I just had dinner there, and it was fabulous! From the GF menu we had the lemon chicken, lettuce wraps, and garlic snap peas. They even had a decadent flourless dessert! And - they even brought out a special GF tamari/soy sauce!I'm not terribly sensitive to small amounts of gluten, but so far so good.Overall a fab evening. :)On Jul 23, 2008, at 9:20 AM, Lowles wrote:PF Chang's has a Gluten Free Menu, please ask for it. My boyfriend eats Gluten Free with me when we go there and thinks everything tastes great. I love the fortune cookies for the fortunes but not to eat!----- Original Message ----From: jeansomlo <jina68comcast (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:00:05 AMSubject: [ ] Re: Sunnyvale RestaurantsI've eaten at the Sunnyvale PF Changs with no issue, although I always have to ask for a new white bowl for making sauce plus the GF soy sauce- and they always still bring the fortune cookies, which I think is funny.Other places I've had luck with or recommend:Fresh Choice (at El Camino and Grape, next to Sunnymount Produce) - most things have ingredients listed and I use oil/vinegar as I got sick once from one of the salad dressingsBaja Fresh (at El Camino and Sunnyvale - near Big Five sporting goods). They have "bare style" burritos now which is lettuce in a bowl instead of the tortilla. I do not think I am super sensitive to CC but it does look like they cook everything on the same grill but I've eaten there with no issue numerous times. Stay away from the chips though as they fry flour-things in the oil and the sauces (other than fresh salsa) all have wheat in them (at least the ones I asked about).I've heard DishDash is safe if you call ahead and talk to the manager about how they prepare things. I did that once and found I could eat a lot of their kabobs but my work lunch ended up moving to somewhere else so I never went there. It's on street in downtown Sunnyvale.I am dying to go back to Kabul Afgani Cuisine which is El Camino and Pastoria/Hollenback but I haven't called yet. I love their pumpkin side dish. I'm assuming much of their stuff is safe, I haven't been there since going GF but you could call ahead and ask the manager.I've also had luck at Thai Basil on street in Sunnyvale -my favorite Thai restaurant by far, although the servers had no idea what I was talking about (I think it was more a language issue than gluten concept) so I guessed at what was safe (based on what thai food I cook myself) and was fine.----------------------------------<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: mailto: -digest mailto: -fullfeatured <*>