RemedySpot.com

Restaurants in Marin - recommendations?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone has a recommendation for a restaurant in Marin County

where a sensitive celiac kid could eat safely? We'd like somewhere to

go for dinner Sunday after a Pt. Reyes hike.

Amici's in San is still at least a month away from serving GF

pizza, and my son got badly ill twice after eating from the GF menu at

P.F. Changs. I've heard Ambrosia serves a GF pizza, but when I called

them, they had no idea cross-contamination could be a problem for

celiacs - they said they had many celiac customers and no one had ever

asked about it before; they use the same pasta water for GF and wheat

pasta, and prepare the GF pizza in the wheat pizza area with all the

same toppings and equipment. That wouldn't work for us.

We would go to Cafe Gratitude, but we are trying to share a meal with

a non-GF family whose kids want pizza or something familiar at least.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

I would think Lotus in San would be good, assuming everyone likes indian food. The only gluten on the menu is in the naan and the samosas. I think they even started marking gluten-free options on their menu. I've never asked about cross-contamination though. If you're going to be in Pt. Reyes and heading back home, Petaluma would be even closer, I would think. I seem to recall a restaurant with GF menu up there, but I can't recall the name. Maybe someone else on the list does?

There's always In 'n' Out!

Trudy

-------------- Original message -------------- From: " Iscol" <no_gravity3@...> > Does anyone has a recommendation for a restaurant in Marin County > where a sensitive celiac kid could eat safely? We'd like somewhere to > go for dinner Sunday after a Pt. Reyes hike. > > Amici's in San is still at least a month away from serving GF > pizza, and my son got badly ill twice after eating from the GF menu at > P.F. Changs. I've heard Ambrosia serves a GF pizza, but when I called > them, they had no idea cross-contamination could be a problem for > celiacs - they said they had many celiac customers and no one had ever > asked about it before; they use the same pasta water for GF and wheat > pasta, and prepare the GF pizza in the wheat pizza area with all the > same toppings and equipme

nt. That wouldn't work for us. > > We would go to Cafe Gratitude, but we are trying to share a meal with > a non-GF family whose kids want pizza or something familiar at least. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks, > > > > ------------------------------------ > >