RemedySpot.com

Re: Frustrated with slow mail delivery @ HSS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear ,

As with anything mailed, it's iffy at best, and given all that went on with ie I'm not surprised. I'll e-mail Wanda personally and will also look through my past posts with her and see if I have ies home address and ask her if I can pass it along to you. Not good to put home addresses or phone #'s on an open forum like this, always do it in personal e-mail. I've been meaning to get ahold of her anyway to see how things are going with him, it's kinda hit and miss, as I'm sure she has her hands full besides keeping me in the loop, boy those two sure have been through it.

Colorado Springs

[ ] Frustrated with slow mail delivery @ HSS

So I picked up my mail today and in it was a returned card that I sent to ie when he was in HSS. I mailed it on October 8 which should have given it plenty of time to get there and get to ie. The note on it says that on 11/22, over 6 WEEKS after I mailed it, they returned it to me because he had been discharged. Now I realize that there are hundreds of patients at HSS but seriously. How can they justify that? ie was in the hospital for at least a month, even if he was in ICU they should have been able to get it to Wanda if not him. I guess in the future I will just use the hospital email card system. It seems to work better, sometimes anyway.So just a heads up. If you send a get well or thinking of you card to someone in the hospital they may not even get it.

Funny, almost the exact same thing happened to me. I got the returned

card yesterday too. Its unfortunate...I know cards would have lifted

ies spirits when they were low.

Take Care, Cam

HI SUSAN, JUST A QUICK NOTE TO LET YOU KOW THAT FRANKIE IS HOME NOW, WITHOUT THE SURG. BUT WITH THE HALO ON HE IS IN TRACTION AT THIS TIME..HE WAS HOME FOR ONLY A WEEK AND WAS BACK IN THE HOSPITAL HERE IN VEGAS AGAIN WITH PEMOUNIA ... HE IS NOW AT HOME ON A VENT..THINGS SEEMS TO GO SO SLOW WHERE HE IS CONCERNED...WE ARE WORKING WITH HIM AND HOPE THAT WE CAN GET HIM OFF THE VENT AND JUST KEEP THE TRAC. IIN AS HE WILL HAVE TO HAVE IT ANYWAYS FOR THE SURG...WHEN EVER THAT WILL BE...ANY WAYS WE DID HAVE THANKSGIVING AND IT WAS JUST A SMALL AFFAIR THIS YEAR...ONLY SEVEN OF US HERE VS 12 OR MORE LOTS OF PIES IN THE REFR. NOW ON WELL I GUESS I CAN NEVER LEARN TO COOK SMALL...MY ORGINAL FAMILY WAS 10 PLUS THE KIDS ALWAYS HAD FRIENDS OVER...SO YOU CAN GUESS I ALWAYS FIX OFR A ARMY OF HUNGRY TEENS AND GROWING KIDS...WILL I NEED TO

SIGN OFF AND GET TO FRANKIE..TAKE CARE LOVE WANDA P.S. SO SORRY ABOUT THE MAIL THING..I KNOW WE NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING WHILE HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL...BUT THANK GOD FOR E-MAIL IT HELPS A LOT

From: Kirkaldie <.Kirkaldie@...>Subject: Re: [ ] Frustrated with slow mail delivery @ HSS Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 3:29 AM

Dear ,

As with anything mailed, it's iffy at best, and given all that went on with ie I'm not surprised. I'll e-mail Wanda personally and will also look through my past posts with her and see if I have ies home address and ask her if I can pass it along to you. Not good to put home addresses or phone #'s on an open forum like this, always do it in personal e-mail. I've been meaning to get ahold of her anyway to see how things are going with him, it's kinda hit and miss, as I'm sure she has her hands full besides keeping me in the loop, boy those two sure have been through it.

Colorado Springs

So I picked up my mail today and in it was a returned card that I sent to ie when he was in HSS. I mailed it on October 8 which should have given it plenty of time to get there and get to ie. The note on it says that on 11/22, over 6 WEEKS after I mailed it, they returned it to me because he had been discharged. Now I realize that there are hundreds of patients at HSS but seriously. How can they justify that? ie was in the hospital for at least a month, even if he was in ICU they should have been able to get it to Wanda if not him. I guess in the future I will just use the hospital email card system. It seems to work better, sometimes anyway.So just a heads up. If you send a get well or thinking of you card to someone in the hospital they may not even get it.

Wanda, this is all so surreal to me, the chain of events that happened during ie's well planned venture for complex surgery to better his quality of life. Please tell him that I think of him often and pray for things to turn around so he can re-gain some quality of life.

Also, you are a trooper. I commend you for all of your unselfish actions and patience and care. I'm sure ie knows he's got a heart of gold there taking care of him. The thought of all those pies in your fridge makes me sooo hungry. Anyway, I think you're a very special person (as a lot of others here do, I'm sure).

G

Dear Wanda,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, things are so fluid here with Kids home and the holiday I'm flat behind. So good ies home, traction still, so it sounds as though surgery is still in the plan. Here's a big hope he can get weaned off the vent soon. I'm pulling for you two!

I know what you mean about holiday cooking, I too come from a big extended family, and all our holiday specialities come in monsterous recipes, I really need to pare it down, especially the turkey, we have only hit the white meat, and it's four days past the holiday. I always find you work so hard for about two days, and then the meal hits, and a half hour to and hour later it's all over, somewhat of a let down.

I'm holding good thoughts for you and ie, you are such a blessing to him and to us for keeping us so up to date with the goings on with him. You two are due for some good news and progress. Please convey to him that we all are thinking of him and are so glad he is home!

Colorado Springs

The same with mine. My card to ie was returned to.

>

> So I picked up my mail today and in it was a returned card that I

sent

> to ie when he was in HSS. I mailed it on October 8 which

should

> have given it plenty of time to get there and get to ie. The

> note on it says that on 11/22, over 6 WEEKS after I mailed it, they

> returned it to me because he had been discharged.

>

> Now I realize that there are hundreds of patients at HSS but

> seriously. How can they justify that? ie was in the hospital

> for at least a month, even if he was in ICU they should have been

able

> to get it to Wanda if not him. I guess in the future I will just

use

> the hospital email card system. It seems to work better, sometimes

> anyway.

>

> So just a heads up. If you send a get well or thinking of you card

to

> someone in the hospital they may not even get it.

>

>

>