Re: Out of state surgery/Considering Dr. LaGrone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I'm responding to the question about going to Dr. LaGrone. I just

had my 2 yr. check up with him and I would do the surgery with him

again in a heart beat. He and his staff are WONDERFUL. I'm from

Spokane, Wa. and we drove home, would probably advise flying. Any

questions let me know. Good luck, Terry

I had surgery with Dr. LaGrone in Amarillo in July 07. I was not out of state. I live in Dallas. Pre surgery testing was done on Sunday and my surgery was on Monday. I had my primary care doctor ck me out (the well woman visit- pap smear, mamogram) prior to surgery. I also wanted to get all that done prior to surgery anyway. As far as follow up check ups, Dr. LaGrone wants 6 week x/rays sent to him. Too hard to travel at that point so I had the doctor in Dallas who sent me to LaGrone send X/rays. Then traveled at the 3 month point to see LaGrone for the next set of x rays. Also saw him at 6 months and then a year. Now don't have to go back for another year. I flew back home. It is only an hour flight. I went to the rehab floor after surgery (about at day 6) and I was there for a

week. Dr. LaGrone likes to send his out of town patients to rehab to give them more time to recover before traveling home. I then stayed in Amarillo for another 3 nights before traveling home. Check with LaGrone's office about discounts. I stayed with family friends since I am originally from Amarillo. I really liked the hospital (BSA) in Amarillo. I was very pleased with the care.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm really glad I had the revision. No regrets. Melinda

From: lvlionqueen <jlg267@...>Subject: [ ] Out of state surgery/Considering Dr. LaGrone Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 6:09 AM

Hello,Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Anyone have revision surgery out of state and can share their experiences with this? Pros and cons? How were pre-surgery tests done? How was treatment coordinated with your primary care doctor back home? How do you get prescription refills coordinated since some doctors won't write prescriptions for out of state patients? How often did you need to go back for checkups? Was everything on schedule with recovery? How was flying back or did you stay extra time where surgery was done before flying back? Were you able to get any discounts on lodging during your visits and any other travel arrangements? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also interested to hear from anyone who had surgery done by Dr. LaGrone. Thanks.