RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Meloxicam / Mobic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Donna,

I have found relief already. Thanks for your help. Yesterday I didn't take any since my stomach was feeling off, and my back was still feeling good...so it must last a couple of days. Today I woke up in some pretty tough pain, though, so I think I will take it daily unless I'm feeling ill again.

Diane VDW

Michigan

Diane,I took Mobic for at least a year prior to revision surgery and never had any bad side effects from it. It did help with the pain however.Donna T.

Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!Shop now at www.ftd.com/17007

Thanks, ,

I'm glad to hear you had no side effects. I hope it is as effective for me. I am noticing some improvement.

Thanks again,

Diane VDW

Michigan

Hi Diane,I took Mobic before my total hip replacement, and also took it for my back at one time. I didn't have any side effects from it, and I certainly could tell the difference in pain levels when I had to stop taking Mobic 2 weeks before my THR!!! That was when I realized how much it had actually helped! Good Luck,

Click for free info on college degrees.

Hey Diane,I've been having trouble with the NSAIDs the Doctor has me on. Pain Management-wise they were really helping, but digestively they were messing me up at both ends... (I'm on my third medication in 6 weeks)Then I spent this weekend hosting my son's 2nd birthday one night and the family holiday party the next, plus I worked-out two days in a row. My back felt awful all day yesterday.  We must slow down. I actually left my house a mess after the last party, and have been slowly picking up a little each day. Normally I wouldn't go to sleep until all the dishes were done and everything back in place. I'm learning to let some things go... the world hasn't ended yet. Be good to yourself.-DyannFrom: Diane B Van Der Werff <sdvdw@...> Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:47:50 AMSubject: Re: [ ] Re: Meloxicam / Mobic

Thanks .  

The Mobic actually seemed to help from what I could tell, but last night I had a bad anxiety attack, so I haven't had any medication today with my stomach still a bit off.  I don't actually think the Mobic was to blame, though.  I just have had a lot of busyness, and I got overwhelmed.  From the discouraging appointment, to my Sister-in-law' s dad passing away, to my messed up dishwasher, to my big program last night, I was already pretty wound up, but then my kids had an allergy scare last night because there were nuts in the dessert...which they didn't eat, but I did.  (I am also a little allergic to them).  Then, without thinking, I shared my daughter's drink (straw)...and her throat started closing.  (My other daughter was also having a bit of throat trouble even though I didn't share her drink.)  SO that pretty much tipped the scale on my anxiety level.  I was up all night sick and checking on her.  She's fine.  I'm still recovering.  Despite sleeping (or not sleeping) on the floor all night my back is surprisingly comfortable, and without medication!  Today I'm just taking things slowly.  My church service was cancelled today, thankfully, since I was supposed to play keyboard for the service, and was in no condition to do it. 

I will be watching to see if the Mobic does cause any anxiety when I take it during times I'm not under so much stress.  I do tend to struggle with anxiety at times, so it likely is unrelated.

Thanks again,

Diane

Diane,I took it for a short while, but stopped because it didn't seem to be helping with my pre-revision pain. I didn't have any side effects that I recall from it. I hope that you respond well to it :)>> Me again...I just wondered if anyone has used Mobic (Meloxicam on the> pill bottle). I wondered if anyone had any bad side effects. I was> reading the side effects on my sheet that came with the Rx, and it made> me a little nervous. I suppose Naproxen and Ibuprofin aren't much better> for you, but the stomach, bowel, and heart trouble side effects sound> pretty scary. > > Just wondering. > > Thanks,> Diane>

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___

Top Perfume Brands at low prices. Click Now!

Thank you, Dyann,

I have not had trouble with NSAIDs to this point that I've been aware of...have used Naproxen and Ibuprofin, but after reading the possible side effects of the Mobic, I was wondering what the experience of others was. I tend to have digestive issues (irritable bowel syndrome), so I need to be cautious.

As for needing to slow down...you are absolutely right. I am a type A personality. Always on the go. It is difficult to slow down, but when I do I feel much better. I also have a hard time saying "no" to requests. That makes it hard at Christmas since everyone wants to do so many things to celebrate. My children and husband have really tried to help more. That has been a blessing. I think for my extended family it is hard for them to understand. My parents especially seem to have a hard time digesting that I'm in pain. They got me through that surgery at 14 yrs old, and I think they think I blame them or something. I have tried to assure them that I'm glad for all the good years I had, etc. Somehow I get these bad vibes, though...I think my parents and siblings think the pain came on awfully sudden...which it somewhat did. I have had episodes of pain for years. They probably didn't hear about most of them. Now that the pain has become constant in the last couple of months I think they don't believe me or something. Maybe they just don't know how to react. My brother has Crohn's and arthritis in his back, so I think they think I should just suck it up and be strong like him...Who knows.

I am trying to get more sleep now that it is Christmas break. I am not doing my family's annual sledding outing...not that I miss that. I probably need to get my kids to help me with grocery shopping and unloading, as that seems to really hurt. Too much walking, too much sitting, too much lying down...I just can't stay in any position for too long. So, I guess I need to learn to manage the pain and activity. I have a PT friend who said I need to take note of my activities so I can determine what increases the pain. She said sometimes even a couple of hours after an activity I will notice the results of it. I had that after taking my daughter to Walmart to have her picture done yesterday. Then the girls wanted to look at toys. I was way drained and sore that afternoon. Thankfully I could just relax as I had my PT friend over for a visit. Today will be another shopping afternoon...hopefully the last of the Christmas shopping.

I appreciated your comment about the dishes...having things back in place before bed...I have felt negligent in that I have begun leaving things undone...so you have just affirmed for me that it is okay to do that. My husband has this saying..."you'll never have everything done until you're dead." He uses that to remind me that somethings just aren't going to get done. I'm a list keeper, and I hate it when I just get it all crossed off and more things get put on it. That's when he gives his lighthearted quip. I'm glad he's so laid back since it balances my type-A personality.

Well, I need to quick wrap a couple of gifts while the kids are out sledding with their dad.

I hope you all have a blessed Christmas!

Thanks again, everyone, for being in my world and blessing me with all of your encouragement and information.

Diane VDW

Michigan

Hey Diane,

I've been having trouble with the NSAIDs the Doctor has me on. Pain Management-wise they were really helping, but digestively they were messing me up at both ends... (I'm on my third medication in 6 weeks)

Then I spent this weekend hosting my son's 2nd birthday one night and the family holiday party the next, plus I worked-out two days in a row. My back felt awful all day yesterday. We must slow down. I actually left my house a mess after the last party, and have been slowly picking up a little each day. Normally I wouldn't go to sleep until all the dishes were done and everything back in place. I'm learning to let some things go... the world hasn't ended yet.

Be good to yourself.

-Dyann

Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!Shop now at www.ftd.com/17007

Diane,

Something spoken about here often is how those around us, especially after the onset of Flatback, just don't get our pain and disability. Many of us like you are type A personalities, and have gone and did till our bodies and spines just say whoa. It's also tough for those who were around us during our GOOD years to understand the wear and tear on our spines below our long fusion masses, that may hit ten, twenty or even thirty years later. My parents really didn't get it for a good long time because they were told after my Harrington Rod surgery I was healed, so when I started to fall apart they plain didn't get it, after all a doctor told them I was healed. The best thing I did was to print off decriptions of Flatback from the net, and give them to read. The it was as if a light bulb went on, the understanding was there. My Mom did feel some guilt about the surgery, that their decision had put me where I was, and I had to assure her, the Harrington Rod surgery was cutting edge at it's time, and without it I truly would have been wheelchair bound as my curves were so big. They did the best for us at the time.

In the files section is an excellent article written by Mina, a fellow Flatbacker, who went through revision far earlier than me, titled Scoliosis Overcompensation syndrome. Please read it, you will probably find yourself there, I sure did.

Know if you are in pain and dealing with daily life, you are already SUCKING IT UP, and your family is completely wrong. You will have to slow down, ask for help, and moderate your day around your pain. There is no sin in asking for help or understanding, afterall you have a dibilitating spinal condition. I'm so lucky, my surgeon Anant Kumar was VERY plain with my family as to the affects of Flatback, and that I would need help. I'm so glad that after my surgeries with him I lead a very productive life, but it took time and work on both our parts.

Pacing your day is important, you will soon learn just what will send you into a really painful episode, and you moderate. Before surgery, I knew I could go to one store and shop a little bit, if I was careful to sit about every 15 minutes, but there was no way I could go to two stores, that would put me over the edge, and I'd pay for it. Be kind to your body. If your family is made aware, by giving them the information and making sure they read it, they will become your protectors. My kids are the best about it, they automatically do things I have difficulty with, and chastize me if I try to do them, as they want this surgery to last and last, and for me to have years and years of quality living. I think the biggest lesson learned by my Harrington Rod past is that our spines have been worked on so many times that we have to keep our good outcomes from revision close to our hearts, and live our lives in ways as to not compromise that good outcome. After all those years of disability while in Flatback, I'm all the more appreciative of being able to walk and stand as much as I'd like, and not being in daily pain, it's such a gift.

You do what you need to do to keep yourself as comfortable as possible, educate your family, and never beat yourself up about not doing enough, you are doing all you can, and thats enough.

Colorado Springs

Re: [ ] Re: Meloxicam / Mobic

Thank you, Dyann,

I have not had trouble with NSAIDs to this point that I've been aware of...have used Naproxen and Ibuprofin, but after reading the possible side effects of the Mobic, I was wondering what the experience of others was. I tend to have digestive issues (irritable bowel syndrome), so I need to be cautious.

As for needing to slow down...you are absolutely right. I am a type A personality. Always on the go. It is difficult to slow down, but when I do I feel much better. I also have a hard time saying "no" to requests. That makes it hard at Christmas since everyone wants to do so many things to celebrate. My children and husband have really tried to help more. That has been a blessing. I think for my extended family it is hard for them to understand. My parents especially seem to have a hard time digesting that I'm in pain. They got me through that surgery at 14 yrs old, and I think they think I blame them or something. I have tried to assure them that I'm glad for all the good years I had, etc. Somehow I get these bad vibes, though...I think my parents and siblings think the pain came on awfully sudden...which it somewhat did. I have had episodes of pain for years. They probably didn't hear about most of them. Now that the pain has become constant in the last couple of months I think they don't believe me or something. Maybe they just don't know how to react. My brother has Crohn's and arthritis in his back, so I think they think I should just suck it up and be strong like him...Who knows.

I am trying to get more sleep now that it is Christmas break. I am not doing my family's annual sledding outing...not that I miss that. I probably need to get my kids to help me with grocery shopping and unloading, as that seems to really hurt. Too much walking, too much sitting, too much lying down...I just can't stay in any position for too long. So, I guess I need to learn to manage the pain and activity. I have a PT friend who said I need to take note of my activities so I can determine what increases the pain. She said sometimes even a couple of hours after an activity I will notice the results of it. I had that after taking my daughter to Walmart to have her picture done yesterday. Then the girls wanted to look at toys. I was way drained and sore that afternoon. Thankfully I could just relax as I had my PT friend over for a visit. Today will be another shopping afternoon...hopefully the last of the Christmas shopping.

I appreciated your comment about the dishes...having things back in place before bed...I have felt negligent in that I have begun leaving things undone...so you have just affirmed for me that it is okay to do that. My husband has this saying..."you'll never have everything done until you're dead." He uses that to remind me that somethings just aren't going to get done. I'm a list keeper, and I hate it when I just get it all crossed off and more things get put on it. That's when he gives his lighthearted quip. I'm glad he's so laid back since it balances my type-A personality.

Well, I need to quick wrap a couple of gifts while the kids are out sledding with their dad.

Thanks again, everyone, for being in my world and blessing me with all of your encouragement and information.

Diane VDW

Michigan

Hey Diane,

I've been having trouble with the NSAIDs the Doctor has me on. Pain Management-wise they were really helping, but digestively they were messing me up at both ends... (I'm on my third medication in 6 weeks)

Then I spent this weekend hosting my son's 2nd birthday one night and the family holiday party the next, plus I worked-out two days in a row. My back felt awful all day yesterday. We must slow down. I actually left my house a mess after the last party, and have been slowly picking up a little each day. Normally I wouldn't go to sleep until all the dishes were done and everything back in place. I'm learning to let some things go... the world hasn't ended yet.

Be good to yourself.

-Dyann____________________________________________________________Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!Shop now at www.ftd.com/17007

, your response belongs in the Hall of Fame. Reading that made feel empowered...a big boost I needed!

Thanks, G

Re: [ ] Re: Meloxicam / Mobic

Thank you, Dyann,

Diane VDW

Michigan

Hey Diane,

Be good to yourself.

-Dyann____________________________________________________________Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!Shop now at www.ftd.com/17007