RemedySpot.com

Re: Safeway

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are there ANY Safeway's in San Franciso carrying Kinick products? Or other Gluten Free products? I would think the Safeway at Potrero Shopping center would be ok, but I haven't seen any Kinick products...

Gee Zee Cakes

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?... From nne on - "Return to Love"

From: Dean <nerd2art@...>Subject: [ ] Safeway Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 7:47 PM

I got excited when I heard about East Bay Safeway stores carrying Kinnikinnick and other GF foods. Surely, I thought, the brand new, huge store in Menlo Park will do the same! No such luck. They have some GF pasta products and some Pamela and GF Pantry stuff, but they don't even have Amy's rice crust pizza - every other Amy's pizza, but no GF.Don't bother.Why is all the good stuff on the other side of the Bay? You guys have Safeways falling into line and Harvest House. We've got nothing but Whole Paycheck and Draeger's!!

Safeway in the Fillmore carries a few items. They have the frozen GF dinners from Amy's.The Rice Chex, and a couple of the Thai instant meals.----- Original Message ----From: Gretchen <gflo185@...> Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:34:33 AMSubject: Re: [ ] Safeway

Are there ANY Safeway's in San Franciso carrying Kinick products? Or other Gluten Free products? I would think the Safeway at Potrero Shopping center would be ok, but I haven't seen any Kinick products...

Gee Zee Cakes

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?... From nne on - "Return to Love"

From: Dean <nerd2art (DOT) com>Subject: [ ] Safeway Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 7:47 PM

I got excited when I heard about East Bay Safeway stores carrying Kinnikinnick and other GF foods. Surely, I thought, the brand new, huge store in Menlo Park will do the same! No such luck. They have some GF pasta products and some Pamela and GF Pantry stuff, but they don't even have Amy's rice crust pizza - every other Amy's pizza, but no GF.Don't bother.Why is all the good stuff on the other side of the Bay? You guys have Safeways falling into line and Harvest House. We've got nothing but Whole Paycheck and Draeger's!!

The Sunnyvale Safeway on Bernardo at El Camino has the Kinnikinnick

products in their bakery freezer too. I thanked both workers in the

bakery as well as the store assistant manager who rang me up - I think

they all thought I was insane.

They had tons of pizza crusts, the sandwich bread, chocolate covered

doughnuts and hamburger buns (probably 1-2 other things- I don't

remember- maybe bagels and english muffins?). I bought hamburger buns

and doughnuts even though I didn't need any. I'm going to make sure I

try to buy at least one thing each time I shop there for the next few

months in hopes that will keep them in the store permanently. Someone

at Safeway certainly did their research to pick out the best of the

best in terms of good tasting GF baked goods that appeal to the whole