RemedySpot.com

Good news and a few questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I called Dr. LaGrone's office this morning and his nurse said to have my doctor send a referral and he will see me. I'm really excited because I had given up hope that I could or would ever be helped. It has been 10 long wasted years since my fusion surgery and I have been in chronic pain every since. I had much rather go to Amarillo, as it is a mid-size town and we are not used to being in a big city. My town only has 15,000 and everytime we have to go to Fort Worth to see a doctor or get my pump refilled, we sign in relief when we finally get back to our small town.

I have a few more questions for you all. Since I'm a chronic pain patient and take narcotics along with the pump, I was wondering how difficult it is to get off them after you had your surgery, or are you still having to take some pain meds. I would give anything to get completely off all the meds, as they have ruined my skin, hair, bowels and bladder. Do any of you that has had a revision still need to take pain meds? Two refills of my pump ago, I asked the doctor to cut it back a bit, as we were thinking of maybe trying a stimulator, but I will need to get off the pump first. He cut it back 25% and I suffered big time until my next refill and I asked him to go back up 20%. At the time I was wondering if the pump was really helping that much since I have had it almost 7 years now. Boy, I don't wonder anymore.

It is late and I need to get some sleep. This has been a good day.

Pat E.