RemedySpot.com

Re: revision and fibromyalgia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Peggy! I've been wondering about you. Glad your back is doing well and I'm sorry that your fibro is acting up. I don't have that so I can't relate to how it makes you feel, but I understand that it is pretty rotton. And 3 part time jobs but now down to 2? Girl! When goes back to work, why don't you take some TIME off and give your whole body some time to rest. I'm glad to hear from you - take it easy...oh, so the upper part of your original HR fusion isn't giving you problems now-a-days? If I recall correctly, you were having some issues, even having to take narcotic pain medication for the pain.

G

[ ] revision and fibromyalgia

I still feel great 18 months out from revision surgery but I seem to be having a relapse of my fibromyalgia. I think it may be the trauma of the surgery which can trigger fibro. My back is painfree in regards to the surgery but my arms, neck, shoulders, upper back, and legs ache from the fibro. I also can't seem to get enough sleep. Has anyone else experienced an increase in fibro following surgery? I don't know how many there are of us that have both.

My hubby has been out of work since July so I started looking for a 3rd part-time job at the end of October. Fortunately one of my current jobs bumped me from 10 to 20 hours which put me at 36 hours a week for my 2 jobs. But I'm going to have to cut back because I'm missing every other Monday due to the fibro and needing to stay in bed an extra day. If I sleep til noon on Saturdays and Mondays, I can get through working 8 hour days Tuesday - Friday.

This is why I have been absent from the group. There just aren't enough hours in the day to keep up email, message boards, and moderating the NOF board. I come home and vegetate with the TV and Facebook. I'm glad the extra hours started well after Arlene's surgery though. goes back to work the 5th and I can go back to Mondays off. Things will settle down and I can get back into some kind of routine on my own.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Peggy

Dear Peggy,

I don't have Fibro, but we have a family member with it, and a dear friend in California, and both of them have spoken of an uptake in it following surgery. I guess it all comes down to pacing your day, and it sounds like you have sort of figured out what works for you. So glad has found work, and some of the burden will be lifted from you, wow, three part time jobs, even someone without your challenges would find that tough!

The holidays have been subdued here, with Mom passing, and the company works for going belly up, just living day to day, and we will see who picks up the service part of his company this week, so I get the pressure your family has been under. Here's hoping the new year brings more opportunities for all of us. 2009 has to be better than 2008!

I still feel great 18 months out from revision surgery but I seem to be having a relapse of my fibromyalgia. I think it may be the trauma of the surgery which can trigger fibro. My back is painfree in regards to the surgery but my arms, neck, shoulders, upper back, and legs ache from the fibro. I also can't seem to get enough sleep. Has anyone else experienced an increase in fibro following surgery? I don't know how many there are of us that have both.

My hubby has been out of work since July so I started looking for a 3rd part-time job at the end of October. Fortunately one of my current jobs bumped me from 10 to 20 hours which put me at 36 hours a week for my 2 jobs. But I'm going to have to cut back because I'm missing every other Monday due to the fibro and needing to stay in bed an extra day. If I sleep til noon on Saturdays and Mondays, I can get through working 8 hour days Tuesday - Friday.

This is why I have been absent from the group. There just aren't enough hours in the day to keep up email, message boards, and moderating the NOF board. I come home and vegetate with the TV and Facebook. I'm glad the extra hours started well after Arlene's surgery though. goes back to work the 5th and I can go back to Mondays off. Things will settle down and I can get back into some kind of routine on my own.

Peggy

Yes, my upper back and neck have bothered me since I went back to work. Too much time at the computer with the only flexibility being in my neck now. I was taking Vicodin but it got to the point that it was keeping me awake at night so I stopped taking it a few months ago. I continue to take Relafen which is an NSAID and I take Skelaxin, a muscle relaxer. If I don't take the Skelaxin before bedtime, my leg muscles twitch all night. I try really hard to keep myself in correct posture at the computer and not hunch my shoulders. It makes a difference.

Peggy

Peggy