RemedySpot.com

Re: Hammer /Claw Toes?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please have CMT testing. It may answer all your questions and then some. it's just a blood test. Ljbocce_fun <bocce@...> wrote: CMT link led to another which talks about toes that look like claws. Just a few months ago,my 4 smaller toes on each foot started to look like claws only when I try to 'point my toes' Big toe seems same as ever. When 'pointed' I can straighten out my 4 toes with my hands, and they stay 'straight' for a few seconds, and then go back to the

abnormal contraction.I have assumed that it's from the flatback loss of sensation and therefore control of tendons/muscles that control the toes.Does anyone else have this problem?... asked a doc about it?... I feel stupid now that I didn't ask Dr.T about it. Neither doc nor resident nor nurse asked to see me point my toes. Have any of you had D, R, or N ask you to point your toes?Obviously I need the spinal reconstruction surgery, but I'm wondering if I have something else going on.One of the related conditions listed for hammer/claw toes is abnormally high arches. I've always had high arches, but nothing compared to my mother's. At my pre-surg workup, N noticed my unusually high arches.hmmmmm. Now, I'm wondering what else might be going on.I've rambled long enough.Bottom line:Has anyone had 4 smaller toes contract too far when "pointing your toes"?If so, did spinal

reconstruction surgery correct it?Thanks for reading all this!Jeri>> I am a 58yo woman who was diagnosed with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease on > January 15, 2008. It was inherited from my father. I've had it since > I was at least 14yo when I was diagnosed with scoliosis. CMT causes > spine and other bone deformities. The delay in the diagnosis has > resulted in a severe case of CMT (and scloliosis, for which I had > surgery in 2002), whereby I have total numbness in my feet, with > numbness having progressed gradually up into my thighs. It is also now > in my arms and hands. I can hardly walk or open a jar or a box of > macaroni. If it had been diagnosed and treated even a few years ago, > some of my

disability might have been slowed or avoided. If you have > ideopathic scoliosis (no known reason for it, as I did) AND/OR have > never been tested for CMT, now is the time!> > It is a neurological, progressive, debilitating, painful disease > inherited from one or both parents who are carriers. Scoliosis is only > part of it!>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I'm sorry. I should also say that if thes blood test confirms the genetic presence of the CMT gene mutation, then, an actual neurological test should be done to see if it has manifested itself in your bones and how bad it is. Lanabocce_fun <bocce@...> wrote: CMT link led to another which talks about toes that look like claws. Just a few months ago,my 4 smaller toes on each foot started to look like claws only when I try to 'point my toes' Big toe seems same as ever. When 'pointed' I can

straighten out my 4 toes with my hands, and they stay 'straight' for a few seconds, and then go back to the abnormal contraction.I have assumed that it's from the flatback loss of sensation and therefore control of tendons/muscles that control the toes.Does anyone else have this problem?... asked a doc about it?... I feel stupid now that I didn't ask Dr.T about it. Neither doc nor resident nor nurse asked to see me point my toes. Have any of you had D, R, or N ask you to point your toes?Obviously I need the spinal reconstruction surgery, but I'm wondering if I have something else going on.One of the related conditions listed for hammer/claw toes is abnormally high arches. I've always had high arches, but nothing compared to my mother's. At my pre-surg workup, N noticed my unusually high arches.hmmmmm. Now, I'm wondering what else might be going on.I've rambled long enough.Bottom

line:Has anyone had 4 smaller toes contract too far when "pointing your toes"?If so, did spinal reconstruction surgery correct it?Thanks for reading all this!Jeri>> I am a 58yo woman who was diagnosed with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease on > January 15, 2008. It was inherited from my father. I've had it since > I was at least 14yo when I was diagnosed with scoliosis. CMT causes > spine and other bone deformities. The delay in the diagnosis has > resulted in a severe case of CMT (and scloliosis, for which I had > surgery in 2002), whereby I have total numbness in my feet, with > numbness having progressed gradually up into my thighs. It is also now > in my arms and hands. I can hardly walk or open a jar or

a box of > macaroni. If it had been diagnosed and treated even a few years ago, > some of my disability might have been slowed or avoided. If you have > ideopathic scoliosis (no known reason for it, as I did) AND/OR have > never been tested for CMT, now is the time!> > It is a neurological, progressive, debilitating, painful disease > inherited from one or both parents who are carriers. Scoliosis is only > part of it!>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Dear , yes, but, you may still have CMT destroying your nerves. Lana <vclark@...> wrote: Hi Lana,Maybe so, they are symptoms of CMT but revisionsurgery straightened out my toes. Quality Assurance Manager-Cadra ProductSofTech, Inc.59 Composite Way, Suite 401 Lowell, MA 01851978-458-3420 call978-458-4096 fax http://www.softech.com/products/cad.php

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.