Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 7 months later...

very interesting stuff, ! hugs, sheila

K a r e n P <karlynn17@...> wrote:scroll down.... this is long but it

goes through MANY health problems. Even

though she's trying to sell her products, her info seems helpful

http://www.sensiblehealth.com/

Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN.

http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Dear Group,

While this might be out there and maybe has been talked about here, I saw this site today on a news program and checked it out and found it interesting. With inserting data into a form you can find out info on the hospital where you are to have surgery, especially interesting to me was the patient surveys, might be a good way to know in advance just how care could be at a particular hospital. I read the survey for the hospital I had my first revision at, and it was dead on in the care area, also I was surprised that they really hadn't improved much from what I found in 2002.

Might be a good tool especially for those who's doc's and hospitals aren't spoken about here much. I also always recommend that you speak to former patients of your doc, ask not only about him/her but also about the care you got at the hospital. Good to find out what recommendations they have for an easier stay, and what level of help you would need from family.

www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov

I know my surgeon does surgery at more than one hospital in our area, and after my experiences with the hospital after my first revision, I requested to go to another for my second. I found the care there vastly better, and was quite pleased I put my foot down and went to another hospital for the second.

Just thought many would enjoy having this tool, Cam I'm sure has told people about this one, but if not here it is.